Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
. To quote The Federalist again must mean you are drinking again.

They are far from a legit source. Closer to The Onion

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by callnum

Take that Jon Tester doll out of your pussy.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Meanwhile the normal gut level human reaction to getting a deer (or whatever) by someone yet unencumbered by public school educations and political correctness.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by callnum

Take that Jon Tester doll out of your pussy.

LOL
. Drunk again I see, any more domestic changes?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Your mom won’t leave.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
Meanwhile the normal gut level human reaction to getting a deer (or whatever) by someone yet unencumbered by public school educations and political correctness.

That's great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That’s a kid that watches way too many schitty hunting shows.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
That’s a kid that watches way too many schitty hunting shows.

lol.. true.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No worse, no better than most of the crap on TV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Rinella I can tolerate ok.
That guy in "Into High Country", Matzinger, makes me want to hurl.

Amen. Matzinger is without peer in the douche bag category.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B3

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like watching him although like stated above, his style has changed more towards the spiritual side.

I originally liked his show for the new ideas on cooking wild game he shared. Have added some recipes to our kitchen, and some I would not touch!

As far as my hunting mindset, I am somewhere in between, uncouth rednecks to the hippie side. I love to hunt, it is who I am and enjoy the whole process, but am pragmatic in the fact, that in the end it is just meat and bone.

I get great satisfaction out of doing it right from field to table.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s hunting for a TV, hunting for yourself, and hunting for Instagram pics.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I personally hold all of God's creation in reverence. I feel a bit of remorse every time I take an animals life, but I do enjoy the participation of the natural world and the table fare.
I respect the animals and although I have taken hundreds, possibly thousands, I don't feel their existence or lives are meaningless.
It is a serious matter ending their life. They don't want to die any more than you do. It is all part of the predator/prey relationship in the natural world IMO... and hunting is as much a natural part of me as eating and drinking.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I have zero problems with the spiritual stuff. Who am I to judge what they believe in spiritually? I don't care for the show that much. I've tried to like it. I think it's the formatting and the production more than the content. The 4-5 shows I've seen seemed like they were all over the place as far as staying on track of the hunt.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't agree with everything that Rinella does or believes in but I do think that he is a great ambassador for hunters. His book American Buffalo is damn good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
. I feel a bit of remorse every time I take an animals life

I have said many times that I'd love to be able to shoot a deer, bobcat, or a turkey with a tranquilizer gun, take a picture, then watch them wake up and run off. I often have a little feeling of remorse after shooting one. However, I have no remorse whatsoever about killing a coyote, coon, squirrel, possum, English Sparrow, and a few other ones that I had better not mention.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I have never even heard of this guy. That said, I have no issue with anyone giving thanks. I do so on a daily basis. I also do so after a hunt, succeful or not.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Meateater is one of the few hunting shows I actually like. You generally get a no-nonsense view of his hunts, and I like the cooking part as well. The "spiritually honoring" part I can do without but whatever. I know when I go into the field hunting I fully intend to unapologetically kill something.

Most hunting shows are a disaster.......Pigman, Wadell and Co, mosts of the "good ol' Southern boys", Buck Commander, and the Midwesterner's who sit in tree stands over green fields telling us how hard they've been hunting are mostly unwatchable. Like Shockey or not, his shows are amazing. I would bet most of the TV hunter personalities would starve to death if put in an unfamiliar environment and told to have at it. They'd be clueless as to where to start.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I enjoy watching Meateater. It focuses on the entire outdoor experience of hunting and puts more emphasis on the food that animals provide rather than the trophy aspect of it all. It's been a welcome change compared to what most if not all of the other hunting shows have turned in to. I commend Steve for being successful at it in that way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm somewhere in between as I don't have to get spiritual over a kill but I can't stand the goal post type display of many shows.

I seldom kill a large animal any more as I don't need much meat but when i do take one, reality tells me that everyone can't do this
as Mother Nature has limitations.

I've hunted with tv personalities and they are changing as they realize their newer viewers want assurance that those animals are
being utilized.

Rinella's show is a fair attempt at realistic hunt. As far as his bison book goes,,,,,,,it sucks.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,470
Posts18,471,431
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.