Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Mr. Barsness, I have just sent you a PM . I hope this is a satisfactory reply...... If it is not fully explanatory, I will forward a personal cell phone via PM . Due to physical limitations, I talk much better than I type. ....... I am not very smart, but sparring with a professional wordsmith on a "net" site is a battle I'll likely not prevail in. I think I have explained in the PM that our "commerce" is satisfactorily concluded.

As to the other rather derogatory insults slung by so freely by Mr. Redgwell...... Heckler, hardly I have so much more to do......

Mr. Wam???? or whatever your name is??? Little bitches? Whiny........ I hope I would not convey that impression, I don't know you , but I would hardly take it upon myself to assassinate your character in print, My post was not about you, but rather a comment on the lack of service available from the USPS. Why do you choose to insult me when you don't know me? Would you do the same in person????? Oh, I forgot, it is the internet.....

Now Mr. WAM, in the interest of transparency, my name is Paul Melton....... Whiney??? I think you will have to hunt hard to find anyone in the Sporting or Business world that would describe me as such.
i am sure your 2386 post here are your total joy in life........You will have to live a HELL of a life to have been to the places I have been and do the things I have done.......
I guess....About enough campfire for me , forever.
Best regards,
Paul

Last edited by mel5141; 10/07/20. Reason: spelling
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Mel just PM'd me. There were extenuating circumstances on his side, the reason he did not respond here, and everything is OK.

It appears that he had a legitimate concern, and knew what to do.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Thanks Steve. Was never worried, but am ticked off. It's easy enough to contact Eileen and correct the problem.

If he'd called to order the book and mentioned it was a time-related gift, she would have suggested priority mail rather than media mail. But media mail has been working well again lately.

Dang calm down.. breath in, breath out.. wax on, wax off...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I wouldn't worry about him, John. He's likely a heckler. If he has a legitimate problem, he knows what to do.

Damn...... mr Canada jumped in it as well.... go get you a donut and coffee from jimmy Horton or whatever that joint is called..

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WAM
W don't need any more whiny little b!tches; but yet, there he is! Mel5141, LOL

Uh oh tough guy alert ..

IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man I was going order one of these fancy books, until muledeers henchmen showed up and started bullying a 70 year old man

Last edited by 79S; 10/06/20.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Once Eileen had Mel's name, she tracked the package:

It was delivered to his PO on September 23, but he had a hold on his mail delivery. Supposedly it was delivered yesterday, apparently after theh old was lifted. PM'd Mel to confirm whether he got it.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Alls well that ends well. laugh Bill asked me to plug this one.

[Linked Image from d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
In general the USPS has done a very good job with our media-mailing of hundreds of copies of GG3 in the past month (and a bunch of our other books--Eileen's game cookbooks have been heading out regularly as well), and so far when customers haven't received them within the 5-7 workdays the USPS predicts for media mail it's not because the book(s) didn't arrive at their PO in the predicted time. Mel's book, for instance, was mailed on Wednesday, September 9, and made it to his PO in Texas in five working days.

Another customer e-mailed Eileen today, saying his hadn't shown up either. He pre-ordered in August, and like almost all the pre-orders it was mailed from September 9th to 11th. Eileen checked the tracking # and it also made it to his PO in the 5-7 working days--but has been sitting in a locker there, apparently because his PO box wasn't quite large enough for it. Dunno if his PO failed to inform him--we have the same locker-delivery now and then, and they leave a locker key in our box--but that can happen, though in my experience very rarely.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
As noted earlier, Eileen advises that any book that HAS to be there by a certain date should go priority mail. Several people have asked about how much more that costs.

Since media-mail averages about three bucks per book, the extra cost for priority varies from about $4 in nearby states to as much as $7 in Alaska. But if somebody orders two books, the extra cost per book is about half as much.

John Steinbeck
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
John:

I'm slowly working through G-3 and read the chapter on chronographs last night. You saved me $559!!! laugh

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Aha!

Yeah, the LabRadar is a fine unit--within its limitations. If they over solve those I'll buy another....

John Steinbeck
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey John

I just started reading Gun Gack III. You’ve hit a home run. You and Eileen both do an excellent job presenting very useful information with an interesting and entertaining writing style—true professionals. The book looks good too. Thanks again!

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks very much for all your comments!

Copies keep heading out the door--along with the first two GUN GACKS. In fact we had to reprint GG1 for the 6th or 7th time this year, and a lot of folks are buying Eileen's game cookbooks as well.

John Steinbeck
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1234, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,522
Posts18,491,050
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.