Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

You don't think he acted in self defence?

I do believe that he acted in self defense. I also believe that he placed himself in a situation that a smarter, more mature person would have avoided. Some seem enraptured by the fact that he could shoot well enough to save his life. Most anyone can be taught to shoot. Discrimination and good judgement require more effort so many avoid it.

mike r

I won't disagree that he shouldn't have been there but the video evidence clearly shows that he was justified in his actions, and that's all we really need to know IMO.

Actually in reality if it weren't for the leftist's in charge there should be more of these incidents and more shooting of Antifa/BLM azzholes in my mind.

He shouldn’t have been there but it’s not as though his family knew that he was going to wind up there after work. It’s also an easy argument to make that more of us older wiser adults should have been there. At least to the extend that that’s how our founders would have envisioned things going down. Citizen men putting a stop to the destruction and stupidity. So that a good kid was never put in that situation.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 10/14/20.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

I do believe that he acted in self defense. I also believe that he placed himself in a situation that a smarter, more mature person would have avoided. Some seem enraptured by the fact that he could shoot well enough to save his life. Most anyone can be taught to shoot. Discrimination and good judgement require more effort so many avoid it.

mike r

I won't disagree that he shouldn't have been there but the video evidence clearly shows that he was justified in his actions, and that's all we really need to know IMO.

Actually in reality if it weren't for the leftist's in charge there should be more of these incidents and more shooting of Antifa/BLM azzholes in my mind.

Why shouldn’t he have been there? George Floyd shouldn’t have been passing counterfeit bills high on dope, Michael Brown in Ferguson shouldn’t have been shoplifting high on dope, Trayvon Martin shouldn’t have been walking through George Zimmermans neighborhood?

Last edited by jackmountain; 10/14/20.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

mike r

He shouldn’t have been there but it’s not as though his family knew that he was going to wind up there after work. It’s also an easy argument to make that more of us older wiser adults should have been there. At least to the extend that that’s how our founders would have envisioned things going down. Citizen men putting a stop to the destruction and stupidity. So that a good kid was never put in that situation.

Perhaps the older wiser adults that reside, vote and pay taxes in Kenosha should be the ones to decide on the way things are run in their home town. Think globally, act locallygrin

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 10/14/20.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If you're too big a pussy to defend property, you don't deserve ta have any property.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

mike r

Perhaps the older wiser adults that reside, vote and pay taxes in Kenosha should be the ones to decide on the way things are run in their home town. Think globally, act locallygrin

mike r

Im not casting any stones but I think at the founding of our country and at the drafting of the 2A our founders imagined all fighting age men having the courage to put down civil unrest when it was happening in there back yard. I can’t say that I disagree with that ideal. We’re all US citizens the idea that we should sit back and watch towns burn to communist in the next town over. Is most definitely not why our founders enshrined the right to bear arms in the 2A.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 10/14/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It hasn't been all that long ago that a man could shoot somebody for stealing a chicken.

Now, you can't shoot somebody when they're burning your house down.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ISRO

He was also an underage kid that should not have been there, play silly games win silly prizes

Following that thought train... You are a juvenile idiot and should not be here amongst grownups.

I agree

100%

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Bristoe
It hasn't been all that long ago that a man could shoot somebody for stealing a chicken.

Now, you can't shoot somebody when they're burning your house down.

Sure you can.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by OldHat
His decision on being there is independent of his decisions after being placed in harms way. I would advise any young man not to be there. I agree there, but once there he acted well and I believe he is innocent.

This is my position as well. I would add he had every right to be there, just not a good decision. The constitution guarantees the right to peacefully protest without an age limitation.

Not a good decision. I agree. However, I am okay that guys like him are out there that have bigger balls than you or I or probably the majority of the people posting on this thread.

Clearly he is a naive young one but damn. He went out and tried to make a difference and defended himself well. And it seems to me that it put an end to that crap going on in Kenosha.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

He was also an underage kid that should not have been there, play silly games win silly prizes

Following that thought train... You are a juvenile idiot and should not be here amongst grownups.

I agree

100%

I agree. He performed flawlessly under combat conditions while tumbling and outnumbered...if the scenario happened in Iraq he'd be getting a bronze star. Instead, the thuggery continues after his exploits due to corrupted politicians who do not honor our constitution. Hopefully, his fellow citizens will acquit...meanwhile the looters and arsonists continue to run rampant.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Why shouldn’t he have been there? George Floyd shouldn’t have been passing counterfeit bills high on dope, Michael Brown in Ferguson shouldn’t have been shoplifting high on dope, Trayvon Martin shouldn’t have been walking through George Zimmermans neighborhood?
Let us not forget that Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin were killed for making physical attacks attempting to knock unconscious men that were armed and legally going about their business. Young Mr. Rittenhouse likewise was physically attacked by people strong and numerous enough to take his firearm away from him. A person carrying a gun just the same as any peace officer has to do whatever it takes to maintain possession of his weapon. Including killing an attacker.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Curiosity. I've seen it alluded to on other threads. What has happened to the frequency and intensity of rioting in Kenosha since Kyle Rittenhouse shot the three rioters trying to attack him?

I did a quick Google search for "Kenosha riots" within the past 30 days. Did not return any riot photos dated after 25 August...

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Rooster7
He was absolutely defending his life. F them!

Why shouldn’t he have been there? It’s America, shouldn’t he be able to go anywhere he pleases without having to fear for his life? Law and order should be maintained by local law enforcement. The criminal rioters/looters/ seeking to strip other Americans of their freedom to move freely throughout the country at will are to blame and the local govt officials that refused to maintain law and order are just as guilty.
To blame the victim is what’s silly, as most of your positions are.

That kid has more ball than most guys on here

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

play silly games win silly prizes

His attackers certainly won silly prizes.

My thoughts exactly! Too bad he didn’t shoot a bunch more of them liberal [bleep].

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Lots of guys went into combat at 17, Mr. Rittenhouse performed excellently under pressure.

If justice is served he will not be exonerated, he did nothing wrong or illegal.

I think you may want to reevaluate your post for accuracy.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Has there ever been a clearer case of self-defense use of lethal force?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You can't get more ignorant than this.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole

You can't get more ignorant than this.

Sure you can.

It's bad, but worse gets posted daily here...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Has there ever been a clearer case of self-defense use of lethal force?
NO

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Lots of guys went into combat at 17, Mr. Rittenhouse performed excellently under pressure.

If justice is served he will not be exonerated, he did nothing wrong or illegal.

I think you may want to reevaluate your post for accuracy.

If anything was inaccurate you woulda pointed it out.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 1,745 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.