-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We had a largely unnecessary evac a few years ago for Hurricane Hermine. Gridlocked all the roads and sucked the gas stations dry. We had a little rain and wind, and two weeks of crap before life got back to normal. Hell will freeze before I bug out.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I hope I'm wrong but depending on how bad the civil unrest gets in the next year, instead of waiting until I can afford to build, I may just get some wooded acreage and park a 5th wheel and my truck on it for now.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not bugging out anywhere. I will stay right here and see what comes. I should be good for a while.... or dead.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm here for the duration.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

I’m pretty much living with/in/on my grab-bag. When it gets bad enough here to leave....there will be no place to go! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
I'm here for the duration.

L.W.

Amen to that, Leanwolf.
Right there with ya.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Me and my families safe place is about 50 miles away. It is not where I reside. God willing, I would have the foresight and jump to bail for that destination before things became too bogged down to do so. That said, we do keep some go bags. Maybe a weeks worth of “oh [bleep]”
Essentials in them. Tarp. Life straw. Rations. K bar. Iodine. Pain killers.. Fire starters. Pistol/ammo. Inertia light. Phone charger. Thermal blanket. Soap. Cash and some precious metal. The usual stuff. Wouldn’t be enough for long, but hopefully to get from point A to point B.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Get back home bag is always in the truck.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If I get a piece of land, get the well and septic set up and park a 5th wheel and my truck on it, I wonder if the gubmint will say it's a "recreational" property and subject me to limitations as such. Guess I'll talk to the permit center tomorrow.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
If I get a piece of land, get the well and septic set up and park a 5th wheel and my truck on it, I wonder if the gubmint will say it's a "recreational" property and subject me to limitations as such. Guess I'll talk to the permit center tomorrow.

It ain't "bugged out" if the government knows where it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't worry about leaving, I don't worry about staying. We're good with dang near anything that could happen. Our town is less than 300 people, the Missouri River is just east of us a couple dozen miles and nothing but prairie to the west for hundreds of miles. Small tight knit community in the middle of production country with good water. Few places would be better if the scat hit the fan

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I don't worry about leaving, I don't worry about staying. We're good with dang near anything that could happen. Our town is less than 300 people, the Missouri River is just east of us a couple dozen miles and nothing but prairie to the west for hundreds of miles. Small tight knit community in the middle of production country with good water. Few places would be better if the scat hit the fan

Enviable position---provided no one in your community perceives himself as the "natural leader" or "rightful bigdog" of the community.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

_
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
_
don't put you family in stupid places.... think a little. I live in south Louisiana currently. i know the dangers and have family a good friends all over the USA. basically it boils down to knowing the risks and minimizing them. we stayed during laura 50 miles from the eye. there are no trees where i live power was on in 12 hours. my parents that lived next to the Arkansas line was without for a week. everyone was jumpin up and down crying cause we were staying put.....then they wanted to come over..... think things through and dont panic. panic kills and causes suffering, dont be a jerk and have good people in your life.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not a "Go Bag" but yes to a gone bag! I keep essentials in a bag in my car and truck. If I need to flee my house things have gone really bad fast. There probably isn't anywhere else to buyout to.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have anywhere to "bug out" to. If I did, I'd already be there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Enviable position---provided no one in your community perceives himself as the "natural leader" or "rightful bigdog" of the community.

That's always a risk I guess, where would one go to avoid that possibility?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
If some trigger happy fool popped off a tactical nuke upwind of your position,
How would you know ? How deep to dig ? Just Askin

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by 338Rules
If some trigger happy fool popped off a tactical nuke upwind of your position,
How would you know ? How deep to dig ? Just Askin

If the nukes ever start flying it's going to be a done deal. Those things that got set off in 1945 are firecrackers compared to what's around these days,..and there's thousands of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That's always a risk I guess, where would one go to avoid that possibility?

Question of the day, IMO. I think it's vitally important to know your neighborhood. I believe most folks will be happy to cooperate and see some leadership---the kind that naturally would arise.

It's the wannabe tyrant that worries me.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (2003and2013, 257 mag, 257Bob, 257_X_50, 160user, 163bc, 60 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,787
Posts18,477,248
Members73,943
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.