Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Thank you for posting that link TRexF16, I don't think there's many copies of that magazine sold here, and I haven't seen it on newsstands, so it was good to have the chance of reading John's article.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bwinters
Very nice!

I have been more than mildly curious with the 275 Rigby given my proclivities to the 280 Rem through the last 35+ years. I've owned a couple 7x57 and think they make ideal medium game cartridges despite Mr. Bell's usage. I've threatened to build one for a while. I'd prefer it stamped 275 Rigby, gives it a bit more panache......

Does 275 Rigby have a tighter free bore specification ?

Is that the point of the 6.5x55 SKAN ?

I remember playing around with a couple of Lee Enfield jungle carbines in 303 British.
No Panache that I can recall. I could not achieve the sustained rate of fire that they were claimed to support.

I do recall some of the kilted highlanders having a feather thingy on their wedge cap badge.
They wielded bag pipes, though.

Enough of DixNeuf !

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Links to lots of other good articles on the same site and John's story - check 'em out.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TRexF16
Originally Posted by philgood80
Is this article available online for purchase? I have searched all over town with no luck trying to find this volume. Isn’t carried here. I know I can go online and subscribe to SA and probably will but that won’t get me this edition.

I looked and looked and didn't find the issue on the newstands either, but apparently it is already available online for free on SA's site. I just found this - haven't even read it yet - wanted to post it first for those who, like me, have been searching for it.

Cheers,
Rex

panache-vs-practicality

Click on the highlighted authors name( in Red), and it yields a list of articles by said author 😁
At least on my tablet

Prowling around a bit , I found numerous pages of Craig Boddingtons works,
Bonus !

In general SA is an excellent publication , great articles, and amazing photography.
What’s not to like ? Maybe a bit heavy on the real-estate investment adverts ...

Last edited by 338Rules; 11/13/20. Reason: Passion for panache

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good piece that. I think it clear that men have a choice. Pink hair and nose rings don’t work for me.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
You guys aren't finding that issue of SA on newstands because it appeared in August.

I’ve never been able to find SA on store shelves, period, the reason I finally subscribed. Haven’t been to any real bookstores or newsstands as that would involve a 40-mile round-trip.

Pretty good magazine; what I’ve been missing for some years.

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Just read the piece, very entertaining and informative.
I have a question about my hat and my own, personal Pancache.
Do I need to add a Rooster, Eagle or Ostrich tail feather to my hatband for the desired effect?
I only hope the answer is not Ostrich, if so I'm out!
Cheers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by comerade
Do I need to add a Rooster, Eagle or Ostrich tail feather to my hatband for the desired effect?
Cheers

Peacock.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Cheers

Peacock.

Bit rude, but at least you didn't call him a galah.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rude? Me? Never!

I'm the soul of decorum and tact. Peacock feathers are naturally camouflaged, and subtly distinctive. They also serve as a marker flag so your Panachey Pals won’t accidently shoot your Panachey azz off in heavy cover.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

F
F
TRexF16, thanks for posting the link to the article as Sports Afield is rare in the newsstands in area. My knowledge of the less mainstream calibers is lacking and this article assisted in working on that personal shortcoming.

On a side note I recently asked the Sports Afield website for information on which newsstands, bookstores etc regularly carry their publication. I was told to try a local airport. I found that distribution model to be rather confining, but that’s just my opinion.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
As mentioned early in this thread, the older I get the more panache means to me. To wit, hunting and target shooting more and more with single shots. Two examples: My primary hunting rifle has become a Ruger #1- not uncommon, but is so in its chambering of 6.5x55. My favorite .22 has become a 100-115 year old Ballard-Stevens Pope that sings in perfect harmony with modern .22 target rifles, and often better.

I will admit that when snuggled up to a bench at the range my ego is stroked a bit when Average Joe Citizen has an amazed reaction of bewilderment when they ask about the old uncommon relics I collect and shoot. Seems a lot of folks don't know what a 1903 Springfield Style T bull gun is/was, or a Martini Model 12 with Unertl scope (similar to JB's), or a Savage M1920 .250-3000, etc. Sharing my knowledge with those folks is often an ego booster in and of itself- not that I require that because I would be running those guns regardless if I had an audience or not.

The Ballard:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Cheers

You need a tail-feather from a mature Reeves Pheasant.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
That is a beautiful rifle gnoahhh. Uber cool.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 260Remguy, 160user, 16penny, 1936M71, 53 invisible), 2,558 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,443
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.