-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The food part is important to me because I don't think I would hunt if I didn't enjoy a freezer full of meat. I also like processing it into different products. I am not talking about varmints here. That comes under the category of shooting. Squirrels on the bird feeders are in another category. grin

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calvin
I don’t get it. You have a hunt. You go out with the intent to kill. You kill. And you feel remorse? Then why do it? Take up golf.

I like to kill fish/game. I feel zero remorse and get a good adrenaline rush in doing so. The planning, physical exertion, and often times the social aspect make it appealing. The food part of it is a bonus but probably low on the list on why I hunt.

Amen Joel. Its not easy outsmarting a wild anything. Unless its a bear. Anything that comes to a barrel to eat and doesn't think somethings wrong deserves to get smoked.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
FWIW, I believe Steven has stopped by the Campfire Forums on occasion in the past.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can’t see him lasting with this motley crue...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Squirrels on the bird feeders are in another category. grin

Edible varmints??

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Never heard of him and do not watch other folks hunting videos; Particularly videos of commercial or bragging nature.

Arrowheads - found them after each rain on our Comanche County deer lease. Fun for kids, but after a while, BORING!
We had a lot of game and shot our share for the table.

OK with me if a fellow hunter keeps such ceremonial thanks giving to himself as it should be for the solo hunter. Just keep it out of camp or find another camp.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by frogman43
Originally Posted by FishinHank
I've met him. He's just a normal guy trying to make it in this world. When I asked him how he liked his outdoorsmans pack he said "you know what, I have one in my basement. Give me your address and I'll send it to you" Sure enough it showed up, complete with feathers inside. Haha. Heck of a guy IMO.

Most people that meet Steven come away with a feeling like he took the time to actually engage them. Steven grew up near where I lived for a long time. His Mother still lives next to a co-worker of mine. He was friends with one of my best buddy's, that's how I came to know more of him than just his show. He's a writer....that loves the Outdoors. He grew up as deeply immersed in the Michigan wildlife as he could.

Living in NYC (last I knew) I imagine he has to change up his style to appeal to those around him.

I say good for him, finding something he can do to make a living outdoors....

Frog---OUT!

He has moved to Bozeman.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy his show, especially the cooking segments.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
I don’t get it. You have a hunt. You go out with the intent to kill. You kill. And you feel remorse? Then why do it? Take up golf.

I like to kill fish/game. I feel zero remorse and get a good adrenaline rush in doing so. The planning, physical exertion, and often times the social aspect make it appealing. The food part of it is a bonus but probably low on the list on why I hunt.

there's an old saying that has a lot of wisdom in it....................... " I don't hunt in order to kill. I kill in order to have hunted."

IOW, It's the hunting I am defined by, not the killing. I kill for a purpose. It can be a solemn moment and a happy moment at the same time.

Jose Ortega y Gasset wrote "Man does not hunt to kill, he kills to have hunted." He first wrote it in the '30s and he was a big-time Spanish liberal.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I grew up on Fred Bear, American Sportsman etc...

Cant get into this new stuff for some reason.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have a millennial friend ( new hunter) who is a big fan of Rinella. He has at least 5 , 000 in first lite, sitka, kuiu clothing. Kifaru packs for every occasion, 3 top end back country tents About a dozen elk calls. Big into BHA and social media.

A few years ago he shot a cow elk ( first one) from a baited tree stand ( legal in our state) next to a road. He broke down and started sobbing, blubbering and crying in camp after the kill and running up and hugging everyone. When I shoot an elk or bear my first reaction is how the thug am I going to get it out of the woods.

Everything now is definitely overly hyped and emotionalized. I definitely appreciate the animals but this is getting weird.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by FatCity67
I grew up on Fred Bear, American Sportsman etc...

Cant get into this new stuff for some reason.

Fred was a class act and great hunter. I never saw him praise Jesus or talk about global warming after a kill.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Have a millennial friend ( new hunter) who is a big fan of Rinella. He has at least 5 , 000 in first lite, sitka, kuiu clothing. Kifaru packs for every occasion, 3 top end back country tents About a dozen elk calls. Big into BHA and social media.

A few years ago he shot a cow elk ( first one) from a baited tree stand ( legal in our state) next to a road. He broke down and started sobbing, blubbering and crying in camp after the kill and running up and hugging everyone. When I shoot an elk or bear my first reaction is how the thug am I going to get it out of the woods.

Everything now is definitely overly hyped and emotionalized. I definitely appreciate the animals but this is getting weird.

Thank you, Instagram.

The millennial shopper is the biggest sucker on earth.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I shoot an elk or bear my first reaction is how the thug am I going to get it out of the woods.

Maybe that's why he was cryin?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank

Amen Joel. Its not easy outsmarting a wild anything. Unless its a bear. Anything that comes to a barrel to eat and doesn't think somethings wrong deserves to get smoked.

The food part is likely near the top for me.

I feel a bit of remorse every time I kill something. Not sure remorse is the right word, maybe just an understanding that I took an animals life. Even the steers I keep for beef.

If for some reason I could not eat deer, would I just walk around shooting them for fun?

No.

Coyote?

Yes.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole
When I shoot an elk or bear my first reaction is how the thug am I going to get it out of the woods.

Maybe that's why he was cryin?

50 yards from a road in a baited stand. Me and 2 others guys boned it out and packed it to the road. He had a good onyx in his iPhone to find the road. Thank God for technology

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (22250rem, 3040Krag, 12344mag, 270cowboy, 1beaver_shooter, 348srfun, 52 invisible), 1,703 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,131
Posts18,523,127
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.