Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Oh hell yes.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Old school, new school, grade school, middle school, high school, yes. Didn't like to fight but didn't mind it either if that's what needed to be done.

LOL
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Hell no, my dad would have beat my azz.

I should add that while I was a pretty good kid I remember in 2nd or 3rd grade in Catholic school one day my teacher had me in the bathroom lifted up by the throat and pushed against the wall screaming at me. Don't remember what I did though. My biggest fear was that he'd call my mother and my dad would have done twice what he did to me.

Big part of what's wrong with kids today IMO

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The football and basketball jocks used to pick fights.
You'd think they'd mature enough in college, but instead got bigger, stronger (steroids, juicing), and more arrogant. It was the difference between kids and adult athletes in their prime. It's a wonder that I didn't end up with my head split open on the concrete. The Lord protected me many times. I never got in a fight on the college campuses to get suspended...just in high school. The fights were street fights when it came to college years.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 09/21/20.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I would have been killed if I had. My mother was a teacher in my school. I got a broke arm for leaving a light on once, hate to know what step father would have done to me. He was a shell shocked WWII Marine. He had no fuse, instant explosion.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Its amazing that you made it, Hanco.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

I should add that while I was a pretty good kid I remember in 2nd or 3rd grade in Catholic school one day my teacher had me in the bathroom lifted up by the throat and pushed against the wall screaming at me. Don't remember what I did though. My biggest fear was that he'd call my mother and my dad would have done twice what he did to me.

Apparently that part never got through to me. grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
No, but I got the long wooden paddle one time, in 6th grade.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Its amazing that you made it, Hanco.

I learned at about 11 to do exactly what he said, exactly when he said to do it. My little brother (his son) never learned. He beat him badly until he left for the Navy at 17.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
My dad was stationed at Turner AFB, Albany GA in 1959...

The Klan had burned down the local black elementary school...so the School Board, divided our school bldg and put the black kids on one wing... and bulldozed a field next to the school for the playground for the white kids... we were all still kept segregated..

I was a real marble shark... I had won a lot of the black kids marbles at the bus stop ( even tho we all had separate buses..
they wanted the chance to win their marbles back, when it was recess time...which gave me an opportunity to win more marbles..

So I was hauled into the principles office by some male teacher for playing marbles with the black kids at recess, instead of being on the white kids playground.... Our principal was an old woman who looked like and dressed like Whistler's Mother...

she chased me around her office trying to beat me with her cane...she sent me home after she managed to do so, and I was kicked out of school for two weeks..that pissed my old man off, until he found out what for....my folks filed a complaint with the school board...

I spent two weeks out of school... but missed no class work etc.. We had the unusual situation.. a young female teacher that summer had rented a room at our house, for the coming school year when she had been hired at our school..fresh out of college... I was assigned to her class when the second grade school year started...

So my teacher lived at my house....that worked out conveniently...

other than that, I was a choir boy all the way thru school...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I liked things segregated, don’t know what happened

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
No, but I got the long wooden paddle one time, in 6th grade.

Only once?
I held the school record for swats in the 6th grade, 13 that year. Arizona schools were OK with corporal punishment back in the 60's.
Never got expelled or suspended though; just whacked and back to your desk.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

By the time I was a sophomore in HS, or perhaps early junior year, I was on a first name basis with the Asst Principal who was in charge of "discipline".

Among the many times suspended for 1-3 days, smoking while sitting on my buddy's fender waiting for him to get up to the parking lot to go home. I told Mr McGarvey the bell had rung, I was done with school and on my own time. I then found out about some little known (to me at least) that in our area the school was "responsible" for kids from the time they left their front door at home until they returned. I probably told him that was stupid rule.

Another time I wasn't even smoking. The school had to build an extension on the boys locker room when the enrollment got to big. Coaches and the eqpt locker dude couldn't see in there, so folks would go there and light up. I happened to get assigned a locker in there, was sitting on the bench tying my shoelaces, someone yelled "COACH" and the butts went flying everywhere. One landed between my feet. To the office I went. Told McGarvey it wasn't mine, wasn't even my brand. He said it didn't matter, if it wasn't this time, it makes up for the times I wasn't caught. Oh well, another letter to take home to Mom.

