Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

You don't think he acted in self defence?

I do believe that he acted in self defense. I also believe that he placed himself in a situation that a smarter, more mature person would have avoided. Some seem enraptured by the fact that he could shoot well enough to save his life. Most anyone can be taught to shoot. Discrimination and good judgement require more effort so many avoid it.

mike r

I can shoot, I dunno if I can remain as composed and shoot as well as Mr Rittenhouse did under that kind of pressure.

I cannot fault his motivation for being there, so I'm gonna call it the courage to put one's life where one's mouth is.

We often judge "Discrimination and good judgement" after the fact by the eventual outcome, sometimes things turn out much better than you'd expect.

In the meantime, I'm going with Bristoe, the good folks of Kenosha oughtta put up a St. Kyle statue, if only to PO the Left.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

You don't think he acted in self defence?

I do believe that he acted in self defense. I also believe that he placed himself in a situation that a smarter, more mature person would have avoided. Some seem enraptured by the fact that he could shoot well enough to save his life. Most anyone can be taught to shoot. Discrimination and good judgement require more effort so many avoid it.

mike r

I can shoot, I dunno if I can remain as composed and shoot as well as Mr Rittenhouse did under that kind of pressure.

I cannot fault his motivation for being there, so I'm gonna call it the courage to put one's life where one's mouth is.

We often judge "Discrimination and good judgement" after the fact by the eventual outcome, sometimes things turn out much better than you'd expect.

In the meantime, I'm going with Bristoe, the good folks of Kenosha oughtta put up a St. Kyle statue, if only to PO the Left.

That you and criscoe are of one mind is compelling, expected and hilarious. Saint Kyle of Kenosha! You guys can do a pilgrimage.

Exercising good judgement and discrimination produces predictable effects. You should continue to trust your luck. LMAO

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Perhaps the older wiser adults that reside, vote and pay taxes in Kenosha should be the ones to decide on the way things are run in their home town. Think globally, act locallygrin
mike r

True, what they do NOT have any right to decide is if his being there was wrong or right. That he was there has nothing to do with whether he is guilty on the charges he is facing.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ISRO
Originally Posted by Rooster7
He was absolutely defending his life. F them!

He was also an underage kid that should not have been there, play silly games win silly prizes

Lots of guys went into combat at 17, Mr. Rittenhouse performed excellently under pressure.

If justice is served he will not be exonerated, he did nothing wrong or illegal.

I think you need to take a second look at your post. You should remove the not before be exonerated.

[Linked Image from ]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by OldHat

Perhaps the older wiser adults that reside, vote and pay taxes in Kenosha should be the ones to decide on the way things are run in their home town. Think globally, act locallygrin
mike r

True, what they do NOT have any right to decide is if his being there was wrong or right. That he was there has nothing to do with whether he is guilty on the charges he is facing.

I think you have missed the point, The citizens of Kenosha are the ones that have the responsibility to elect those that will provide a safe environment. That would preclude the necessity to import teenagers to protect them.

Aside from that, if he is tried in Kenosha a jury of locals will be deciding his fate.

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think you have missed the point, The citizens of Kenosha are the ones that have the responsibility to elect those that will provide a safe environment. That would preclude the necessity to import teenagers to protect them.

Maybe they will do a better job of it now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ConradCA

He was also an underage kid that should not have been there, play silly games win silly prizes

Lots of guys went into combat at 17, Mr. Rittenhouse performed excellently under pressure.

If justice is served he will not be exonerated, he did nothing wrong or illegal.

I think you need to take a second look at your post. You should remove the not before be exonerated.

I think so too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Exercising good judgement and discrimination produces predictable effects. You should continue to trust your luck. LMAO

mike r

A lot of guys thought that way in 1776, turns out they were wrong.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Don't take lvmiker's posts personally. He's only in this thread because I posted in it.

For some reason he follows me around the forum running his puckered up old face at anything I say.

Basically, he's an 80 year old version of Deflave.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not so sure Kyle was there to "protect" Kenosha. I heard he was there to supply humanitarian aid to the injured. The rifle was for PP.
No, I wouldn't put myself there, but that's a value judgement. I can respect the value judgements made by others, even if they aren't what I'd personally choose.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Charged him with violation of city noise ordinance and suspended sentence if he joins the USMC.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman

Lots of guys went into combat at 17,...

Self-defence is one thing.. but

Was it anything like real urban combat? 🤔

As opposed to a video game?

So you classify a small brief skirmish during
Civil disorder as combat?..

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Don't take lvmiker's posts personally. He's only in this thread because I posted in it.

For some reason he follows me around the forum running his puckered up old face at anything I say.

Basically, he's an 80 year old version of Deflave.

Your ego once again exceeds your reality. Don't let that old dog pecker gnat deflave consume your every waking moment, get out, breathe, burn some trash, live a little.

#saintcriscoe

mike r

Wish you were better

Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Starman

So you classify a small brief skirmish during
Civil disorder as combat?..

Whatever it was, I sure liked the outcome.

There's no appeal for the two dead ones.

Attack in packs of thugs and reap what you sow.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Saint Kyle?

#realitycheck

mike r

It's called rhetoric.

And a damn effective example of it too.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I

I think you may want to reevaluate your post for accuracy.

If anything was inaccurate you woulda pointed it out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-gun-protected-second-amendment-n1238918

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Following that thought train... You are a juvenile idiot and should not be here amongst grownups.

Would it be correct that you think a 17 year old out of state kid should be at a riot with a weapon?

That is really a coherent thought with you?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

play silly games win silly prizes

His attackers certainly won silly prizes.

They all did, this will never leave this poor kid or his family nor the families of those he killed

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Your an idiot. Teenagers have the right to defend themselves from mobs of Democrats. He had every right to be there.

No one said he didn't have the right to be there, but rather he should not have been there.

Your reading comprehension is lacking, might want to review who the idiot may be.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

I think you may want to reevaluate your post for accuracy.

If anything was inaccurate you woulda pointed it out.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-gun-protected-second-amendment-n1238918

I don't think you know what the word "exonerated" means, based on the context in which you [mis]used it.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

673 members (1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 1lessdog, 59 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,906
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.