Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We have a nuisance Grizzly in the area, feeding on gut piles etc. . I just keep the 12 gauge handy when doing chores ....my wife ventured out to the barn without it last night and wouldn't go back to the house without.....me & the 12'er.
I wouldn't live anywhere Grizzlies and Bighorns didn't.
It keeps things spicy.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by greydog
I'm with Brad on this one. When I'm hiking or camping, the fact that grizzlies are around is part of the deal. The same goes for other predators. Without them, the experience is diminished. In fact, if the presence of bears serves to keep even a few people away, I'm all for them. GD

There is a wide gap between wanting them as part of the ecosystem and not wanting them eradicated, and removing federal protections.

I like having them out there, but the idea I'm going to prison for blowing the guts out of one for eating my chickens or getting into my shop is a bitter pill.

The shell game FWP plays moving them around in secret is an enormous waste of taxpayer money, among other things.

No DLP allowed in MT?

Life yes, property no. Unless it's what the state considers livestock, which does not include chickens, or dogs. And you're going to be put through the ringer regardless. It's bullspit.

How much are your dogs worth, in a monetary sense? Hard to value the job they do and the enjoyment you get out of them.

Like I posted earlier, a dang lamb seems to be worth enough to shoot a wolf or bear, but not an expensive dog, family pet or working dog.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Vic_in_Va
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by viking
Darn that has to be edgy.

Beats a cul-de-sac in Bozeman lol. Id rather live in the woods than post about 2 weeks a year hunting in them.

Crossing the creek behind my house to hunt deer with your kid takes on a whole different dimension when your dragging it through the willows and there's a big fugging grizz on camera from a day or 2 ago.

I know there's Alaskans' that'll post pics of a 15' coastal brownie eating dog food off their porch.

I chose to live here, just wish we weren't beholden to commie fuggs when it comes to being able to shoot a problem bear.

Whatever happened to SSS?

If properly practiced, no one knows.....

Yeah, except I'd probably want a backhoe around if I was to try to "shovel" a hole big enough for a grizz.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
SBHS??

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

How much are your dogs worth, in a monetary sense? Hard to value the job they do and the enjoyment you get out of them.

Like I posted earlier, a dang lamb seems to be worth enough to shoot a wolf or bear, but not an expensive dog, family pet or working dog.

Thankfully I've not had to yet, but I know how I see the scales balanced. As far as I'm concerned my barn cats weigh more than a fugking bear. Fortunately my horses count as livestock, so if some hippy dippy commie wet dream bear braves my dogs and electric fence I assume he'll be after my ponies. I like having them out there, but the protections are fugking stupid. Start releasing the problem bears in not just LA and Sacramento, but every single major population center within their historical range. There is a surplus

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm with Brad on this one. When I'm hiking or camping, the fact that grizzlies are around is part of the deal. The same goes for other predators. Without them, the experience is diminished. In fact, if the presence of bears serves to keep even a few people away, I'm all for them. GD

There is a wide gap between wanting them as part of the ecosystem and not wanting them eradicated, and removing federal protections.

I like having them out there, but the idea I'm going to prison for blowing the guts out of one for eating my chickens or getting into my shop is a bitter pill.

The shell game FWP plays moving them around in secret is an enormous waste of taxpayer money, among other things.

No DLP allowed in MT?

Life yes, property no. Unless it's what the state considers livestock, which does not include chickens, or dogs. And you're going to be put through the ringer regardless. It's bullspit.

That's insane.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by viking
Darn that has to be edgy.

Beats a cul-de-sac in Bozeman lol. Id rather live in the woods than post about 2 weeks a year hunting in them.

Crossing the creek behind my house to hunt deer with your kid takes on a whole different dimension when your dragging it through the willows and there's a big fugging grizz on camera from a day or 2 ago.

I know there's Alaskans' that'll post pics of a 15' coastal brownie eating dog food off their porch.

I chose to live here, just wish we weren't beholden to commie fuggs when it comes to being able to shoot a problem bear.

Whatever happened to SSS?

Not everyone has a backhoe lol. Also there are rumors there are trackers under the skin on some that've been captured, and released. And captured and released. And captured and released, you get the idea. They actually offered a reward for info on one that'd been shot here close to me. Far as I know everyone has told them to take the reward and jam it,.

Aholes trying to get you to sell your neighbors out because they shot a bear that was eating their animals, sounds like. Fugg em.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Start releasing the problem bears in not just LA and Sacramento, but every single major population center within their historical range. There is a surplus
Berkeley Hills California would be the perfect place to offload problem bears into their former habitat. Surely the liberals in California that thought it was a good idea to reintroduce wolves in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana would welcome an apex predator.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No DLP allowed in MT?

Just a FYI- Was looking at grizzly maps and reports, saw this from MT FW:

“If a black or grizzly bear attacks, and if you have a firearm and know how to use it safely and effectively, Montana law allows you to kill a bear to defend yourself, another person or a domestic dog. If you do kill a bear in self defense you must report it to FWP within 72 hours.”
http://fwp.mt.gov/recreation/safety/wildlife/bears/bearEncounter.html

Last edited by MadMooner; 10/11/20.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another thing that stood out was the disparity in penalties for killing a grizz.

Old boy in WY called F&G after shooting at a grizzly that had harassed him several times in a afternoon. The third time it returned he took a shot at its azz with a 22 to “scare it off”. Immediately called reported it.

They hit him with over $25k in fines, years probation, and a year of no hunting/fishing. The DA and judge both expressed sympathy for the guy.

Guy in AK kills a sow with cubs that took a moose quarter out of a tree. Shot it in the back as it was running away. Skins the bear and takes the hide. Did not report it.

Less than $4k in fines.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I DVRd the 60 minutes show and just finished watching it.

JFC...every single person interviewed on the episode was a sandal wearing, hand wringing apologist for the bears....from state and federal wildlife agents to local residents.
God forbid they interviewed someone in favor of a controlled hunting season to safely reduce numbers.

Not that I expected anything less.
Just more liberals pushing their liberal agenda.

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Start releasing the problem bears in not just LA and Sacramento, but every single major population center within their historical range. There is a surplus
Berkeley Hills California would be the perfect place to offload problem bears into their former habitat. Surely the liberals in California that thought it was a good idea to reintroduce wolves in Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana would welcome an apex predator.

Cal needs them back in Monterey, Big Sur, and Tahoe.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings

Look at what they did with cougars... feline variety, not the usual CA variety...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

281 members (2ndwind, 308xray, 30Gibbs, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,862
Posts18,478,591
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.