All sloppily mixed together.

Lots of black pepper on it.

Yum

Couple fried eggs on top. Runny.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I used to love those canned new 'taters Dutch, take them camping, slice 'em up and fry them until brown in the bacon grease, have them with my eggs and bacon.

Now that I grow my own taters, I get new 'taters right out of the ground. Not a can anymore.

Camping food gets an exemption from the food police.......

Isn't it amazing how much better real food tastes, though? Had dinner with some friends the other day, and they mentioned they stopped eating fish after I gave them some bass a couple of months ago. Turns out I turned them into fish snobs........ But that's ok, there's fresh 'maters on my counter they dropped off, and I didn't have to do any gardening! Going to see what a couple of catfish will turn into this weekend . I've heard rumors of heritage Sicilian garlic! wink

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kragman1
The old classic beef roast with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and dry Lipton onion soup in a slow cooker is #1 in my book.

Finally, a voice of reason.

Can't say I've ever had canned potatoes. WTF.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Hamburg/rice/brown gravy.

All sloppily mixed together.

Lots of black pepper on it.

Yum

Couple fried eggs on top. Runny.

runny eggs?

is there any other kind?

not for me if it can be avoided.

Unless hard boiled and pickled maybe

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Homegrown Tennessee tater suck

Never bigger than a golf ball and have worm holes bored all the way through.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dutch

I used to love those canned new 'taters Dutch, take them camping, slice 'em up and fry them until brown in the bacon grease, have them with my eggs and bacon.

Now that I grow my own taters, I get new 'taters right out of the ground. Not a can anymore.

Isn't it amazing how much better real food tastes, though? Had dinner with some friends the other day, and they mentioned they stopped eating fish after I gave them some bass a couple of months ago. Turns out I turned them into fish snobs........ But that's ok, there's fresh 'maters on my counter they dropped off, and I didn't have to do any gardening! Going to see what a couple of catfish will turn into this weekend . I've heard rumors of heritage Sicilian garlic! wink

Camping food? Get back near dark while hunting. Time for a can of Healthy Choice chicken soup and a Safeway bagel and some water. Gourmet scheidt for sure.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Marbled boneless chuck roast in the crock pot. Add can of onion soup, two cans of beef broth and a packet of ah jus mix. Slow cook for 6-8 hours, gender flaky flavorful meat. Optional, add red.potatoes and sliced carrot halves, or make red potato mashed potatoes separately. Eats like candy, have to force myself to stop! Then sandwiches the next couple of days.

Grandma would always cook a venison roast with a pork roast, and the combination was just right. Slopping gravy with her homemade bread, and rhubarb pie or sauce for dessert. Us grandkids would steal the sugar bowl, take it out to the rhubarb patch and th I the rhubarb end in the sugar bowl. I miss the farm cooking.

Old guy, old guns.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bama jam on white bread,

Peanut butter for added complicated factor....

*has to be crunchy
Creamy peanut is for queers

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Homegrown Tennessee tater suck

Never bigger than a golf ball and have worm holes bored all the way through.

Wonder why that is?

Doesn't get cold enough?

Tater harvest for me in the next few days, I almost can't wait after seeing the few I've pulled out of the straw on top.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
I'm probably not telling alot of guys on here anything they don't already know but I've been experimenting in cooking pot roast for the last 8 months or so and I think I have it dialed in now.

This is the recipe - a good marbled roast,put it in the crock pot, season it with lowrys on both sides, then add this
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

then throw in a bag of either frozen stew vegetables or italian mix vegetables, I prefer italian, and a can of small whole potatoes.

add about 2 cups of water and cook on low for about 6 hours, then turn to keep warm until you're ready to serve

damn, that makes a good pot roast, and the gravy or whatever you call it is like au jus - just dip a hard roll in it. I often just have bread and the gravy the next day for lunch.

also tonight my wife made fish tacos.We got some fresh salmon, cooked it in a mexican seasoning sauce, and she made a fish sauce out of buttermilk, ranch, jalapeno and a couple of other things, cut up cilantro, red cabbage, chives and throw in some cotija cheese

that was the best fish taco I've ever had - and I've eaten them in San Diego and Pasadena before. good stuff

Sounds great!

Uh .....hey.....Uh whats your wife look like, bro?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Bama jam on white bread,

Peanut butter for added complicated factor....

*has to be crunchy
Creamy peanut is for queers

Agree . crunchy is mo betta

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A baked sweet potato with butter is pretty darn tasty

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch

It is. Just recently while visiting adopted family in Fairbanks we harvested everything out of their garden and raised beds which included lots of carrots and about a half bucket of potatoes, both red and white. A pot roast was tossed into a pressure cooker along with potatos and carrots less than 2 hours out of the ground. It was the best meal I've had in quite a while.

After catching and processing my own halibut and salmon, I will not ever buy it again. My halibut goes from ocean to vacuum bags to freezer within just a few hours at the most, skinless and with all the dark meat trimmed off and candled for parasites. There's no comparison to the garbage from the store. Salmon are either skinless, boneless and in jars within 24 hours or hanging in the smokehouse.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
never knew I'd strike a nerve with canned potatoes

yea, I know - fresh are better but these are just the right size for crock pot and I don't eat fresh ones enough to keep them fresh. Whenever I want fresh potatoes, I go out to the bin and they either have eyes growing out of them 7 inches long or they are a black mush

if you Gordon Ramsay's want fresh potatoes in your crock pot, I ain't gonna stand in your way.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The old classic beef roast with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup and dry Lipton onion soup in a slow cooker

Ruined more meals than anything else that I know of. Used universally in Arkansas Restaurants, I think. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
we do all kinds of fast meals.

a beef ,deer,bear roast with nothing steak seasoning and french onion soup cooked all day in the crockpot is hard to beat. sometimes we add carrots and taters(mostly canned)sometimes we chop it up and eat it over toast.

we cook chicken in the crockpot,parts or whole bird,yesterday i fixed whole bird and redskin instant mashed taters and bag white gravy.

we eat those pre- marinated small pork loins fixed in the crockpot .

quick meals are my thing

wife likes chip beef gravy over toast and hash brown potatoes

we also eat all kind of sandwiches. in like pimento cheese,bacon and a good garden tomato on toast

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
been doing some chicken n dumplins lately, family scarfs it up

bring two boxes of chicken stock to a soft boil, add a little salt/pepper. Break the premade frozen dumplin in half and put in one at a time, let soft boil for about 30min

when they are about ready, add a little cornstarch and water mix and break down a grocery store rotisserie chicken and put it in for about 15min, done.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Salmon in tacos..? Whisky Tango Foxtrot! I enjoy salmon, but it'd never be in a taco.

As far as simple/good eatin': Rykrisp, good cheese, sardine, sriracha. One can swap a good salami or other deli meat if you don't like the little fish.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by EdM
For my wife and I it is just a well made quality meat beef burger, grilled with our choice of cheese and seasoning. We really can't eat steak anymore.

my fav is making smash burgers

the bun is important though

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Salmon in tacos..? Whisky Tango Foxtrot! I enjoy salmon, but it'd never be in a taco.

As far as simple/good eatin': Rykrisp, good cheese, sardine, sriracha. One can swap a good salami or other deli meat if you don't like the little fish.

we eat alot of Salmon, mostly grilled or broiled in lemon, but this was very good

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 270cowboy, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,087
Posts18,482,855
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.