Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by persiandog
something wrong with this story.

I told you!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriffs-sergeant-questioning-rescued-zion-111959948.html

Sgt. Darrell Cashin, who helped the search-and-rescue effort, now says he has questions about Courtier's story, and pointed out multiple discrepancies.

For example, Courtier's daughter told CNN that her mother hit her head early in the hike and became so dehydrated that she couldn't open her mouth.

Cashin doubted this claim, saying park officials said she was able to leave the park on her own, largely unassisted.

Cashin also questioned how Courtier was able to survive nearly two weeks alone without, as her family said, food and little water.

I told y'all she was getting some dick, slip away meet the boyfriend for a few days.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The story also said she stayed near the river for water. Besides being undrinkable because of toxic algae, that's a heavily used area where she would have easily been found. If she'd been drinking the river water, she'd be very sick or dead. She is neither.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H

[/quote]
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Heym06
I hike the Pacific Crest trail quite often during warm weather. I see many young people hiking, long distance. Far more than 40 years ago! Don't think these young people have no woods skills, because they weren't boy scouts! The area i hike the most includes Crater Lake park north to Sisters wilderness! Plus the gear available today is better than when I was younger!

There are ultra light hikers that do the whole trail with no tent and no stove. Using bleach drops for water purification.

Yep ten drops per gallon of water, is the usual aplication. The mixture does need some sit time to do the work. Where I hike there are lots of springs flowing from the mountain sides! I use a filter pump, when needed. Many springs are drinkable as they flow out of the earth. I still use the filter. In 1968 I got real sick drinking from a spring in the Frank Church wilderness. I don't take chances any longer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I told you!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriffs-sergeant-questioning-rescued-zion-111959948.html

Sgt. Darrell Cashin, who helped the search-and-rescue effort, now says he has questions about Courtier's story, and pointed out multiple discrepancies.

For example, Courtier's daughter told CNN that her mother hit her head early in the hike and became so dehydrated that she couldn't open her mouth.

Cashin doubted this claim, saying park officials said she was able to leave the park on her own, largely unassisted.

Cashin also questioned how Courtier was able to survive nearly two weeks alone without, as her family said, food and little water.

I told y'all she was getting some dick, slip away meet the boyfriend for a few days.

Don't get offended Roger but it has to be asked....

....can you account for your whereabouts during that period of time?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It is the Deputies who "rescued" her who are ratting her out.
They spent 12 days busting their ass looking for someone who wasn't even lost or who, at least, didn't want to be found.

I bet they have had it up to here with this Psycho Woman. I hope they bill her family for the costs.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The story also said she stayed near the river for water. Besides being undrinkable because of toxic algae, that's a heavily used area where she would have easily been found. If she'd been drinking the river water, she'd be very sick or dead. She is neither.

are you sure ?

[Linked Image from iranintl.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I told you!

Don't get offended Roger but it has to be asked....

....can you account for your whereabouts during that period of time?

innocent, been working too much.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

are you sure ?

[Linked Image from iranintl.com]
We get those algae blooms every summer in the Snake River and reservoirs around here. A few years ago, several dogs died after swimming in the Snake near Burley. They routinely close Salmon Falls and Roseworth reservoirs south of here for fishing during the blooms each summer. Some algaes are very toxic. The sheriff in UT said that the river in the park has the same problem and that she would be very sick or dead after drinking from it for a week.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My map and compass training in the Marine Corps, both as an enlisted Marine and as an Officer, during daylight and the hours of darkness, was one of the most important skills I learned and have retained. No doubt. Was also very helpful in my career as an aviator, being able to fly Nap of the Earth (NOE) as well as VFR cross country.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
My map and compass training in the Marine Corps, both as an enlisted Marine and as an Officer, during daylight and the hours of darkness, was one of the most important skills I learned and have retained. No doubt. Was also very helpful in my career as an aviator, being able to fly Nap of the Earth (NOE) as well as VFR cross country.
Isn't VFR a technical term for getting Very Far from 'ER?

― George Orwell

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
VFR Visually Fly Roads
IFR I Fly Roads

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (22250rem, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 219 Wasp, 204guy, 44 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,231
Posts18,504,371
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.