K
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Numbers I came up with are..

1957 116,000 USA deaths total. Influenza

1967 100,000 USA deaths total Influenza

2017-2018 61,000 USA deaths influenza

COVID-19 300,000 USA deaths as of today by CDC

COVID-19 kills 3 to 4% of those who get it, while influenza kills .1%, big difference

Dumptruck, where are you getting 300,000 us deaths? The cdc siteI looked at said 216000.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Windfall
Neighbors behind us had it and said that it was the sickest that they have ever been. Didn’t die either, but damn, I don’t need to have a burger and a beer out somewhere with a bunch of people breathing at me to risk what so many here seem to be so oblivious about. Our infection rate is off the chart and frankly I have lots of way better places to put thousands of dollars than into a hospital bill for a Covid stay.

Yes our infection rate compared to the rest of the world is high "as reported". We've also tested more folks than any other country in the world. Unless there's equal percentage of the population testing uniformly country by country,
to say our rate is high compared to the rest of the world is one stupid statement. Infection rate means nothing when you don't also discuss the seriousness of the effects of the infection. Are they asymptomatic, are they minor symptoms etc... Only one thing matters, and that is the death rate of people infected that aren't suffering from an underlying health issue.

I'm also interested in the covid only hospital stays also, besides the covid only deaths.

We will never get those numbers but hey, I can dream

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I know of a fella 74yrs old, they say he’s obese, went to the hospital was running a temperature, for precautionary reasons. Cause he is in that age group if you get it probably going to die. Well that’s according to the new media and all the democrat governors oh and duck911, Anyhow he spent couple days in hospital was released and he’s doing pretty damn good. Here he is couple hours ago..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The year over year total deaths in the us is what I want to see.
If betting there’s not an extra 200,000 deaths in 2020 over the adjusted numbers for 2015-2019.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I know most of you Duck types live in bubbles and need your wife to operate a set of toe clippers, but aside from that...

Does anybody still believe this is a deadly virus?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Cousin.

Distant, but the kind ya hung out with, for whatever reason.

78, 5' 10", 350-400 pounds.

Hospitalized for heart problems. COPD, Hypertension. Couldn't walk across the living room.

"Tested positive" for Bolo-19. Hospital discharged.

Couldn't walk from the driveway to the entrance to the house.

Amberlamps called, then FD called ta help lift him into the lamps.

Back to the hospital. Heart attack, died.

The funeral home was gonna charge extra for the cremation, cause of weight.

Helpin settle affairs, got the death cert: "Covid-19".

Good guy, and wouldn't have agreed with bein used as a statistic.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

For people who are in one of the high risk categories, it's real serious. For the other 98% of the population, it's no big deal.

Is it alright to punish all of the population, to cater to the 2% that are at high risk?

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I got that from CDC yesterday. They said that New York had changed it numbers. But today John Hopkins is still at 217,000, so I,m back to 217,000

until I get more info.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Yes I sure as hell do.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Love all this talk of hospitals being "over run" The wife is a Nurse Manager in an urban hospital here in SE PA. Part of her area of supervision includes the nurses staffing the ICU. I can can tell you as a fact that this particular ICU was NEVER over run with Covid patients, even though this region was a "hotbed" of the "pandemic"in this state. In fact If you went by the numbers our Dem Gov and Tranny Secretary of Health were spewing, this hospital had far less COVID ICU or even hospitalized Covid patients than you would think.

Big numbers of asymptomatic or very minor patients are getting tested and often repeatedly retested which leads to higher numbers of positives. Many physicians offices are even REQUIRING a Covid test in order get an appointment for anything.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If betting there’s not an extra 200,000 deaths in 2020 over the adjusted numbers for 2015-2019.

That will be interesting for sure, but, there's going to be less deaths otherwise with a slew of people on lockdown for months, way less air travel, projects cancelled etc etc. One thing I'm pretty sure about, everyone be arguing about what the actual numbers mean for decades to come. lol

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Salty303

That will be interesting for sure, but, there's going to be less deaths otherwise with a slew of people on lockdown for months, way less air travel, projects cancelled etc etc. One thing I'm pretty sure about, everyone be arguing about what the actual numbers mean for decades to come. lol

There’s also going to be more deaths from suicide, alcoholism, folks not getting the diagnosis for other medical issues since they’re afraid to go to the hospital/Dr.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes I sure as hell do.

LMAO

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

There’s also going to be more deaths from suicide, alcoholism, drug overdose, folks not getting the diagnosis for other medical issues since they’re afraid to go to the hospital/Dr.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Love all this talk of hospitals being "over run" The wife is a Nurse Manager in an urban hospital here in SE PA. Part of her area of supervision includes the nurses staffing the ICU. I can can tell you as a fact that this particular ICU was NEVER over run with Covid patients, even though this region was a "hotbed" of the "pandemic"in this state. In fact If you went by the numbers our Dem Gov and Tranny Secretary of Health were spewing, this hospital had far less COVID ICU or even hospitalized Covid patients than you would think.

Big numbers of asymptomatic or very minor patients are getting tested and often repeatedly retested which leads to higher numbers of positives. Many physicians offices are even REQUIRING a Covid test in order get an appointment for anything.

DickTuck and reality rarely mix.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There’s also going to be more deaths from suicide, alcoholism, folks not getting the diagnosis for other medical issues since they’re afraid to go to the hospital/Dr.

True that. ..

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

By the way the pandemic is darn serious we are headed towards loosing 350,000 to 400,000 people to it before we get

a vaccine. The second wave is just starting. Look out. in 1919 my family lost 5 members in 2 weeks to the Spanish flue.

All were from 20 years old to 28 years old. All the most healthy in there family.

Ignoring the fact that you are attempting to compare 2 separate viruses, I guess you think modern medicine hasn't advanced at all in the last 101 years you dumb phouc!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Go look at the hospitals in Wisconsin right now. everyone is full or has one bed. They are now transfering to a 530 bed field hospital at the state fair grounds.

Plus transfering out of state. The Doctors in the state say they are being overwhelmed.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Shut the world down....

I remember hearing new York say the same thing. No beds left. Trump moved a big ass hospitsl ship into the harbor. Hardly used. Didnt they build hospitals in the park also that were hardly used?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

The Doctor I just saw interviewed in Wisconsin. Said that for the most part they are just care takers. They have no great cures in there tool kit.

He said the most important thing to do is wear a mask and stay away from groups. I understand they are seperate viruses but both are deadly

and there is not much doctors can do to cure you except put you on Oxygen or a ventalator or a steroid. the other drug they have only helps a few people.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,704
Posts18,494,364
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.