I'm probably not telling alot of guys on here anything they don't already know but I've been experimenting in cooking pot roast for the last 8 months or so and I think I have it dialed in now.

This is the recipe - a good marbled roast,put it in the crock pot, season it with lowrys on both sides, then add this
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

then throw in a bag of either frozen stew vegetables or italian mix vegetables, I prefer italian, and a can of small whole potatoes.

add about 2 cups of water and cook on low for about 6 hours, then turn to keep warm until you're ready to serve

damn, that makes a good pot roast, and the gravy or whatever you call it is like au jus - just dip a hard roll in it. I often just have bread and the gravy the next day for lunch.

also tonight my wife made fish tacos.We got some fresh salmon, cooked it in a mexican seasoning sauce, and she made a fish sauce out of buttermilk, ranch, jalapeno and a couple of other things, cut up cilantro, red cabbage, chives and throw in some cotija cheese

that was the best fish taco I've ever had - and I've eaten them in San Diego and Pasadena before. good stuff

Last edited by KFWA; 09/23/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings