Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
if'n one wants to find out how many cousins, etc one has all that has to be done is sign up for 23&me, ancestry or some of the other dna clubs.

lot's of cousins will be identified is my guess, and ya won't hardly know of any of them whatsoever.

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Not me but my BIL who's 75 now. His father divorced and remarried many years ago. He and his his sister came from the 2d marriage. Their mother wouldn't let their father tell them that he'd had a son from his 1st marriage so my they didn't know they had a brother until Mom died about 15 years ago. My BIL was very nervous about meeting him but he sucked it up and went to visit. They really hit it off. They look a lot alike and have some common interests. They've become best friends and do things together. Dad was forced by Mom to leave the 1st son out of his will. After she died, and my BIL and his sister got to know the 1st son, they insisted that Dad include him in the will. Dad died this summer and they had a 3 way split of the estate. That was very generous of them as it was a lot of money but they figured that fair's fair. They weren't about to screw up relations with their new found brother over money.

I've got two cousins in their mid to late 60s who are half siblings but didn't meet until about 5 years ago despite living within 10 miles of each other for the majority of their lives. Dad had a son with first wife who died young, son went to live with her sister/Aunt. He remarried a few years later and had daughter. Apparently all those years the Aunt had told the kid not to speak to Dad or step-mom because they would send him to an orphanage and told Dad that son hated him and didn't want to see him. Years later after Aunt died her other sister finally confessed what had happened.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Am close to my step family, nice people.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Get on Ancestry do a DNA test. There are forums that may help you work thru the possibilities that Ancestry discovers.

With Ancestry you can also transfer the DNA to 2 other DNA sites for free. Family Search from the Mormon church may

help also, they are also free.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Gawd I hope Im not on any mormon family tree dna. I’d rather have a negro cousin.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

It can happen.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Gawd I hope Im not on any mormon family tree dna. I’d rather have a negro cousin.

Funny thing is GT ain't been able to find any family..........No one will step forward and claim him........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
One time I found out I have a HUGE number of previously unknown relatives. They just all called me about the same time. I have no idea how they all found me at once. It was right after I won the lottery. laugh

j/k

Politics is War by Other Means
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hey, cousin. No one told me you had won the lottery. How much? When we getting together?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Four half sisters and a half brother. Both parents were married before. Haven't seen the half brother and sister on my dad's side in over 30 years. Used to see the three half sisters from my mom's side once a year at Christmas. Haven't seen them since 2014. Only one of them I even care to see ever again. The other two are miserable bitches.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That old saw about blood being thicker than water is crap.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
My dad just turned 80 and hadn't seen or heard from his other son in over 30 years and he just turned up this summer. Pisses me off, but dad is glad to see him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
I have 2 half Brothers and 1 half Sister.My one Half Brother passed back in 2000. We were/are extremely close. Usually the only time I bring up that they are half B&S is if I get asked a medical question in the Drs office. My Mom raised 6 kids on her own and my older half Brothers and Sister helped raise us while my Mom worked 2 jobs.
I would do anything for my family half sibling or not. They would do the same. I am extremely lucky to have the family I have.
That being said Mom did not choose wisely when it came to husbands.

I been told that being "family" is earned not a birth right.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got a half brother and half sister I never met. Dad looked for them back in the day, but could not find them. Bitter divorce and custody battle at a time when fathers were truly considered nothing more than a paycheck. Multiple, multiple court order violations by her, violating visitation orders. Nothing ever happened. Then one day they were gone.

Their mother had changed their names, making attempts to locate after things "settled down" even tougher. He mostly gave up looking back in the 70's. Basically gone without a trace. And in the days of snail mail, and trying to locate someone across the country, it just didn't happen.

The half sister found us about a month after dad passed. Letter in the mail addressed to the old man from a return address with no name from Northern Illinois area. Could tell by the handwriting it was a female of my generation. Mom and I knew who it was before we opened it. Mom sat down, crying, saying "why now? Why not a year ago!".

Dad struggled with it his whole life. He always turned somber around the kids birthdays.

Tough story.

I had intended for some time to go out and meet her...but I guess planes do fly both ways as well. Came close once when we went back to Illinois to visit the W's family, only to find the half sister was going to be out of town and traveling during that time. So we didn't meet up.

We still write from time to time, but the desire to meet her has diminished a great deal. We still follow each other on FB, and she is a died in the wool, flaming, bought the dem BS hook, line and sinker libtard. Extreme liberal. I mean bad. I had to stop her posts from popping up on my "news feed" I think it is, because it was a constant source of aggravation and making me hate her. Daily posts and rants about everything moderate or conservative.

Older brother met her, and thinks I should still do so, despite her politics. But I'm so sick - and have been for years - of the extreme liberal BS, I've cut anyone out of my life who engages in it. Just don't feel like associating with anyone who is assisting with or supporting the politicians and people who are bringing about the downfall of this country. Really don't give a chit who they are.

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I have a half brother. Had a half sister until cancer took her away a few years ago.

We never called it half. This is my brother or sister.

My stepdad came into my life at 7 years old. They came after that. He was and is more of a dad to me than my real dad.
94 years old now and one of the greatest people I have ever known. Treats us all the same, whether he was the sperm donor or not.

I guess we had the advantage of all growing up in a loving household! Meeting each other as stranger's at 30 years old like some of you, may have been more of a challenge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wife has a half brother and sister. Dad got around. Both contacted her, but she has only seen the brother.

1Minute
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

519 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,800 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.