Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Dutch Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Geno, the science is still imperfect, but we know that about 40% of the population has a T-cell response to COVID, and about the same number appears to be immune (asymptomatic). Others get it twice? I thing the “publish or perish” pressure is not doing the reputation of science in general any favors, there’s faint odors of yellow journalism mixed in.

Occam’s razor: I find it hard to believe that in the 100,000 years hominids have lived in caves, with bats, that this is the FIRST time C19 jumped the species barrier and only NOW, after all those eons and gazillion exposures does C19 become a permanent,recurring, infection of the human (and mink) species.

Fishes are doing swimmingly, hope you got the ‘maters in before the frost.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Valsdad
From the actual published article:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30764-7/fulltext

From the article ...
"The mechanisms that could account for a more severe secondary infection can only be speculated. First, a very high dose of virus might have led to the second instance of infection and induced more severe disease.Second, it is possible that reinfection was caused by a version of the virus that was more virulent, or more virulent in this patient's context. Third, a mechanism of antibody-dependent enhancement might be the cause, a means by which specific Fc-bearing immune cells become infected with virus by binding to specific antibodies. "

Also ...
"A major limitation of our case study is that we were unable to undertake any assessment of the immune response to the first episode of SARS-CoV-2 infection."

So they don't know if the person developed antibodies from the first case.

Basically that appears to be what they're saying. They didn't test for antibodies, just to see if he was negative for the virus.

Testing everyone for antibodies would be another expense our economy likely wouldn't enjoy.

The other really interesting thing there is the "third" statement. Wouldn't seem like fun I happened to be a patient that had that condition.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dutch
Been thinking about this. At this point in time, knowing what we up know, and medical knowledge and treatments where they are: would you purposely get C19 if you could? Be done with it and be able to go on with your life?

Given that I’m mid 50’s, healthy, not overweight, not prone to lung problems, I’m starting to think it just might be worth being done with it. Tell them to stick the vaccine, their tests, their social distancing, their fear politics and all the rest of it where the sun don’t shine....?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Geno, the science is still imperfect, but we know that about 40% of the population has a T-cell response to COVID, and about the same number appears to be immune (asymptomatic). Others get it twice? I thing the “publish or perish” pressure is not doing the reputation of science in general any favors, there’s faint odors of yellow journalism mixed in.

Occam’s razor: I find it hard to believe that in the 100,000 years hominids have lived in caves, with bats, that this is the FIRST time C19 jumped the species barrier and only NOW, after all those eons and gazillion exposures does C19 become a permanent,recurring, infection of the human (and mink) species.

Fishes are doing swimmingly, hope you got the ‘maters in before the frost.

Yes to Occam's, but you probably know that viruses mutate over time and can become more, or even less, virulent and from what I've read also gain the ability to "jump" species. And I'm still not convinced this is a natural crossing of the species boundary. I'm certainly no tin hatter, but do find it highly coincidental this "bat virus" getting into humans seems to have originated in proximity to a Chinese laboratory? As you say, mankind has been doing the cave thing all over the world, why not a cave in Mexico? Or Europe? Why Wuhan?? Simplest explanation "because it did"? Or simplest explanation " because someone there was working with it" ?

As to the "publish or perish" thing. It doesn't seem to me to be the case here. In the fish world I do know that when anything new occurred, something similar to this news, the folks publishing it have no other reliable way of getting the news out to others in the industry so those folks could test to see if it was happening in their area too. Not sure about the yellow journalism thing either. The fact they actually listed their limitations in the quotes OldHat provided shows me they're not entirely proposing that they are "right". Seems they're just noting "This is what we found and it needs more exploring into" . But as I said, I have a bit of a trusting nature, I'm not ready for the tin foil yet............except perhaps in the case of a bat virus starting to infect humans near a major Chinese viral research facility.

Taters in the one bed are "dug". Very little digging in my method, pull back the mulch and there they are. +/- 30lbs from one 4'x8' bed, not a bad harvest in my mind. I've got some other volunteers in another bed to dig too.

Before the frost? .......You're kidding, right? We've had frost since mid-late Sept, not every night, last night it was in the low 40's!. Still have tomatoes and peppers under cover that are alive even.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Some of you guys should be flat fugking embarrassed.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Many would be getting on with their lives regardless had we not allowed the govt. to think that they had this much power. Personal choice and responsibility have been put on hold, for awhile. The weak are easily frightened and manipulated.

#nobodylivesforever

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No one lives forever:

Let's have a party
There's a full moon in the sky
It's the hour of the wolf
And I don't want to die

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been thinking about this. At this point in time, knowing what we up know, and medical knowledge and treatments where they are: would you purposely get C19 if you could? Be done with it and be able to go on with your life?

Given that I’m mid 50’s, healthy, not overweight, not prone to lung problems, I’m starting to think it just might be worth being done with it. Tell them to stick the vaccine, their tests, their social distancing, their fear politics and all the rest of it where the sun don’t shine....?

My advise is don’t hunt for it, don’t fear it.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Many would be getting on with their lives regardless had we not allowed the govt. to think that they had this much power. Personal choice and responsibility have been put on hold, for awhile. The weak are easily frightened and manipulated.

#nobodylivesforever

mike r

Exactly.

COVID didn't cause or change a single fugking thing.

Government did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you want a ‘free’ antibody test just give blood. They will test it for antibodies and let you know the results.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by plainsman456
I think that i already had it.

Thin is they won't or don't want to do the blood test to check.

I'd love to get the antibody test to see if I've had it. First of all, I had a weird flu right at the end of December which might have been it. Secondly, you can get COVID and have zero symptoms, so anyone could have had it without knowing it. It would be nice to go back to normal and not have to worry about them trying to corner you into taking an untested vaccine, assuming it's ever released.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am doing my 14 days. I did not want it, nor do I want it again.

Good luck though to those that would like to test all the theories out there.

Problem with theorie is they are just that, theories, and it takes something [bleep] to happen for it to become a dead theory.

God Bless You All, and Your Families.

Miss Lynn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I live my life the same as I did before Covid for the most part I refuse to wear the mask or to jump through the hoops. I wouldn’t deliberately want it. The flu is no fun. If I get it I’m not all that worried about it and I’d get an automatic two weeks minimum paid off of work. So it wouldn’t be all bad. Probably be sick around the house for a week and then spend a week bird hunting.

I think I might have had it around Christmas this year. My wife’s an RN at the only urgent care in our town. She obviously comes into contact with a lot of sick people. I had a mild fever for a few days and something that felt like a cold. It dragged out a little longer than a typical cold probably about a week. I had a dry hacking cough/coughing spasms for close to a month before the cough eventually went away. I wasn’t sick enough to miss any work over it but with all of the coughing people probably wished that I had. It was obviously before Covid was on anybody’s radar and I couldn’t miss a months work over coughing spasms.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 10/14/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Too many unknowns about this. There are people left with long term health issues, some I know of personally. People with very mild cases that went away in a few days have been left with heart, lung, and circulatory damage they didn't have previously. Not everyone, but some. My daughter was pretty sick for 7-10 days, but fully recovered. Another friend was an extreme athlete who ran marathons had a mild case in April. She still can't run more than 2 miles from lung damage that hasn't healed yet. There have been several college age athletes who tested positive, but were asymptomatic. They now have heart damage.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I tested positive on 10/2/20. I'm over it now. It wasn't a lot of fun. While I wouldn't fear getting Covid, I would take it seriously and it is not something I would go looking for. Likely it will find you soon enough...Deal with it then.

Harry
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I had it in Jan. Lots of other folks I talk to, around the country as well, think they had it Dec/Jan timeframe.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leave it alone. Live you life. Don’t hunt for it, don’t fear it, and know if it is your turn it will find you..

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I did get it (so the doctors said anyway)
I have had worse paper cuts.

I was 100% over the symptoms in 3 days. At it' very worst it didn't even make me feel bad enough to stop working ---- or really notice it much.

Last edited by szihn; 10/14/20.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No.

Wise choice.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (44mc, 808outdoors, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 308ld, 10 invisible), 1,241 guests, and 786 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,692
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.