It was a good thing Dad left early as he never knew all the times I just stayed home after he left.

Catholic school? laugh One of my earliest memories ever is getting lifted out of my desk chair by a pair of sharp fingernails wielded by a mean ol' nun. I haven't a clue what for, but I remember that to this day, from kindergarten. I have report cards with A's and B's in stuff I liked, citizenship and class comportment were in the "needs work" to the F range.

Later, once we moved out west, if something happened on the school grounds they couldn't quite figure out, the Mother Superior would show up at the classroom door and say "Mike and Geno, to the office now", as me and my buddy had the "rep" as once might say. Got in trouble once for something we didn't even do, kinda like my smokin' experience in HS. But, I think we did something worse than they falsely convicted us for, so it probably worked out OK.

Catholic school was smart though, they didn't suspend us, just gave us extra assignments, made us eat lunch in the Convent with the nuns instead of with our friends, but they would never give us time off from learning.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Yes.......

I knocked out a Mexican bully......

[bleep] dude beat the [bleep] out of everybody during p.e. class....

I sent him to the hospital to get his lower lip stitched together
Bursted his tooth through his bottom lip...... floored him
Didn’t get up....... p ussy

Coach walked me to the office, thanked me for knocking the spit
out of dudes mouth.

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
And then...... I had the whole burrito after me.......

F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Valsdad

By the time I was a sophomore in HS, or perhaps early junior year, I was on a first name basis with the Asst Principal who was in charge of "discipline".

Among the many times suspended for 1-3 days, smoking while sitting on my buddy's fender waiting for him to get up to the parking lot to go home. I told Mr McGarvey the bell had rung, I was done with school and on my own time. I then found out about some little known (to me at least) that in our area the school was "responsible" for kids from the time they left their front door at home until they returned. I probably told him that was stupid rule.

Another time I wasn't even smoking. The school had to build an extension on the boys locker room when the enrollment got to big. Coaches and the eqpt locker dude couldn't see in there, so folks would go there and light up. I happened to get assigned a locker in there, was sitting on the bench tying my shoelaces, someone yelled "COACH" and the butts went flying everywhere. One landed between my feet. To the office I went. Told McGarvey it wasn't mine, wasn't even my brand. He said it didn't matter, if it wasn't this time, it makes up for the times I wasn't caught. Oh well, another letter to take home to Mom.

It was a good thing Dad left early as he never knew all the times I just stayed home after he left.

Catholic school? laugh One of my earliest memories ever is getting lifted out of my desk chair by a pair of sharp fingernails wielded by a mean ol' nun. I haven't a clue what for, but I remember that to this day, from kindergarten. I have report cards with A's and B's in stuff I liked, citizenship and class comportment were in the "needs work" to the F range.

Later, once we moved out west, if something happened on the school grounds they couldn't quite figure out, the Mother Superior would show up at the classroom door and say "Mike and Geno, to the office now", as me and my buddy had the "rep" as once might say. Got in trouble once for something we didn't even do, kinda like my smokin' experience in HS. But, I think we did something worse than they falsely convicted us for, so it probably worked out OK.

Catholic school was smart though, they didn't suspend us, just gave us extra assignments, made us eat lunch in the Convent with the nuns instead of with our friends, but they would never give us time off from learning.

Good song

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got kicked out of a marriage once, if that counts.

Both go on your permanent record.

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep did the 3 day suspension but not expelled.

Paddled many times at school,then when i got home got wore out some more.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

This says it all. No suspensions or expulsions but once in the first grade after a fight (might have been about a certain blue eyed blond) I was forced to kneel holding up 2 thick dictionaries one in each hand above my head while the teacher was using a sharp pencil to poke my head telling that this was what the crown of thorns felt like on Christ's head, crystal clear memory. Even at that early age I wrote very small and didn't use a #2 pencil, I used a #3 hard lead which I used to poke the kid in the ribs, no serious damage done but had to be shown the error of my sinful ways.

Have to agree on this - now a days seldom are there serious consequence for bad behavior.

This, beatings at home were far worse than beatings at school. I often had notes stapled to the collar of my shirt to make sure that my parents got them then I got it at home. Must say it must have worked, grown to be a pretty straight tree with no trouble with the law or anyone I suppose.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

627 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.