Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Pretending he used an iron sighted lever gun is pretty lame.

No, badmouthing a guy who didn't post the photo in the first place and isn't here is lame.

He shot a nice moose, are you gonna be the one to say how he takes photos with it?

He was in all the pictures so yeah I guess I'm gonna be that guy.

Pretending he did it with a iron sight lever gun is lame when he used a scoped bolt gun with a bipod.

Still a great bull but why lie?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This bear was shot with a scoped .284, but that's a iron sighted 38-55 in the photo.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The reason is I shot the bear from the top of the canyon and watched him die (also heard his death moan which sucked btw). I went back to the truck for a packframe and the 38-55 is easier to carry down the canyon than the scoped 284, and I weren't going down there with no rifle.

LOL
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by BobBrown
You use Bergers? MIKE don't like 'em. I bet you never even killed nothing with 'em.

I hear good things but I have only had good luck with LWNs I cast myself when talking moose.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I suspect there are not other pictures showing me with that bull and a scoped bolt gun.

A “10” on your forehead . Nice

That's a solid 5 head and now a 6 1/2.

Just Sayin.

Cheers, lame loser

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobBrown

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]Cheers, lame loser

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Pretending he used an iron sighted lever gun is pretty lame.

No, badmouthing a guy who didn't post the photo in the first place and isn't here is lame.

He shot a nice moose, are you gonna be the one to say how he takes photos with it?

He was in all the pictures so yeah I guess I'm gonna be that guy.

Pretending he did it with a iron sight lever gun is lame when he used a scoped bolt gun with a bipod.

Still a great bull but why lie?

This could be a concern for Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, one tag, two bulls. One shot with a bolt action rifle and one shot with a lever action.
laugh

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by roundoak

This could be a concern for Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks, one tag, two bulls. One shot with a bolt action rifle and one shot with a lever action.
laugh

LOL.

It's the same very nice bull.

It's also lame.

Just Sayin.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 09/25/20.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Can anybody guess how many times shrap has worried about the shoes of a LOSER????

LOL

You two snuggling for the win?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by callnum
Originally Posted by deflave
Can anybody guess how many times shrap has worried about the shoes of a LOSER????

LOL

You two snuggling for the win?

Cum dumpster joins the convo...

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Salty303
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Yeah Salty,

was 36-38F on the thermometer the other morning , about 5' height where I have it now. Hoses had slush in them, water frozen from the little drip on the faucet too. But, the 'maters did fine under their plastic. I'm going to harvest some again today. Making kraut right now, I managed to get some good cabbage this year. Pepper harvest is going to/has sucked though.

I still do not know what this "rain" crap you guys are talking about. The only water around here that falls out of the air is that which comes from the well by way of the lawn sprinkler.

10 points for your mooses up there, or 3 brow tines? Do they issue any cow tags in your neck of the woods? If so, that's what I'd put in for so I could see a bull. It works for me for elk, why not moose.

Shrap did OK I think. Some of these fellas are just jealous. And as Travis says..............losers.

Well hang in there pal and maybe the rain crap will make a showing and thaw out your hose. OK that doesn't sound right..

Moose regs here... yeah. OK short of hiring a lawyer it goes something like this. It varies a lot by area but it goes from zero moose hunting opportunity to many areas that have an open season for immature bulls. Basically a calf from the previous year so they're 1.5 years old and have no more than 3 points on any antler, often a 2x3 as it turns out. Then it moves to an open season for mature bulls in some areas up north. This is where the at least either three brow tines, or at least one side with more than 10 points total comes into play. Very good binocs and the time to have a good gander is needed here! Then you get in to draws or limited entry where you can apply for any bull, mature bull or even cows in some areas although that one is dwindling. Clear as mud?

Some of that would be incorrect. Moose here, in the North, are open in some regions for any bull from August 23-August 31. Then it switches to 2 point/tripalm/10 point. A 2 point used to be called an "immature bull" but that changed years ago to "two point bull". A two point bull has to have one antler with 2 tines or less on it. Seems pretty straight forward, no? As long as the tines are at least an inch long, and longer than they are wide. A two point bull could be comprised of a bull that has 9 tines with 2 brow tines or less on one side and 2 tines or less on the other. Or a big bull that broke his main beam off before it split, and that main beam is only a beam that is longer than it is wide and doesn't have more than 2 tines. Or a young bull that is just in his first rack, as long as one side only has 2 tines or less. That was the reason that the name changed from "immature bull" to "two point bull". The age of the bull is immaterial and all that counts is that he has one side with 2 tines or less. The BC regs spell out what makes up a tine pretty clearly, and a big bull that has fought hard can lose most of a side and technically meet the definition of a two point bull. Tripalm/10 point are what they sound like, either a minimum of three brow tines below the narrowest point of the antler, or more than 10 total tines on one antler. As long as they are at least an inch long, and longer than they are wide.(Same tine definition for all ungulates province wide.)

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Former 24 HR poster drew trophy moose tag in Montana.

Killed very nice bull 15 yds from road using a bolt action sporting a high powered variable optic and a bipod.

It all seem like a winner doing winning things.

Then he claims he did the deed with an iron sighted Winchester lever gun?

WTF?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from media1.popsugar-assets.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

That is better...I cannot believe I didn't have that burns prick on ignore.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That is better...I cannot believe I didn't have that burns prick on ignore.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Killed very nice bull 15 yds from road using a bolt action sporting a high powered variable optic and a bipod.

WTF?

Junior detective with marvelous tan makes a fuss because guy with big moose took photos with different rifles.

WTF, over?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

WTF?

Junior detective with marvelous tan makes a fuss because guy with big moose took photos with different rifles.

WTF, over?

Don't waste your time on the prick...just relegate him to ignore and have a better day.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

WTF?

WTF, over?

I am not surprised some one with your limited skill set sees nothing wrong with maximizing a photo op by switching rifles and pretending one used a less capable rifle.

Possibly others view this as dishonest because bolt actions with high power variables and bipods are a bit of an advantage compared to iron sighted lever guns.

It's a great bull, why lie?

It's still creepy you think my tan is "marvelous".

Slow your roll but:

John Burns

I have all the sources.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

I am not surprised some one with your limited skill set sees nothing wrong with maximizing a photo op by switching rifles and pretending one used a less capable rifle.

Possibly others view this as dishonest because bolt actions with high power variables and bipods are a bit of an advantage compared to iron sighted lever guns.

It's a great bull, why lie?

It's not your bull, why do you care so deeply?

Earlier you criticized him for shooting a bull 15 yards from the road, do you really think he'd need a scoped rifle on a bipod to do that?

Or a better question, do you really think it's any of your business what he shot it with? Ask yourself why you're so concerned with other people's business.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe he shot it with both rifles?

Or a Buzz Lightyear Ray Gun?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 28 of 32 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,096 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,762
Posts18,476,571
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.