Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by dpd
Here in St. Mary parish we are getting gust up to 70 mph. Not much rain ...... so far . My heart goes out to the people in Lake Charles. Two storms in such a short period of time has to be ROUGH .

I am from Franklin, but live near Delcambre. It has blown pretty hard a couple of times, actually just picked up again. I think we got more wind this time than we did for Laura.

My houseboat is in the marina in Baldwin, I brought it there Tuesday. Early this week it was like a houseboat parade with everybody coming in from the marsh.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by dpd
Here in St. Mary parish we are getting gust up to 70 mph. Not much rain ...... so far . My heart goes out to the people in Lake Charles. Two storms in such a short period of time has to be ROUGH .

I am from Franklin, but live near Delcambre. It has blown pretty hard a couple of times, actually just picked up again. I think we got more wind this time than we did for Laura.

My houseboat is in the marina in Baldwin, I brought it there Tuesday. Early this week it was like a houseboat parade with everybody coming in from the marsh.

Saw a pic of some 4 lane highway and the north bound lane was solid traffic as far as you could see. Hardly any southbound traffic. I think the pic was made yesterday afternoon. My son and his family live just west of Lafayette and they jumped ship.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Originally Posted by dpd

Saw a pic of some 4 lane highway and the north bound lane was solid traffic as far as you could see. Hardly any southbound traffic. I think the pic was made yesterday afternoon. My son and his family live just west of Lafayette and they jumped ship.

A buddy of mine in Maurice pulled out and told me, “ if the Good L*rd wants this house, he can have it”.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Oldman3, Randy Keep you head down, let us know if you need anything, stay safe!! Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7

Oldman3, Randy Keep you head down, let us know if you need anything, stay safe!! Rio7

Thanks Blue.

Added- From no breeze a couple hours ago, now we've got a steady breeze about 10 mph and gust up to 20-25. Any of you south Louisiana fellows still got power and can tell us what it's like?

Last edited by Oldman3; 10/09/20.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I got news for you boys........It is gonna keep happening (hint)

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hit creole.

Made a bunch of trips through there.

Caught out of the old Air Log in creole years ago.

Weatherman was talking about Iowa.

Got my only LA ticket in I-way.

They know a MS guy isn’t going to fight it. Easy money.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Help is on the way!

Lots of lineman staging. Waiting on the all clear.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Help is on the way!

Lots of lineman staging. Waiting on the all clear.

These crews are part of the true unsung heroes in these storms.

Was sure glad to see 'em after Harvey. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, the storm shifted east about 30 miles from where they predicted it would go and that really helped us. Instead of the worse part of the storm just hitting us about now, for all purposes, it's about over with. Didn't get called out last night, but it may still happen once people get out and start stirring about. Didn't lose power and that's always a good thing.

Prayers sent for all the south La. people that took the brunt of the storm and the relief crews.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Thanks Blue.

Added- From no breeze a couple hours ago, now we've got a steady breeze about 10 mph and gust up to 20-25. Any of you south Louisiana fellows still got power and can tell us what it's like?

Good here just limbs down and a couple of fruit trees uprooted.

A buddy outside of Natchitoches has trees on his house, camper and his shop.

Buddy in Maurice came out okay.

Some Folks in Central and Baker got water from flooding in their homes according to the news.

Neighbor is soon headed to Grand Isle to check out his place.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Well boys that was an interesting ride. Ride ole Delta out in Sulphur. Lost power about 19:00. It wasn’t terrible. Early morning survey shows I got through it pretty much unscathed. On the generator. No water. Thank God it’s 65 versus 100 degrees. Today is opening of primitive deer season. Looks like I’m going to miss it. Reports out of Lake Charles are starting to come in. Looks like they took another good luck. This one was worse than Laura for the folks in SE TX.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Thanks Blue.

Good here just limbs down and a couple of fruit trees uprooted.

A buddy outside of Natchitoches has trees on his house, camper and his shop.

Buddy in Maurice came out okay.

Some Folks in Central and Baker got water from flooding in their homes according to the news.

Neighbor is soon headed to Grand Isle to check out his place.

Grand Isle only had a 2' storm surge and 35 mph winds. Almost wish we'd of left the boats down there, but taking any chances of riding a hurricane out makes absolutely no sense. Our thoughts and prayers are with those who need them.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like the few of us that have reported in this morning are ok. Glad for that. Of course, we could be the only ones that can. Hope everyone came thru this with just minimal damage.

Hard to imagine Grand Isle coming thru a storm like this with only 2' surge and low winds..... but you never can tell what's gonna happen in a hurricane.

Someone posted about the trash piles in Lake Charles and other areas from Laura becoming missiles during this storm. I'm not sure about now, but 40+ years ago, it was against the law in New Iberia to have palm trees that grow coconuts. A coconut would be like a cannon ball during a hurricane.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
For the record. If y’all were watching the weather channel idiots. There was not a plant explosion. It was a transformer that blew. There are no oil fields in LC to be on fire like they reported. They were seeing all the plant flares. Which is planned and expected in these type of events.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jmac4
For the record. If y’all were watching the weather channel idiots. There was not a plant explosion. It was a transformer that blew. There are no oil fields in LC to be on fire like they reported. They were seeing all the plant flares. Which is planned and expected in these type of events.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Up here at Trichell Louisiana 150 miles or so off the coast. We were on the larboard side of the storm. Hard north or northeast wind and rain last night. Generac kicked on about 10PM and still running. Going out to check the fences shortly. I figure Hurricane Laura blew down most of what was weak enough to blow down. Not much visible damage that can be seen here from the house.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Awoke in SE TX to a bright sunny day. On generator of course.... The yard had a hand full of limbs to pick up, but no real damage. Blew out one screen out on the screened in porch. Blew a window screen off the house that I could see in the yard till it got dark. Now it is nowhere to be seen. The rain and most of the wind quit here like someone threw a switch. My thoughts are with those in SW LA that took the brunt of the storm.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
There was very little surge here in the Delcambre area, however the winds were far worse than Laura. New Iberia reported 90 mph winds and we are 10 miles west of New Iberia.

On generator, need roof repair, and have a little bit of a mess to clean but all in all not bad.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jmp300wsm
I got news for you boys........It is gonna keep happening (hint)

And there will be fires on the west coast, earthquakes in Alaska, heat waves in Arizona, tornados in Oklahoma, idiot governors in New York, and so on.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.