Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by renegade50
I tried dog my 1st time in Korea.
Drunk as heck ate about half skewer of it.
Probably 3 bites.....
Char cooked over wood coals .
Had like a red colored spicy sweet sauce on it.
Dog taste like a wet dog smells......

Still regret it to this day......

now that i have contemplated your post for another couple of minutes, it occurs they may have fed you the incorrect variety of dog?

man alive in wildlife suppers the game can taste quite differently dependent upon the year, the game location, the cook and the recipe.

They raise hounds in chain link pens .
Watched azzhole ROK soldiers( after I ate dog several months before) down in Son juri( mid 80,s playboy list of VD capitol of the world)
Outta the ROK Tiger brigade in the western cooridor tie cinder blocks around the hounds rear legs , tie off a rope to a bridge gaurd rail and the hounds neck and throw em off a bridge.

Really made me hate bucketheads even more after seeing that.

I got em back during that training event.
The whole fugging brigade standing around their crushed pea gravel soccor field.
I was PZ control calling in 4 blackhawks to pick up 2 platoons from a line company of the 2/ 503rd.
18 per bird seats out in a black hawk....
They was all down below a slope around the field knowing to advoid getting blasted.
I was a scout squad ldr with CSC 2/ 503rd.

Me and my Rto calling in those 4 birds to our VS 17 panels.
Laying down with our feet to the PZ.
No need to stand up and assume guidance.
Common sense to not get blasted by the gravel....

Lead pilot seen all the ROKS standing around about 2 mins out on a slow approach.
Asked me to move em so they wouldnt get blasted.

I told him real quick how they killed those hounds.
All 4 of them black hawk pilots said we are landing and screw them ROKS, let em get blasted.

It was a pricless moment when those azzholes got sandblasted and tried to run away from it all.

Lead black hawk pilot Laffin on the radio.

Birds loaded up.
Took off.

Got in my Hummer with the driver and my RTO.
Last time I ever seen them ROK azzholes in the Tiger Brigade.
AMF.........

They got what they deserved far as I was concerned.

Never heard a mention of it from the line company commander
The Bn cmdr or CSM.
They was all on the same PZ freq monitoring it while it all went down....

American soldiers love dogs............
And know when payback is a mutha pfhugga......
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Given enough time, ammunition and freedom to wander I have little doubt you'd wipe out the dog population in North America single handedly.
No, I can't even do that with hogs or dogs on a couple hundred acres. Even with high motivation and basically an unlimited supply of ammo.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
#[bleep]

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
#poormarksman

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Interesting, what people believe as long as it suits their agenda. Some back their thoughts with historical references, some believe what they want to. Commercial use and greed have been drivers of many wildlife population reductions and extinctions (passenger pigeon) were not sent to the frontier to be consumed . Demand comes from the hungry non productive masses in the cities hungry for the meat, the hides , the fur, the down and for some the money that can be made from it. Men shot game in large quantities to sell to people in frontier towns, forts, outposts and salted in barrels as well as smoked was sent east by the train load for money. When the Indians found out they could trade furs and hides for whitemans goods it started. When the white man found out he didn't need the indian to get the furs, hides and meat the Indian got factored out period. When a nyc jew named Lobenstein sent 200 green buffalo hides to Germany for development into commercial leather, success of this insured the buffalo's demise was going to happen. Leather made from buffalo hides used for power transmission of steam energy to lathes and mills for the industrial revolution of the US. Waste, lots of it, greed no small amount of that , total lack of respect for wild resource that can be exploited overwhelming. Don't need to mention the politics, or the thousands of dead buffalo that floated down the wests rivers every spring runoff, cattle born diseases and other natural mortality causes. An unprotected resource is allways doomed by human beings of all kinds , creeds, and races. That is why the second is wrote into our constitution to protect you and what is yours. I have spoken and if you don't like it GFY. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Hastings
The bison were not exterminated by bullets.
Again your numbers are wrong. The short grass herds were already greatly diminished. There were not 30 million buffalo by the time market hunting started.
Well now you argue against yourself. What diminished the herds prior to market hunting?

Hunting. The slaughter started in Kentucky in 1770s pretty much.

How did white hunters, few in number kill all the bison?

White hunters compounded losses on top of normal losses.

Why were dead bison reported laying dead scattered around like pumpkins on the plains? Try Google. You give white hunters too much credit. All they did was deliver the coup de grace.

Because long range rifles made them easy to kill and the herd did not run. As I said 2000X500=1000000. The number add up very easily.

The army wanted them dead because they needed to starve the Indians and to clear the plains of bison so settlement could occur. We all know that wild bison CANNOT exist in settled areas. They had to go wherever farms exist. Humans always overkill when abundance exists. Always.

You mentioned the army wanting the bison dead. That reminds me of reading about Kit Carson. He lived for a time with the Apache, I think. This took place in the southwest. Carson became a scout for the army later on and it was his job to lead the army to the Indians. They always seemed to stay just out of reach. The Apache had planted fruit trees in various places and relied on them when they were on the run. Carson knew that and the army cut them down. They eliminated that part of a food source. In my mind Carson betrayed the Apache.

s.w. indians would plant seeds where when the rains came, they would get water, still do. Not uncommon to see little patches of green across the rez.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I heard Democrats taste like chicken...and I like chicken.

_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
Originally Posted by slymule
I heard Democrats taste like chicken...and I like chicken.

lmao. i wouldn't eat that finlthy thing if it was the last thing before dog poop.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I've eaten dog at a Korean wedding in China. Not sure I've ever eaten a cat though.

I've also eaten....
horse
donkey
snake
silk worm larva
etc.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by Hastings
The bison were not exterminated by bullets.
Again your numbers are wrong. The short grass herds were already greatly diminished. There were not 30 million buffalo by the time market hunting started.
Well now you argue against yourself. What diminished the herds prior to market hunting?

Hunting. The slaughter started in Kentucky in 1770s pretty much.

How did white hunters, few in number kill all the bison?

White hunters compounded losses on top of normal losses.

Why were dead bison reported laying dead scattered around like pumpkins on the plains? Try Google. You give white hunters too much credit. All they did was deliver the coup de grace.

Because long range rifles made them easy to kill and the herd did not run. As I said 2000X500=1000000. The number add up very easily.

The army wanted them dead because they needed to starve the Indians and to clear the plains of bison so settlement could occur. We all know that wild bison CANNOT exist in settled areas. They had to go wherever farms exist. Humans always overkill when abundance exists. Always.

You mentioned the army wanting the bison dead. That reminds me of reading about Kit Carson. He lived for a time with the Apache, I think. This took place in the southwest. Carson became a scout for the army later on and it was his job to lead the army to the Indians. They always seemed to stay just out of reach. The Apache had planted fruit trees in various places and relied on them when they were on the run. Carson knew that and the army cut them down. They eliminated that part of a food source. In my mind Carson betrayed the Apache.

s.w. indians would plant seeds where when the rains came, they would get water, still do. Not uncommon to see little patches of green across the rez.

Navajos had their peach trees cut by the army to bring hem into submission.

https://www.historynet.com/navajos-will-never-forget-1864-scorched-earth-campaign.htm

IC B3

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,039
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.