Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
5sdad Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"These Masai native villages are by far the stinkiest, filthiest places that I have ever seen. One has to have a good constitution, and a lot of determination to enter one of these villages. The flies are so thick, especially during the warmer season, that the natives' faces are practically covered, especially the faces of the children. Many times I have seen babies and young children with so many flies on their faces that one couldn't recognize them; in fact, the flies were piled on several layers thick.

The cattle are sacred to the Masai natives, therefore they never butcher them. The cattle live until they die of some disease or of old age....

These natives are superstitious about tilling the soil, therefore, they never plant anything or grow anything from the soil. Now that we had learned that they do not butcher their cattle or grown anything from the soil we wondered what they use for food, so, after a little inquiring, we learned that their food problem is solved in a simple manner. They cut a blood vessel in the cow's neck and draw of a quart or two of blood, and then close up the wound. Then they take this blood, while it is warm, and mix it with warm milk, stirring it together vigorously in a hand-made wooden bowl or a large gourd. When this mixture cools, it curdles and thickens, and within a shot time it will be like paste. We understood that this was the main or major part of their diet. Whenever one batch was consumed, they would simply mix up another batch...

While among the Masai we became curious as to just what they did when somebody died. After a little inquiring, we found that this was taken care of in a simple manner. When someone in the village dies, the corpse is placed on the ground outside of the thorn bush barricade surrounding the village. Then, all of the natives in the village hold a beast around the corpse for two days and two nights. Then, they pick up the belongings and move away, abandoning the village, never to return, leaving the corpse behind for the vultures and hyenas to dispose of."

Last edited by 5sdad; 09/25/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who is Ed?

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reminds me of what Jack Crabb said of a Cheyenne village....

“I see the dump, where’s the camp?”

I will say I cannot fault the Masai burial practices, sure beats the crap out of being pumped full of formaldehyde and becoming toxic waste inside a coffin that must therefore be sealed, all inside a concrete vault so the soil above doesn’t subside and upset people.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BFaucett
Who is Ed?

Ed's Safari background

Last edited by Pugs; 09/25/20. Reason: fix link

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This is great stuff! Please keep it coming.

Thanks, RS

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.