Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Hell no, my dad would have beat my azz.

I should add that while I was a pretty good kid I remember in 2nd or 3rd grade in Catholic school one day my teacher had me in the bathroom lifted up by the throat and pushed against the wall screaming at me. Don't remember what I did though. My biggest fear was that he'd call my mother and my dad would have done twice what he did to me.

Big part of what's wrong with kids today IMO

This says it all. No suspensions or expulsions but once in the first grade after a fight (might have been about a certain blue eyed blond) I was forced to kneel holding up 2 thick dictionaries one in each hand above my head while the teacher was using a sharp pencil to poke my head telling that this was what the crown of thorns felt like on Christ's head, crystal clear memory. Even at that early age I wrote very small and didn't use a #2 pencil, I used a #3 hard lead which I used to poke the kid in the ribs, no serious damage done but had to be shown the error of my sinful ways.

Have to agree on this - now a days seldom are there serious consequence for bad behavior.

This, beatings at home were far worse than beatings at school. I often had notes stapled to the collar of my shirt to make sure that my parents got them then I got it at home. Must say it must have worked, grown to be a pretty straight tree with no trouble with the law or anyone I suppose.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.