Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Where’s Cummins? All this thread needs now is a couple C clamps and a playground ... and maybe a 700 yard headshot on a β€˜lope.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Can someone else start fighting with Burns?,,,,,,Please!

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

They are to busy perusing the Leupold website planning their purchases. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

No kidding Beav. This is too hard to look away from, but painful to watch.

Its amazing to me there is this much BS over the topic. I just realized how much I suck at killin stuff till I hit this thread. I guess till you can see the hairs on the bulls cack before I line up the sights I’m not really giving him a chance to get away grin

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good gawd another perfectly good thread shot to chit. LOL

Relatively par for the course on this optics forum... I mean Leupold tactical in the military has a pile to do with hunting in the Adirondacks and how boring it is to hunt animals grin

Right????
It's about what constitutes sporting, ethical and fair chase, what if anything doesn't and where you draw the line dummy.

You don't get to draw another persons line. Draw your own.
Funny, hunters draw the line for other hunters all the time, hence the reason things like spot lights, baiting and aircraft are illegal in many if not most areas. When you can sit there having a conversation with your buddies in a normal voice, have to yell for the deer to even hear you and even then it isn't sure what it heard or where it came from and doesn't spook, you are too far away for that animal to have a sporting chance of identifying danger and making an escape for it to constitute sporting and fair chase. Just watch Burns video. It's all there.

Just for grins, what is the distance it becomes sporting?

Any distance is sporting. The laser rangefinders are the gamechangers.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

Its amazing to me there is this much BS over the topic. I just realized how much I suck at killin stuff till I hit this thread. I guess till you can see the hairs on the bulls cack before I line up the sights I’m not really giving him a chance to get away grin

When you set out to kill an animal I don't think getting away is part of the plan

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Must be after 5 o'clock........everywhere.

Lots of great pics, though.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jwp475

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

When you set out to kill an animal I don't think getting away is part of the plan

Just hunt inside a high fence then. No chance to get away and obviously some still consider it sport.

C
ctsmith Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

They are to busy perusing the Leupold website planning their purchases. laugh

Please!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Good gawd another perfectly good thread shot to chit. LOL

Relatively par for the course on this optics forum... I mean Leupold tactical in the military has a pile to do with hunting in the Adirondacks and how boring it is to hunt animals grin

Right????
It's about what constitutes sporting, ethical and fair chase, what if anything doesn't and where you draw the line dummy.

You don't get to draw another persons line. Draw your own.
Funny, hunters draw the line for other hunters all the time, hence the reason things like spot lights, baiting and aircraft are illegal in many if not most areas. When you can sit there having a conversation with your buddies in a normal voice, have to yell for the deer to even hear you and even then it isn't sure what it heard or where it came from and doesn't spook, you are too far away for that animal to have a sporting chance of identifying danger and making an escape for it to constitute sporting and fair chase. Just watch Burns video. It's all there.

Just for grins, what is the distance it becomes sporting?

Yes they are and you've got to wonder just how successful many would be without them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW

Yes they are and you've got to wonder just how successful many would be without them.

This buck was 500yds and without a laser it would have been tough. grin

Decisions decisions.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It appears anything that increases the chance for a kill is good for the mighty hunters of the campfire. No point beating around the bush. We should just legalize bait, spot lights, dogs, night vision scopes, aircraft, full auto belt feed and 24/7 hunting hours. WTF it don't matter how or when so long as you get to kill something.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Where’s Cummins? All this thread needs now is a couple C clamps and a playground ... and maybe a 700 yard headshot on a β€˜lope.

Moving headshot! πŸ˜‚

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's what I'm asking all of you. As for me, as I said before, if you can stand there having a conversation with your buddies in full voice and have to yell just for the deer to even hear you, and even then it can't identify what it heard or where it came from, it's too far for it to have a reasonable chance at detecting danger and making an escape.

Maybe it should be a mano e mano game. That would be fair and sporting. By the way, government drew those lines, not other hunters. You are advocating for more government without even realizing it.
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here, which is exactly the reason baiting, dogs and shooting from a motor vehicle are illegal. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable harvest quota's and license sales are met. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

Sorry bud, but if there is legal force to it, the government is responsible for it. People cannot make up laws independent of the government.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters here generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable hasrvest quouta's and license sales are met. If hunters didn't want such rules,Boone and Crocket wouldn't have rules like no high fences for inclusion into the books. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

For your viewing pleasure.

This is not your tame setting where you mow the lawn and putter about on your ATV.

If you want elk meat it pays to be a bit handy in things rifle and a gadget or 2 might be helpful if you're willing to put in the work. grin

Looks easy if you did the prior preparations and topped your rifle with a Leupold. laugh

Lionheart would have walked up to it and cut its throat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

Scotty,
I wouldn’t know a good scope from a bad one...I always close my eyes before I squeeze the trigger. Amazing that I kill anything.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
β€œMolon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It appears anything that increases the chance for a kill is good for the mighty hunters of the campfire. No point beating around the bush. We should just legalize bait, spot lights, dogs, night vision scopes, aircraft and 24/7 hunting hours. WTF it don't matter how or when so long as you get to kill something.

You are a chick, right?

Nothing wrong with that but you just seem really emotional and irrational.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

That's what I'm asking all of you. As for me, as I said before, if you can stand there having a conversation with your buddies in full voice and have to yell just for the deer to even hear you, and even then it can't identify what it heard or where it came from, it's too far for it to have a reasonable chance at detecting danger and making an escape.

Maybe it should be a mano e mano game. That would be fair and sporting. By the way, government drew those lines, not other hunters. You are advocating for more government without even realizing it.
No gov't didn't draw those lines, at least not here. NYDEC works with the conservation council, which is made up of hunters, landowners, farmers and insurance companies, on most hunting regulations. Hunters generally don't support what they consider to be to "unsportsmanlike" hunting methods/practices here, which is exactly the reason baiting, dogs and shooting from a motor vehicle are illegal. Farmers, insurance companies and DEC generally don't give a fuuck as long as sustainable harvest quota's and license sales are met. You should stick to things you know something about bicycle boy, like cute little spandex outfits perhaps.

Sorry bud, but if there is legal force to it, the government is responsible for it. People cannot make up laws independent of the government.
The hunting regulations are crafted cooperatively by DEC and the conservation council. Sorry to burst your bubble.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
It appears anything that increases the chance for a kill is good for the mighty hunters of the campfire. No point beating around the bush. We should just legalize bait, spot lights, dogs, night vision scopes, aircraft and 24/7 hunting hours. WTF it don't matter how or when so long as you get to kill something.

You are a chick, right?

No but I don't live in denial of reality. Obviously many can't handle the truth. I don't use spray tan and have beaver teeth either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You are a chick, right?

No but I don't live in denial of reality.

Fair enough, just having a bit of fun bustin ballz.

It is the Optic Forum. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

You are a chick, right?

No but I don't live in denial of reality.

Fair enough, just having a bit of fun bustin ballz.

It is the Optic Forum. grin
I will agree you are good at that and have a good sense of humor to boot.

Page 32 of 40 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 39 40

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,866 guests, and 1,171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,794
Posts18,477,352
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.