Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Can someone explain to me how they are of no help at all!

I thought their purpose was to limit the distance a infected person could potentially cough or sneeze the viral load from their own person, thus thus slowing transmission by limiting exposure just as in social distancing?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

People get sick. That's the way of the world.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have no idea of the medical explanation for masks (pro or con), but have been traveling a lot since the virus hit and have a few observations. First, a lot of people aren't wearing masks in a way that will stop the aerosol effect of sneezing, etc. Whether it's a guy (or chick, in CA) with a beard or the mask not fitting right or even just the little gaps around the nose and mouth when you wear one, things are going to sneak out. Second, things like having to wear a mask when you walk into a restaurant but not when you're eating pretty much obviates any benefit masks may have. Third, just as a matter of common sense, viruses are very small and the weave of a typical mask people wear just can't really stop the viruses from getting through.

I wear a mask when I have to, particularly when I fly, and I've seen people do all of the above in one of the worst environments possible for a virus spread (an aircraft). If I've had the virus, it wasn't a big deal. I've had a few colds since about January 2020 and for all I know, it was the virus. There are things I'm much more concerned about, like BLM riots.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lick all the doorknobs you want, people are [bleep] filthy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

IC B2

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Stophel
Frankly, whether they "work" or not, forcing someone to wear one (especially when they're NOT sick) is tyranny. Period.

If masks "work", then shouldn't we be forced to wear them all the time.. for everything? The flu. The cold. Everything else. Think of the lives that would be saved! And remember, if it saves just ONE life, it's all worth it!

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

You never did explain that they do not work at all, your thoughts?

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 700LH

Rest of the story, and good ol sheriff has his mask on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e127t6Ry-oE

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ISRO

So people should be allowed to effect other peoples health? What about the personal responsibility?

If you’re not sick/tested positive how are you effecting someone else’s health? Where do you draw the line?
Is BLM/Antifa rioters burning and destroying folks private property and endangering people’s lives a concern to you? Do you advocate violence as we’re seeing in major cities around the us?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So put a mask on protect yourself or stay home, don't force it upon others

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Prove that most masks and the manner they’re worn do absolutely anything to stop the spread.
Masks are a symbol of leftist compliance and their never ending desire to be part of a “community”. Liberals are sheep that demand they be cared for. Culls that should be allowed to die off. The weak, sick.... the beta’s.

IC B3

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain

If you’re not sick/tested positive how are you effecting someone else’s health? Where do you draw the line?
Is BLM/Antifa rioters burning and destroying folks private property and endangering people’s lives a concern to you? Do you advocate violence as we’re seeing in major cities around the us?

Are you familiar with the term asymptomatic? CDC estimates 45% of all virus carriers have no symptoms, think about that for a minute. You could be one of those people yourself, why would you want to unknowingly infect someone else?

Seems like the descent thing to do to protect others, kind of simple if you ask me.

What is the correlation between protecting someone else's health with some mask wearing/social distancing and the rioting for you, as I have a hard time following that connection?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Prove that most masks and the manner they’re worn do absolutely anything to stop the spread.
Masks are a symbol of leftist compliance and their never ending desire to be part of a “community”. Liberals are sheep that demand they be cared for. Culls that should be allowed to die off. The weak, sick.... the beta’s.

So your suggesting that having a cloth mask does nothing to limit the distance a viral load could be discharged from your face?

Like a handkerchief does nothing as well when you blow your nose, it catches nothing or does not limit the distance the crud can travel, it all completely escapes the handkerchief?

Have the laws of physics ceased to exist in your world?

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
We should outlaw vehicles because people may get in an accident and hurt or kill someone.

Do we not have laws governing their use to protect people?

Nice try!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
why face masks don't work

masks don't work

CDC guidelines

Why don't they work?

They ain't worth squat

randomized test show that wearing masks don't help

It's funny how the "authority figures" say masks don't work... until it becomes politically expedient for them to change their minds..... "masks work! and they should be mandatory!"

Of course, you may choose to believe or disbelieve any of the information provided in the above links.

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
The level of filtration required to filter out something as small as a virus particle is not going to be achieved with masks not intended or appropriate for that purpose. Combine that with the fact that even if the masks do have some benefit, a strict protocol combined with other protective equipment measures would have to be followed in hope of getting any benefit. It's an all or nothing scenario ........... either you always follow a very strict protocol without deviation or it essentially becomes useless. So you combine these cloth or procedure masks with non-medically trained people and there is nothing there other than a ridiculous mandate. The vast majority of people cannot comprehend the micron particle sized, airborne transmission, and how highly contagious these respiratory viruses are. Even medically trained professionals that are caring for COVID patients and use multiple levels of PPE (N95 masks, gowns, gloves, hand hygiene, contact precations, etc) are contracting the virus. Both them and the patients are wearing masks, how did they get it if masks prevent the spread??

It's a real disservice to the public that some medical "experts" are leading people to believe that if you follow their recommendations you can prevent the spread of this virus. Not all medical experts feel that way. There are plenty of highly trained people that do not agree with these unjustified mandates. About the only thing being filtered out these days is the various media sources filtering out opinion of these experts.

Last edited by wvshooter; 10/03/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nice try!

Like seat belts, another gooberment overreach..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nice try!

You truly are an idiot. Traffic laws don't prevent accidents, just like wearing a mask doesn't prevent spreading microbes.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Little lefty pussies that want to wear a mask should do so.

Sam......

I
ISRO Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html
why face masks don't work

masks don't work

CDC guidelines

Why don't they work?

They ain't worth squat

randomized test show that wearing masks don't help

It's funny how the "authority figures" say masks don't work... until it becomes politically expedient for them to change their minds..... "masks work! and they should be mandatory!"

Of course, you may choose to believe or disbelieve any of the information provided in the above links.

Did you actually read those links?

Read them and get back to me.

One was talking about stopping the virus itself and we all know that is not possible but the distance those water droplets which are infected can be spread can surely be limited by something blocking your cough or sneeze, there by limiting the distance it can be directed.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/diy-cloth-face-coverings.html

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,386
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.