Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
2500-3000 per joint if you negotiate pre-surgery. Depending on surgery too. Complete knee replacement probably double that.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Had both replaced 02/14/20. Medicare and Plan N Supplemental Policy covered entire cost plus in home PT and then PT therapy. When doing both at same time, first knee is at pre determined Medicare rate and second knee is done at 50% rate. Nurse called and said “I’ve tremendous news...you’re in a no pay position after visiting w both insurance plans.” Had two awesome MD’s and surgical teams...one for each knee. Once out, 45” of work and off to recovery. Absolutely unbelievable result. So very pleased w recovery.

Last edited by gkt5450; 10/16/20. Reason: Sp

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
C
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Had both total replacements in 2009. Three nights in the hospital Don't remember the cost, but think it was $50K or $60K. All paid by insurance. I paid $150 for pre-op physical and paid $30/visit for physical therapy. Forward to this January..... The plastic wore out in my left knee and had revision surgery to replace the plastic. There was also so much scar tissue in that knee the doctor said he was surprised it even functioned. One night in the hospital. All paid by insurance. Hospital was paid $46K. Doctor got about $3K and the anesthesiologist got about $5K.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I've been laying floors since i was 14, 43 yrs on my knees and hardly ever used knee pads, must be good genes because I've never had knee problems.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Trying to figure medical costs is a bad joke.

I was at a urgent care\Doc in a box place with pneumonia a couple years ago. Couldn’t get a price on the xrays, They couldn’t even tell me what the freaking Tylenol they were trying to give me would cost. I walked across the parking lot to a pharmacy and bought some.

Schit is broke. ACA just set the pile of schit on fire.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Trying to figure medical costs is a bad joke.

I was at a urgent care\Doc in a box place with pneumonia a couple years ago. Couldn’t get a price on the xrays, They couldn’t even tell me what the freaking Tylenol they were trying to give me would cost. I walked across the parking lot to a pharmacy and bought some.

Schit is broke. ACA just set the pile of schit on fire.

last time i got exrays i paid 29 bucks cash.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Co-pay?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I dont know if something is in the water or the air but I lived in Bklyn ny saw 1000's of old guys walking around none ever had surgery. I had 8 uncles who worked in concrete and carpenter unions longshoremen plumbers none had operations most lived to around eighty that includes my aunts who did not work. now I see a lot of guys with 3 shoulder operations on each shoulder. work done on knees hips neck back etc. Physical labor for the average guy has gone way down for the average guy so I do not get it. maybe hard work is better for the body?

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by dale06
Thanks guys.
Was comparing my brothers cost to others.
His insurance company was billed $68 grand per knee. What they paid, I don’t know.

Daughter needed surgery when she was younger, Dr said if insurance DOESN't pay it'll cost you $7500............... initially denied by ins., contested and then they decided they would pay.

DRs, surgery center and such billed over $80,000.............. BCBS paid $7500 and everybody was happy, my out of pocket under a grand. And somebody gets to WRITE OFF $72,500??????

We have truth in labeling laws for ketchup????? There needs to be truth-in-billing Laws for the medical 'profession'

IMHO

Last edited by Muffin; 10/17/20.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I've been laying floors since i was 14, 43 yrs on my knees and hardly ever used knee pads, must be good genes because I've never had knee problems.

I have ordered about tha t with you Rodger.
Didn't know the exact numbers, but I figured you were well past the
normal age for a floor guy.

I'm 50, one of my school friends started flooring after graduation.
He was stubborn and kept at it even when it became miserable.
Been disabled for several years now, can barely walk. Haven't kept
up enough to know the details.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Depends on the type of surgery, but generally speaking, if you are footing the bill yourself, it's cheaper (and better) overseas.

The discussion is about Knee surgery not a Lobotomy. Go play with your toys the adults are talking.

Le Roi thought it was about rejuvenating a vagg

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Depends on the type of surgery, but generally speaking, if you are footing the bill yourself, it's cheaper (and better) overseas.

The discussion is about Knee surgery not a Lobotomy. Go play with your toys the adults are talking.

Le Roi thought it was about rejuvenating a vagg

BobBrown, you had vaginoplasty? Was it painful?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski
What's pathetic, is that ya can't just call the hospital/doctor, and get a figure.

Makes car salesmen look like angels.

Like the doctor has time to answer cost questions, that would be a sure way to pay off med school being on the phone with campfire members trying to get 4.00 off a heart transplant....................grin

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
The hardware costs $3k-$6k depending on the hospital’s negotiated rate, the surgeon gets around the same along with the anesthesiologist. The hospital gets the rest, $40k-$50k. It is the reason so many surgeon groups are opening ASCs (ambulatory surgery centers) and doing them out-patient.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
When I had my rt. knee replaced 2 years ago, I received a statement from the hospital showing a total cost of $85,000. Thank God for good insurance!

Had the left one replaced 6 weeks ago. Haven't gotten any paperwork from the hospital yet.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My wife had her knee replaced last year. The insurance was billed 95,000. We paid less then 800.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had both knees replaced a couple months apart and I don't know for sure what the Dr. and PA got, but it was around $10,000 per knee I think. The hospital got for 3 nights a
total an amount of $53,000. I didn't have to pay any of it as the VA and Medicare paid the rest. That all took place in Oct. and Dec. 2015.
My knees are still going strong at over 900 miles (hiking), and I am sure they will outlast the rest of me.
Also, I broke my hip the last of June, and had it replaced and it is going strong---no pain or complications.
I am glad I didn't have to pay, but I would have knowing the results!

Last edited by kennymauser; 10/17/20.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (2003and2013, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 63 invisible), 2,640 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.