Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Tracy,

not sure where you're looking in N AZ, or what kind of budget you have for house/property, but if you've nothing against the Show-Low/Pinetop area, St Johns, and over that way you might find something more affordable than Flagstaff/Prescott/Payson area. Especially if you have nothing against relatively nice newer mfg homes.

Sure is a nice area up there, can get a bit chilly in winter but was never "hot" hot, 90F was a heat wave, 95F a rarity, at least when I was there around 2000-2001.

I'd find you a place around here, lot's of reasonably priced places, but then again............it's still in Commiefornia.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find something.

Show Low is where I have been searching for the last five years. You have excellent taste. While I cannot afford the nice pine woods, the people of Taylor and Snowflake are a quality lot. I am by no means wealthy and will lose a lot in the divorce, but if I can get a toe hold there, I would be happy as long as my kids are accepted and not bullied for their father's failings.

The weather is good. The people are better. There are a lot of veterans in that town. Utah has lesser state taxes.

Great choices.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Truly uncalled-for.....

Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okie
I-40 is closed coming into OK....

Hmmm... Do you know how many Okies came to California during the Dust Bowl of the late 30's - 40's?

They made a movie about it. Check it out. Route 66 ran both ways

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Morewood

Hmmm... Do you know how many Okies came to California during the Dust Bowl of the late 30's - 40's?

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Tracy,

not sure where you're looking in N AZ, or what kind of budget you have for house/property, but if you've nothing against the Show-Low/Pinetop area, St Johns, and over that way you might find something more affordable than Flagstaff/Prescott/Payson area. Especially if you have nothing against relatively nice newer mfg homes.

Sure is a nice area up there, can get a bit chilly in winter but was never "hot" hot, 90F was a heat wave, 95F a rarity, at least when I was there around 2000-2001.

I'd find you a place around here, lot's of reasonably priced places, but then again............it's still in Commiefornia.

Show Low is where I have been searching for the last five years. You have excellent taste. While I cannot afford the nice pine woods, the people of Taylor and Snowflake are a quality lot. I am by no means wealthy and will lose a lot in the divorce, but if I can get a toe hold there, I would be happy as long as my kids are accepted and not bullied for their father's failings.

The weather is good. The people are better. There are a lot of veterans in that town. Utah has lesser state taxes.

Great choices.

Taylor and Snowflake were "very Mormon" when I lived in the area. Had a friend there that was a RE agent and rancher. Let me use his ranch house out to the east of town when I had a tag out that way. Warned me of the folks nearby out there in the "cedars" to stay away from.

The towns are nice enough tho, and close enough to Show-Low for shopping and such. You may have to shake off some missionary kids though, they might be at your door frequently.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hahaha!

You marvelous bastard!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tracy,

Great choices.

Taylor and Snowflake were "very Mormon" when I lived in the area. Had a friend there that was a RE agent and rancher. Let me use his ranch house out to the east of town when I had a tag out that way. Warned me of the folks nearby out there in the "cedars" to stay away from.

The towns are nice enough tho, and close enough to Show-Low for shopping and such. You may have to shake off some missionary kids though, they might be at your door frequently.

Missionaries tend to be polite and therefore welcome.

Cedar City Utah is a strong number two. The prices there are reasonable. It all depends on how the girls will be treated by their peers. Most people leave me alone and that is a good thing. I do not think I will be "red flagged" for carrying my rifle case from the truck to the house.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Red Flagged?

Hardly, in either place. Especially Snowflake..............Maybe questioned about "What ya' huntin' with neighbor?"

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a high school buddy moved to Texas about 10 years ago. All he does now is bitch about Kommiefornians moving to Texas. Except of course when he is trying incessantly to get me to moved there.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tracy,

Great choices.

Missionaries tend to be polite and therefore welcome.

Cedar City Utah is a strong number two. The prices there are reasonable. It all depends on how the girls will be treated by their peers. Most people leave me alone and that is a good thing. I do not think I will be "red flagged" for carrying my rifle case from the truck to the house.

Be interesting on how your girls adjust and fit in if you make the move to Cedar City. I lived in UT for 9 years. I am not a member of the LDS church. One of the friendliest place I've been, but one of the hardest to make true friends. It really weighed on my wife.

IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Californians don’t do well here.

Attached Images
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Okies were broke, starving and looking for work. The californians now days, not so much.

The okies didn’t change political systems there as Californians tend to do today.

The okies weren’t too well received by the californians just like the inverse today.

They made a movie about it.. Check it out.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by pointer
One of the friendliest place I've been, but one of the hardest to make true friends. It really weighed on my wife.

I'd be interested in your take on that, if you're inclined to elaborate.

I haven't found that any place has a monopoly on friendliness, though many seem to claim so.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hear it’s getting harder and harder to get a BJ in Cali these days with all them cock suckers moving to Montana!! ....just joking of course, there are some good people in CA , it’s just that they are outnumbered by dumbsheit liberals.....

Eat moose, burn spruce
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul39
Originally Posted by pointer
One of the friendliest place I've been, but one of the hardest to make true friends. It really weighed on my wife.

I'd be interested in your take on that, if you're inclined to elaborate.

I haven't found that any place has a monopoly on friendliness, though many seem to claim so.

Paul
I lived there for 9 years and got along well with everyone. Even at the end, did not have a friend that would call me or that I could call to do something on the weekend. I'm far from anti-social. My kids were very young, so did not get incorporated into social circles that way. May have been different had we stayed longer or I got more involved in 'things', dunno. Co-workers, neighbors etc, were all very friendly.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thanks. I can relate, but in our case we're older, family far away, and everybody seems to be wrapped up with their own lives, family, jobs, and of course for many, their church. Not an uncommon situation for retirees who relocate.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I believe that I won't be bothered by and social isolation. I have been shunned by most Californians my whole adult life. I "fit in" here and in the Army but not in the land of endless strip malls, greed, and hypocrisy. I suppose eventually I will get lonely but as long as there is the 'Fire and the occasional phone call to an old military friend, I'll get by as I always have.

Getting outside and not having to drive several hours to escape a megapolis will be liberating. Finding an area that I can fly the flag without being considered a domestic terrorist will be great.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

Forgot the smiley face so you would not feel butt hurt eek

Yes my mothers family went to California at the beginning of the war used a black market driver to get out there drove straight through. Grandfather supported them by working as a book keeper at a ship yard. Mom hated it said people treated them pretty poorly and she had to catch three buses to get to school every day. After the war they all came home.

California is a beautiful state too bad there are so many communists there. Wish you guys could figure out how to drive them all to the ocean.

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I do wish they'd settle in NYC, or in the hurricane zone.

Or TX.

Insane doesn't even touch it here. Latest numbers I've heard were 28,000 new residents in the Flathead.

If the internet would crash, and we got a bad winter it would be amazing. Nobody could "work" from home, and they'd freeze their puzzies shut going outside.

Montana seems to be where Colorado was about 30 years ago.

No, Montana already elected a democratic senator. They are moving downward fast. As for as Ranger a green is concerned , he would be a good addition to any state. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by TheTexan
Can we get them classified as non-native and open a season?

No good if they proliferate too fast.

Scorched earth and bounties might work.

Probably not, tho

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,225 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,343
Posts18,506,168
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.