Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I wonder how many will stay in Montana past their first winter.

I recall reading an article a few years ago that said the locals don't have much to do with the people who move in until they live there into their second winter.

A woman running for city council stopped by last week. I told her that I wanated to leave California and she said she just moved back from two years in Idaho. She said all her family was here so decided to come back and fight to get here State back from the Libs.

I hope it is true and she can be a beacon for many to come back and fight.

But I am like Chief Joseph. Ad for California, "I will fight no more forever".

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Happy birthday brother.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Please move somewhere else. Washington, Or Oregon

No! We already have enough azzholes.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
No one mentioned Cajun country.

Good.

We're safe....

We'll put the word out to these Cajuns, the season on Californians is closed, ya can't put'em in a gumbo.

They won't last long...

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Winter is coming. They won't stay long.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hope the Yankees and left coasters are aware of how hot and humid it is here in Floriduh. And that we have a lot of poisonous snakes. And lizards that will eat them. And sharks. And Crackers. Lots of Crackers.

And hurricanes. And we’re the thunderstorm capital of the US. And skeeters, ticks, chiggers, noseeums, and fireants.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I do wish they'd settle in NYC, or in the hurricane zone.

Or TX.

Insane doesn't even touch it here. Latest numbers I've heard were 28,000 new residents in the Flathead.

If the internet would crash, and we got a bad winter it would be amazing. Nobody could "work" from home, and they'd freeze their puzzies shut going outside.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not welcome in Texas. They screwed up their state, they can stay there.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Brazos

Originally Posted by 1Longbow
Please move somewhere else. Washington, Or Oregon

GFY!

Here, here!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by StGeorger
St. George, Utah is experiencing a huge housing boom. Wife is teaching at two schools that opened last year and they are nearing capacity. There is also plans for a master planned 10,000 new homes on the south part of town.

Not all from out of state such as CA. Lots of retirees moving south from SLC, mostly for the warmer weather and little or no snow. Can't say what the mix is.

Don't know where the water is going to come from, but the builders and developers and politicians (same-same) don't seem to care.

Libs are still a distinct but mouthy minority. The one Biden/Harris sign in the immediate neighborhood is right back of us, another a block away. A few Blue Lives Matter signs.

Paul

I agree. No signs for either side where we live. I think the developers and politicians are counting in the Lake Powell pipeline for future water. Dixie State Univ is a liberal spawning ground.

Old guy, old guns.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cnn reports rents in San Francisco have dropped as much as 31%.......
https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/19/success/rents-drop-san-francisco/index.html

Sic Semper Tyrannis
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Californians are flocking to Nevada, spent the last 40 years of their lives voting to put in place the policies that have ruined the beautiful state of California and now headed here to start over screwing Nevada up. First thing they do is put their Biden Harris lawn sign in and proceed to tell everyone how it's done in California! Same thing happening in Idaho and western Montana. If you lean left, hate guns and hunting, are a vegon please stay home! We really don't want you here!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are full up in Texas. Move along, nothing but heat and mosquitoes. "

+ rattlers, scorpions, lots of guns, dust when the wind blows, hurricanes, tornadoes, and so forth.

CRS, NRA Benefactor Life Member, Whittington Center, TSRA, DWWC, DRSS
Android Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
St. George, Utah is experiencing a huge housing boom. Wife is teaching at two schools that opened last year and they are nearing capacity. There is also plans for a master planned 10,000 new homes on the south part of town.
Campfire members get a big welcome, dems stop in Vegas or continue to Salt Lake!
10k new homes ?? Water ??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y'all everywhere better watch out.

City fathers (and mothers?) most everywhere believe in "GROWTH" and unfortunately with humans they're not like apple trees. You can't just prune the unwanted growth.

Best thing for you folks to do would be to run for your city council and county supervisor seats and push a limited growth agenda. Helps to keep property values up in desirable areas while keeping the influx of outsiders to a minimum.

I'm thinking the colder, snowier areas are going to be somewhat self limiting after a couple of really good blizzards. Lotta Caliotos like snow, when they can drive to Mammoth, Snow Summit and Squaw Valley and then go home on Sunday night and 70F December days.

Whatever y'all do, DON'T let them put in a McDonald's, WalMart, or Costco in your 'hood..................do whatever you can to stop them.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Here in California on my one hour morning commute I hear ads on the radio for realtors specializing in helping us Californians escape to Free America; most notably Idaho and Montana. - - - - - - It looks like Utah for me and the girls. Decent people with great standards of behavior. I will do my best to fit in and not wreck anything.
Tracy you will be welcomed anywhere, and those lovely daughters as well. As noted some time ago, there are some places in Southern Utah which seem a really good fit for what you seek - but selfishly I would rather have you nearby in AZ. Just be sure get close enough that you can be at all of our SW Campfire get togethers.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
F
I was born and raised in southern Idaho. Joined the Air Force and have lived in some good places since then such as Alaska, North Dakota, and Utah. My last assignment unfortunately was Travis AFB in Fairfield CA. My wife decided she likes this California weather much better than the weather in Alaska or North Dakota! We're still here years after military retirement. However, I do plan to get out soon. Probably going to follow Ranger Green's lead and move to Utah (but not the Wasatch Front, that's just the same as being in California but with better politics). Cedar City is probably going to be the place we end up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geno, not all growth is bad, little towns like yours and mine are struggling to keep population high enough to attract basic services like grocery stores and repair shops. Our town is fighting to be able to field an 8 man football team. A few more folks around isn’t bad everywhere. The county seat still has a hospital, but it’s touch and go. No, a few more folks wouldn’t hurt us a bit. But, since were 90%+ Mormon, the influx of all these “open minded” Californians is puzzlingly low....... wink.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CCCC
Campfire members get a big welcome, dems stop in Vegas or continue to Salt Lake!
10k new homes ?? Water ??

$64K question, or more. See my post above. They "think" a pipeline to Lake Powell is the answer. It isn't.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've read up on the situation a bit. From what I understand, the two places that are losing population fast is California and New York City. The Californians are moving to Texas, Idaho, and Arizona. The New York City refugees mostly stay in the New England region.

Generally speaking, the southeast is regarded by them as being redneck Trump country and that's largely true.

As for Kentucky, California liberals would be a loose fit for Lexington and to a lesser extent Louisville.

The rest of the state is a very bad cultural fit for Californians. New York City folks wouldn't get along here at all.

Fortunately, they all seem to understand that.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 12344mag, 163bc, 1minute, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,594
Posts18,473,485
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.