Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
My son is in 10th Grade.

He is in his sixth week of school.

It is a very wealthy School District.

He is taking German III.

His previous German teacher quit last year.

His new German teacher does not speak a word of German. The teacher was a diversity hire.

I have become vocal how about this anomaly and been called a racist. My insistence that a German teacher actually speak German has been called "Hate speech".

Observing his math coursework virtually on the computer it is my belief that is math teacher would be unable to balance a checkbook if their life depended on it.

Honest question, is it racist to expect a plumber to know how to plumb pipe?

Is it racist to expect a doctor to know to how to use a stethoscope?

Is it racist to think that we need school vouchers now?

Your opinion matters.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Your a racist if you think anything the left doesn't believe in. They label anyone "racist" to shut them up. You asked . MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes and you should get behind reparations. It will make everything better just as affirmative action has.

Last edited by Jim1611; 10/13/20.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My first reaction would be to write an editorial to the local newspaper. In it, I would praise the teacher and the district highly for this gutsy move.

At our 20th high school reunion, they read one of my editorials lauding the administration for not making teachers wait in line for food in the cafeteria. I was highly supportive of the whole thing and lined out all the reasons I liked it so much. It taught us to always set aside rules for those who wielded power, to never question authority, to make sure those who handed out paychecks and grades were properly stroked, etc. It was a long laundry list. The practice was halted within a week and the faculty got to the back of the line like everyone else.

Of course, German should be taught by someone ignorant of the language, and it should not be the parents place to worry their pretty little heads. Besides, what use is German anyway these days? It is a dying language and although 60% of Americans have German heritage, this should be stomped on at every opportunity in recognition that we are facing a New World Order and language skills and cultural diversity are unnecessary.

Blah. Blah. You get the idea.

If that doesn't work, go to the next board meeting with a series of question in German and ask that the German teacher respond at the next meeting in German and hire a translator.

Last edited by shaman; 10/13/20.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nope.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The new definition of racist is.....

A word used when you have nothing to win an argument with.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, it isn't racist but the cry of racism is the refuge of the incompetent. Not understanding why someone would study German unless it is still required for a chemistry degree. My kids school only taught French which I thought was fairly useless compared to Spanish. My son's girlfriend's mother is fluent in Spanish and English as is a former USFS agent I worked with. They are both in high demand as go to translators in the court systems they work in. My nephew in law is the son of a Mexican immigrant and is fluent in Spanish and speaks English with no accent other than redneck. He is quite valuable to the company he works for.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here's another fun exercise:

Send this to your kid's German teacher and see if she can give you a rough translation:

[Linked Image]

Publish everything on a Facebook page.

Bonus points if you can tell me what I just pasted .

Last edited by shaman; 10/13/20.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Shaman! I read first sentence and knew it!!

As to the OP

Völlinger wahnsinn!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Your a racist if you think anything the left doesn't believe in. They label anyone "racist" to shut them up. You asked . MB

This.

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Sorry to hear about this but it’s a long time coming. Our first mistake is thinking that public schools are for anything other than indoctrinating our youth into leftist progressivism. A private school might be the only answer.

Of course Shaman’s suggestion sounds fun if you have the energy for controversy. I like it but the fact is I’m too old for that [bleep].

Who knows? Maybe the other parents of the district think like us and will react to Shaman’s approach if you can get the letter published and enough people read it?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The only person qualified on the forum to determine if the OP's reaction is racist would be Slumlord. Understanding the Slum’s decision would require the KKK’s 27th level secret decoder ring.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Bonus tricks:

Have your kid write:

Mein Lehrer ist so dumm wie drei Meter Gartenweg

on the chalkboard. See how long it takes the teacher to figure it out. If that doesn't get her try:

"Mein Lehrer fickt für Busgeld und geht dann nach Hause."

My German is rusty, but it should still get the point across.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mumblestugen weisemheimer!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Classic example of those who can't do...teach.

It could be argued a football coach teaches things they can't physically do...but they still know the subject matter so well to know correct from incorrect in all aspects.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Your kid is more qualified to teach the class than the idiot they hired.

Hate speech
Racist
And you might own a firearm

Now you’re red flagged..

I remember when Va was the breadbasket of the south, now it’s the toilet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
......and don’t stop pushing the issue. Being called a racist is on par with being called the “n” word. Feel free to respond accordingly.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
No, it isn't racist but the cry of racism is the refuge of the incompetent. Not understanding why someone would study German unless it is still required for a chemistry degree. My kids school only taught French which I thought was fairly useless compared to Spanish. My son's girlfriend's mother is fluent in Spanish and English as is a former USFS agent I worked with. They are both in high demand as go to translators in the court systems they work in. My nephew in law is the son of a Mexican immigrant and is fluent in Spanish and speaks English with no accent other than redneck. He is quite valuable to the company he works for.

German is a common language in international business, we used German translators for our European and middle eastern machinery business. We have a fair amount of German manufacturers in the area.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Our German teacher was a young blond version of Rip Taylor. He acquired the nickname "Pfirsiche," although we could never say it to his face. I refused to take German, because that dude's eyes were on me constantly. He quit teaching after he got his law degree and now you see him every once in a while on local TV news expressing the LGBTXYZ side of things.

Blech!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shaman
Bonus tricks:

Have your kid write:

Mein Lehrer ist so dumm wie drei Meter Gartenweg

on the chalkboard. See how long it takes the teacher to figure it out. If that doesn't get her try:

"Mein Lehrer fickt für Busgeld und geht dann nach Hause."

My German is rusty, but it should still get the point across.

My German is even rustier and I got it!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 22 invisible), 1,457 guests, and 1,023 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,211
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.