Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by K1500
You clearly don’t need me as a foil to continue your show. I will respectfully bow to your superior position that you so eloquently backed with sound and proper reasoning. I wish you the best. Keep breaking their beaks with the back half.

Oh, damn I missed this little bit of gratuitous condescending irrelevant horseshiit.... Obviously there is a least something you are have the potential for excellence....

laissez les bons temps rouler
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by saskfox
Originally Posted by battue
Yes, keep making it better...obviously for you a foreign concept...

In your case perhaps you should look for a logarithm for mediocrity...Hey, it doesn't have to be terminal...Then again, maybe not....

Keep in mind this advice is from someone who told me it wasn't necessary to pattern a shotgun based on a video he had seen.

Yea the essence of the video and advice came from a multiple World Champion shotgun shooter...Like Brister he probably lacks any real world knowledge....But if counting those little holes makes you a better shotgunner keep at it...He gained his rep on breaking things. Do they have a World Champion pattern test event?

Different World Champion, different video...Bear with it till the end and he has a couple quick comments on patterning....He probably doesn't know anything either....

EDit, Edit, Edit!!!!...Don't know why I spend so much time picking their brains and paying to do so, when there is so much expert shotgun advice right here for free.....

Last edited by battue; 09/30/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If all you do is shoot live birds you will never understand the effect wind has on shot.

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by battue

Yeah what does Big Ben know? smile smile smile

Funny how some think a 1 dimensional pattern tells them all they need to know about a 4 dimensional shot string. A pattern board tells you where the gun is shooting in relation to where your point of aims was. That's about it!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Point of aim and point of impact, density of the pattern... those aren't important to you?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The rest of the story. Now the other video, as of now you have to pay for, but some are bootlegging it on you tube. Makes little difference he says the same

Ben already told how to determine POI and POA In the first and the reason to do so on a moving target. Density is so variable based on distance and the 4 dimensions you mentioned, but old habits die a slow death. And I know of none who pattern who even consider penetration. But sometimes they get a beautiful pattern.

Anyway....again what do people who make a living shooting and winning World Championships know.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
And in respect to this thread, what happens to your printed pattern in a cross or headwind?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/ammunition_st_silly_122008wo/100155

Probably covers it pretty good.

While shot string is a thing, it varies from load to load, across gages, and distances. No matter what it might be, I’ve never factored it in, or noticed any need to adjust for any effect....wind always seems to blow the same on the front as it does the back. wink

High wind? There’s gonna be an effect that you’ll have to adjust for, at least past 20 yards on fast stuff. Ducks and geese in 20+, pass shooting, can be a goofy golf experience.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 10/03/20.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1234, 16gage, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 49 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,399
Posts18,470,113
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.