Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 32 of 42 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 41 42
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I think it’s funny that people are saying “Trump should have acted more Presidential.”

The other guys are trying to steal the election and overthrow the Republic.

The last thing I want to see in Trump is restraint.

Amen!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Ginther
Donald Trump bounced around issues like a pinball machine, insulted, interrupted, was aggressive and unfocused. It was a snapshot of his presidency.

A very POOR Performance for Trump, he is done !

Read much? Ha. Another time your biotch aint gonna be the president. ."...FORMER Democrat nominee."

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/29/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
TRUMP won the debate by eliminating Bernie's supporters voting for BIDEN.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Yep

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did anyone expect it to be other than what it was? All political debates I've ever seen have been the same. All meaningless anway, the important thing is gun control gun control gun control. That's THE defining issue in this election. Tonight's show was entertaining, but little more than Stalin's "bread and circuses" bit.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Yep

Yep

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was waiting for Trump to say, “Joe, be careful! With that much adderall in your system you could stroke out.”

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Might not bring out trolls on here but definitely ummasked a few RINOs and never trumpers on here to show their azzes with all their whining and hand wringing!!

So if we deny reality, we're Rino's? I now some long-standing, die hard Trump supporters who thought Trump did poorly tonight.

Well i didnt mention names...but if u think the shoe fits! Anyone who understands Trump knows that this performance was Trump being Trump, and that hostile, controlled debates are not a strong suit of his style. When he was allowed to make a point it was a valid one, while Biden basically just continued the orange man bad thoughts with little substance of how he would do it different.

False. He has excelled at debates. That's how he got elected. He kicked Hillary's and every Republican's ass and tonight he didn't live up to expectations. I just hope there is two more debates---and he kicks Giuliani and Fat Christy off his debate prep team.

I didn’t think that Trump did that great in his first debate with Hillary. He kicked her azz in the next two though.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/29/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Phillip_Nesmith
Did anyone expect it to be other than what it was? All political debates I've ever seen have been the same. All meaningless anway, the important thing is gun control gun control gun control. That's THE defining issue in this election. Tonight's show was entertaining, but little more than Stalin's "bread and circuses" bit.

I mostly agree. Each side will see what they want to see the debate is for the few people that can’t think for themselves and are somehow still undecided. In that sense it’s rigged for the left because all Biden or any democrat has to do is not meltdown and the media will go to bat telling those sheeple what to think.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 09/29/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Bottom line is this. Despite Trump not doing as well as I think he could have. Despite Joe being a liar. Despite Chris being biased for Joe. No Trump voter is going to change their vote to Biden after tonight. No Biden voter is switching to Trump after tonight. BUT I think Biden was forced to irritate his far left voters. The Bernie cult, the AOC morons etc are not happy with his not committing to "defund police" or the "green New deal".

This is my.exact takeaway as well.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H

Do you honestly believe Biden was being honest or more importantly, do Bernie supporters believe him?

No and no.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

That is not what the Dem's internal polling shows. Just the opposite, which is why they took that approach. They're trying to appeal to the moderate middle. Joe's Leftist support is not going anywhere. They're certainly not staying home when they've been motivated enough to burn down half the country and they know damn good and well that if they get Biden in the WH, they will own his ass. We all know that. Biden lost no Leftist support tonight. They're not going anywhere and they are going to own Biden's ass if he wins. Stupid for Trump to say otherwise. He needed to take the opposite tack: by tacking Left Biden is pandering to moderates when he knows full well the Left owns his soul.

Last edited by Tarquin; 09/29/20.

Tarquin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump was calm. Sleepy Joe was the one with popping veins and bulging eyes. Also, was Joe drifting off to sleep, or did he have crib notes in his hand. I saw times when I couldn't see his eyes, just upper lid.

Biden sure comes up with some weird alternative stats. He needs to be challenged. He also fervently lied about Trump and and about his own actions/inactions.

Trump shouldn't have interrupted so much, but Biden did too.

Biden did his Uncle Sam pose a number of times.

Biden seemed to have rehearsed answers.

Judging by the bulging angry eyes, I would suspect Biden was on some drug or other. He seemed to be confused but quickly caught himself before mis-speaking (too much).

If Wallace couldn't ride herd on these two, I don't hold out much hope for the other debates.

