I got suspended from Catholic school once, can’t even remember the charge.

In my school, students got Infractions for minor things like tipping back in a chair. Five Infractions equaled a Demerit or you could also just get a Demerit for certain things, all of which the accuser got to determine. 25 Demerits (125 Infractions) and you got expelled. With three months left in the 7th grade, I had 123 infractions and was tracking hard to get the rest within a couple of weeks.

In those days in Oklahoma, when a contractor built a subdivision, they built a little shack to use for an office until the construction was done. Then they drywalled it and it became the sales office. When they sold all of the houses, they’d pick up the shack on a fork lift, put it on a truck, and haul it to the dump. A parent donated one of these shacks to the school to become a Reading Center. Long story short, I moved into the Reading Center where I couldn’t get any more infractions. I’d do my school work and homework, which took a couple of hours without the distraction of the faculty, then I’d spend the rest of the day mowing yards and doing other [bleep] work.

The next year when we all came back, you could only get five Demerits before getting canned. Not sure how I made it but I did.

High school was worse, but that’s another thread.

Okie John

Originally Posted by Brad
If Montana had a standing army, a 270 Win with Federal Blue Box 130's would be the standard issue.