Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You drought stricken folks can have my serving of this hurricane shit. That forecast path has me zeroed pretty well right now.

GB1

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
What’s going to be interesting is all the debris piles at the road becoming flying missiles in this storm. Thinking about going set all the crap piled at the road on fire.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jmac4
What’s going to be interesting is all the debris piles at the road becoming flying missiles in this storm. Thinking about going set all the crap piled at the road on fire.

I don’t believe that anyone has even considered that.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

It's a valid point. Limbs and stuff lying around can become missiles with enough wind power.

Hopefully Delta won't blow as hard as Laura, but probably hard enough to blow a limb thru a window.

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

It's a valid point. Limbs and stuff lying around can become missiles with enough wind power.

Hopefully Delta won't blow as hard as Laura, but probably hard enough to blow a limb thru a window.

DF

Last path prediction shows a westerly move. Any way you cut it, South Louisiana is gonna get whacked.

Of deep concern is that the weather services totally missed Laura building in wind speed pre landfall. She amped up right at landfall. Somewhat unusual.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

Last path prediction shows a westerly move. Any way you cut it, South Louisiana is gonna get whacked.

Of deep concern is that the weather services totally missed Laura building in wind speed pre landfall. She amped up right at landfall. Somewhat unusual.

Yeah, they're saying Delta goes Cat 4 out in the open Gulf, then hitting cooler water off shore, drops to a Cat 3. Cat 3 still is a potent storm.

The more westerly the path, the worse for us here in Cenla. Lake Charles doesn't need another one. I don't wish anything on the Eastern part of the State, have family in Lafayette and Metairie. But, I hope it doesn't veer too far West and I hope they're right about Cat 4 dropping to Cat 3 before landfall..

Their speculations haven't always been that accurate. So, we'll see what happens when it happens.

Now, a real nightmare, dreaming you have Jim Cantore standing in your yard, waving his arms, speculating where you house is gonna be by daylight.... shocked

grin

DF

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't understand the chart that shows it weakening before landfall...

Usually they don't weaken until after landfall.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Based on projected top wind shear,,,,if that occurs, along with cooler shallow water temperatures. Louisiana weather has been very moderate lately.

Lots of hocus pocus to calculate and then project, I guess.

Rbb, you should see the feed and fertilizer carts running up and down the highways here trying to get things planted and sowed before the rains hit. We tried to book a cart for our hunting lease and was told “get in line “.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Based on projected top wind shear,,,,if that occurs, along with cooler shallow water temperatures. Louisiana weather has been very moderate lately.

Rbb, you should see the feed and fertilizer carts running up and down the highways here trying to get things planted and sowed before the rains hit. We tried to book a cart for our hunting lease and was told “get in line “.

I was gonna apply about 400 pounds of fertilizer per acre here in a field, but there's not a drop of rain in the two week forecast... still.

Guess I'll wait to do that, and plant wheat.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I was gonna apply about 400 pounds of fertilizer per acre here in a field, but there's not a drop of rain in the two week forecast... still.

Guess I'll wait to do that, and plant wheat.

It’s either chicken or feathers for the farmer/stockman, ain’t it ?

IC B3

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Latest projection, westerly move puts Cenla in line for a direct Cat 1 hit Friday. At least it seems to be moving fast, so maybe not as much rain as it could be.

I have plenty of generator gas, truck tank topped off. Still piling up limbs from Laura, some chainsawing every evening after work. Slowly getting there. Hope this isn't gonna be that big a set back. We'll see...

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Starting to blow pretty good here. Predictions are 90+ mph winds blowing right down my street about 10 tonight.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My son in Port Neches just advised 75 mph winds. His second indoctrination after two months living there. He is quite happy there.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Here in St. Mary parish we are getting gust up to 70 mph. Not much rain ...... so far . My heart goes out to the people in Lake Charles. Two storms in such a short period of time has to be ROUGH .

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You guys stay safe!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what I'm seeing on radar, the eye of the storm has just made landfall. Hope everyone is ready. Gonna be a rough night.

We wont get nearly the bad weather the southern fellows will, but it's gonna get to us about 2am, with the worse hitting us about daylight, and should be about over with by 10am.

Everyone stay safe.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
From what I'm seeing on radar, the eye of the storm has just made landfall. Hope everyone is ready. Gonna be a rough night.

We wont get nearly the bad weather the southern fellows will, but it's gonna get to us about 2am, with the worse hitting us about daylight, and should be about over with by 10am.

Everyone stay safe.

Starting to get sporty around here. Was outside a while ago and could hear limbs popping and crashing in the woods behind and onside my place.

Gonna be a few more later on.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Everyone stay safe.

Starting to get sporty around here. Was outside a while ago and could hear limbs popping and crashing in the woods behind and onside my place.

My wife is down in your neck of the woods. At a friends house between Wilson and Jackson.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Everyone stay safe.

My wife is down in your neck of the woods. At a friends house between Wilson and Jackson.

Gurley?

They’re starting to feel it too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Holly Ridge Rd, off 952.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

248 members (163bc, 257_X_50, 160user, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 69sportfury, 15 invisible), 1,843 guests, and 982 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,113
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.