Biden looks just plain old.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The other loss for Biden was when he said no more coal fired plants or gas fired plants will ever be built and would be replaced by renewable energy. And this was one of the very rare moments when Wallace basically said something decent about Trump, saying that the "President is trying to achieve a balance between the environment and the economy." That segment probably won't be good for Biden in the oil and coal states.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

They're trying to appeal to the moderate middle. Joe's Leftist support is not going anywhere. Tjhey're certainly not staying home when they've been motivated enough to burn down half the country.

Exactly. The votes of the hardcore left are cemented. The votes of the hardcore Trump supporters are cemented too. Obviously. The debates mean nothing to either of them other than to give them an opportunity to say "My guy beat the pants off your guy!". But none of that matters. The debates, and the advertising that will fill the airwaves through to election day are... or should be.. all about coaxing those middle-of-the-roaders to vote for candidate A or candidate B. The Caspar Milquetoasts. The "I don't pay too much attention to politics" people. The undecideds. And yes, there are still some of those out there, and yes, the candidates NEED those votes. And while Biden certainly did not present himself as much of a candidate, Trump showed himself as a type of candidate that probably just turns off these undecided voters.

What the candidates say is not nearly as important as HOW they say it. In fact, what they say (or do) is not really important at all to a great many people. It's all about looks. Perception. Feelings. Sad, but true.

Last edited by Stophel; 09/29/20.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stophel

They're trying to appeal to the moderate middle. Joe's Leftist support is not going anywhere. Tjhey're certainly not staying home when they've been motivated enough to burn down half the country.

Exactly. The votes of the hardcore left are cemented. The votes of the hardcore Trump supporters are cemented too. Obviously. The debates mean nothing to either of them other than to give them an opportunity to say "My guy beat the pants off your guy!". But none of that matters. The debates, and the advertising that will fill the airwaves through to election day are... or should be.. all about coaxing those middle-of-the-roaders to vote for candidate A or candidate B. The Caspar Milquetoasts. The "I don't pay too much attention to politics" people. The undecideds. And yes, there are still some of those out there, and yes, the candidates NEED those votes. And while Biden certainly did not present himself as much of a candidate for these folks, Trump showed himself as a type of candidate that probably just turns off these undecided voters.

What the candidates say is not nearly as important as HOW they say it. In fact, what they say (or do) is not really important at all to a great many people. It's all about looks. Perception. Feelings. Sad, but true.

Well said.

Tarquin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
47 years and you’ve done nothing!

Yeah, and he has $9,000,000 net worth doing nothing ....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
BUT I think Biden was forced to irritate his far left voters. The Bernie cult, the AOC morons etc are not happy with his not committing to "defund police" or the "green New deal".

That may very well be, but I seriously doubt any Bernie or AOC supporters will vote for Trump, regardless of how tonight's debate is interpreted.
They're committed to voting D, or more should I say voting against Trump at any cost if they vote at all....just as much as a hard core conservative is in not supporting Biden, whether they vote for Trump or not.

Last edited by T_Inman; 09/29/20. Reason: Clarity

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Shut up, man!

What's up with Biden saying "Insh’Allah?”

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel

Exactly. The votes of the hardcore left are cemented. The votes of the hardcore Trump supporters are cemented too. Obviously. The debates mean nothing to either of them other than to give them an opportunity to say "My guy beat the pants off your guy!". But none of that matters. The debates, and the advertising that will fill the airwaves through to election day are... or should be.. all about coaxing those middle-of-the-roaders to vote for candidate A or candidate B. The Caspar Milquetoasts. The "I don't pay too much attention to politics" people. The undecideds. And yes, there are still some of those out there, and yes, the candidates NEED those votes. And while Biden certainly did not present himself as much of a candidate, Trump showed himself as a type of candidate that probably just turns off these undecided voters.

It's not that simple. Yes, those middle voters are up for grabs and matter. But voter turnout matters also. And base motivation impacts turnout. This is exactly why all the polls were wrong picking the 2016 winner. If 55% of the people SAY they're voting for someone, but those people are less motivated than the 45% of the people who say they're voting for the other guy, they can still lose. Biden sapped energy out of the far left motivation levels. How that all plays out at the sausage factory who knows. But the fact remains that there are two factors here at play- how the undecided swing AND the base motivation levels. And another important thing, most of the country is not riots in the streets. When you refer to people burning down cities, those are all places we're not winning anyway.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 32 of 42 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 41 42

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,444 guests, and 725 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.