Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Natchez just posted some newly designed Weaver "Classic" models on their website-

https://www.natchezss.com/email/2020/weaverclassic.html

And it looks like it was not just a "special run" ,either-
Here they be on Weaver"s newly updated website-

https://www.weaveroptics.com/optics/

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have zero issues with Weaver scopes.I have quite a few Super Slams,Grand Slams and a few Nitrex and Buck Commanders.They are all great scopes and most are on 30-06's,7mags,300 mags and handle recoil without fail.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw them on Natchez site. They are a design I have not yet seen. I wonder where they are being manufactured. Natchez site doesn't say.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Weaver took up where Nikon left off.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I saw them on Natchez site. They are a design I have not yet seen. I wonder where they are being manufactured. Natchez site doesn't say.

If it's the same company that makes the Busnell Prime, Bushnell's website says South Korea.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any chance they are still made at LOW Japan like some previous iterations of the classics were? I wasn't able to find country of origin on either site.

I suppose, like was already pointed out, they're most likely an extension of similarly priced Bushnell's, and you have to move to the very top of their line to get anything out of Japan.

I had good luck with a couple Japanese weavers from the early 90's. They proved to be really rugged. One was a very used 6x that was mounted to a 300win 700 that I bought for the action. The whole rig was BTF; dents and scratches all over the scope, cracked stock on the rifle. But the scope tracked well and it spent some time as a mule scope doing load development on several ml's and a couple center fires. Let a friend talk me out of it for a rig he was setting up for a youth hunting/mentor to hunt group. He says it's still holding zero after a lot of tumbles and getting knocked around, whereas some new scopes they had donated haven't proved up to the task.

Last edited by Starbuck; 10/12/20.
J
jk16 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I think those new Weavers are pretty much the South Korean made Bushnell "Prime" series scopes , although the higher powered Weavers have 30mm tubes.

They need to consider adding Mil dot or milldradian reticles and exposed turret versions of those 30mm scopes..

But really ,I am just glad they did not totally kill off the Weaver brand and I hope Vista resists the urge to make any more sub $100 Chicom crap with the Weaver name on it. They can do that with Tasco and Simmons..:)

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't know if they've made any mechanical or optical improvements, but I prefer the previous Classics otherwise. They looked more classic and had magnification ranges I like. The 1-3x and 2.5-7x in particular. Adding a 2-7x to the line would be nice.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I hate to say it and hope I am wrong, but the looks of those scopes in the link coupled with that cheap price is looking very PRC like to me. RJ

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I posted this over on Rimfire Central. Someone called and found out they are made in S Korea.

IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bushnell AR 1-4 I have says Korea. Seems hella decent for the price.

Those 3-9x40s could be the bargain good enough entry scope at $150. We'll see.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Sounds like a good article for Mule Deer: a test between Burris FF, Weaver, Bushnell, and a few others at the same price point.

BTW, I appreciate the fact that they offer a regular hunting plex. Maybe we'll see fixed 4x and 6x (again) in the future.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Weavers have always done well for me. I put a Grand Slam on my Marlin 1895M and drug it through hell moose hunting in Alaska...... rain, snow, mud, rocks, brush .....never failed me.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The lack of a country of origin is default China..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GeoW
The lack of a country of origin is default China..

Lack of it listed where? SWFA doesn't list Japan on their pages. Or does this only apply to new products?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lack of it printed on the scope body or lack of it on the add. A scope made anywhere other than China is a positive and would be advertised as such!

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

If it's the same company that makes the Busnell Prime, Bushnell's website says South Korea.

Weaver

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
New "Elements" lens coatings sounds similar to Bushnell's rainguard. Weaver's have usually been pretty rugged and reliable, glad to see the brand alive.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[quote=RevMike]Sounds like a good article for Mule Deer: a test between Burris FF, Weaver, Bushnell, and a few others at the same price point.

BTW, I appreciate the fact that they offer a regular hunting plex. Maybe we'll see fixed 4x and 6x (again) in the future.[/quote]
Add a 2.5 or 3x fixed.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A “brand” is just a name. Lots of companies rent out their name to various outfits, like the “Winchester” orange vest I’ve worn for about twenty years, or the cheesy “Bell & Howell” electronic doodads sold in the crap catalogs they send out in the mail. Question is: who’s going to handle warranty work? Natchez is the exclusive distributer, and dollars to donuts Bushnell will handle repairs.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 22 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.