Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Romans 1: 25-27
25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26For this reason God gave them up to degrading passions. Their women exchanged natural intercourse for unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men, giving up natural intercourse with women, were consumed with passion for one another. Men committed shameless acts with men and received in their own persons the due penalty for their error.

It says what it says. Liberal churches now allow same sex marriages and encourage perverted behavior. They try to take the words of the Bible and twist them to say they don't mean what they say but in the end, the words of the Lord will stand and perverts will pay the price.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So what if you have a legal union with a same sex person but it's an asexual relationship? A civil union does not require that you pluck, nor does it prevent you from plucking the opposite sex. That's where you twist privacy against them. The government is not even allowed to ask.

Last edited by Armednfree; 10/22/20.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The pope is a Jesuit. They are the most radical of all Catholic orders.He is the first pope selected from the Jesuit order.

They run hundreds of learning institutions around the world.Forham,one of the most Communist of American universities,are run by the Jesuits.They also control Georgetown University a hotbed of anti-Catholic and pro Commie propaganda.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Armednfree
So what if you have a legal union with a same sex person but it's an asexual relationship? A civil union does not require that you pluck, nor does it prevent you from plucking the opposite sex. That's where you twist privacy against them. The government is not even allowed to ask.
God knows. At any rate, I'm very skeptical that any of them are asexual.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why is the government mixed up in licensing and regulating marriage anyway? When did that start in this country? I do believe I have forebears that were married in the sense that they had a public religious ceremony but no government paperwork. Seems to me the government could just get out of marriage licensing and anyone wishing to could form a legal partnership and giving each other a limited or not limited power of attorney. The courts could step in as they do now when children have to be dealt with in the case of two parents going their separate ways or to settle the division of joint property. This health insurance problem I believe will soon go away when everybody gets Medicaid with no legal ability to pay for private medical care unless you leave the country. This way you could partner with and live with whomever you choose and marriage would be the for a church to deal with and leave the rest of us out of it.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't have a problem with two Sodomites making a legal contract over issues pertaining to them living together. This is the way they should have gone instead of "gay marriage".

Problem is they don't want rights which unions would have solved but "equality" and that dog ain't gonna hunt.

What I have a problem with is them being in a legal position to force a church and a pastor to go through the sham of "marrying" them because it is impossible for two Sodomites to participate in a Christian marriage.....that is an abomination. It has either gone that way or will in the future. Everyone who has a hard on for "separation of church and state" should agree.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
He endorses same sex unions and wants a civil union law so that they are legally covered.

Didn’t go so far as to endorse same sex marriages via the RC church and didn’t mention anything about male priests unions or female nun unions.

As Archie Bunker would say, “You Catholics think that guy is inflammable”.

The institutional Roman Catholic Church has been under enemy control since the elevation of John XXIII to the Pontificate in 1958. He was placed on the throne via coup d'état. The last real Roman Catholic Pope was Pius the XII. They've all been antipopes since then.

Roman Catholic Orders, as found within the Novus Ordo, are not even valid any longer, as the ordination process has been altered since the 1960s intentionally so as to be invalid. If the institutional Roman Catholic Church is ever again to be legitimate, they will need to start getting their ordinations done by Traditional Catholic Bishops from the lines of bishops who disconnected themselves from the Novus Ordo after Vatican II, or by Eastern Orthodox Bishops.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
He endorses same sex unions and wants a civil union law so that they are legally covered.

Didn’t go so far as to endorse same sex marriages via the RC church and didn’t mention anything about male priests unions or female nun unions.

I'm not Catholic but was shocked when I first saw this because I thought he was condoning same-sex marriages which would go against Catholic belief. After taking a look at it, I think it's a great idea and what should've been done a LONG time ago. If somebody wants to have a legal partner in their life so they can can be covered by family insurance or help make those tough decisions after a life-threatening incident or pass along their inheritance after they pass, they should be able to do so regardless of sexual preference. I also think this helps separate that need/issue from the desire to be "married" which is an institution that I feel should be left to those in the church.

Totally agree, just leave them be.

Face it, if a same sex couple had 1,000 acres of land that nobody hunted and one got the invite....few would probably say no.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
the pope is a communist. in one pic he is getting his orders from the satanic bolshevik jews.
in the pic where he is kissing the negros feet he could be mistaken for a modern conservative

Attached Images
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I guess ALL of his predecessors were WRONG ! for 'infallible' popes. ( DOPES )

Some, including myself, wonder if thisun is QUEER !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Boils down to Benjamins that can be made.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I don't agree with gay marriage or civil union. Wrong is always wrong.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
it looks like the pope is trying to move his version of the church into current times, for better or for worser.

i wish we could scourge of urth of all the so-called kings & queens and their tax subsidies.

i wish the catholics would quit wearing their strange middle ages clothes & attire.

i wish the snake handlers would be more careful, and fewer bitten.

is it better to have sex with the same gender, or no sex at all?

if i am king for a day, i want the Codes in my possession.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't care if you call it a union or a marriage or whatever. I want them to have the same rights afforded married couples.

The idea that marriage affords anyone "rights", or that the government can grant or deny said "rights" is an example of the ignorance that has destroyed America. You should think more clearly about the words you use, Paul, instead of just spouting ridiculous talking points. You aren't a stupid man. It doesn't do you justice to sound so ignorant.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What does marriage “afford” then?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God judges entire countries, not just people. This country is fallen into gross sin with queer marriages and abortion. Judgement is coming. I can't even guess when. His time isn't our time. When God was talking to Abraham before the Israelites went to Egypt, he said the Canaanites' sin wasn't full yet. God gave them another 500 years to clean up their act before he sent in 2 million Jews to deal with them. He gave Rome until 500AD before he destroyed them. He gave Israel a couple centuries before he sent in the Assyrians and the Babylonians to deal with them, then another 400 years before he let Rome settle them for 2 millenia. He does give them plenty of warning, though. Each of those countries killed God's messengers. It's coming here sooner or later.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

These were just off the cuff remarks that don't even rate as teaching. They are simply his personal opinion. For you or I, it's OK to hold an opinion that is different from revelation. We just have to be humble enough to say "God, I don't understand that, I don't agree with it, but I'm going to live by your word anyway".

On the other hand, you'd think the Cardinals could find a Pope who not only agreed to live in conformity to God's will even if he doesn't agree with it, you'd think they could have found a Pope who agreed with all of God's teachings. I mean, seriously, the Jesuits in times past were the bulldogs of faith who gave up everything to fulfill God's will.

Here is the genuine Catholic teaching on homosexuality. Not because a Pope wrote it, but because it's the teaching God gave us. https://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/..._doc_19861001_homosexual-persons_en.html

Politics is War by Other Means
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I don't care if you call it a union or a marriage or whatever. I want them to have the same rights afforded married couples.

The idea that marriage affords anyone "rights", or that the government can grant or deny said "rights" is an example of the ignorance that has destroyed America. You should think more clearly about the words you use, Paul, instead of just spouting ridiculous talking points. You aren't a stupid man. It doesn't do you justice to sound so ignorant.

You know not of what you speak.

Careful of your pronouncements on others’ ignorance while showing your own,

In your own words, “you should think more clearly about the words you use”.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Tyrone

These were just off the cuff remarks that don't even rate as teaching. They are simply his personal opinion. For you or I, it's OK to hold an opinion that is different from revelation. We just have to be humble enough to say "God, I don't understand that, I don't agree with it, but I'm going to live by your word anyway".

On the other hand, you'd think the Cardinals could find a Pope who not only agreed to live in conformity to God's will even if he doesn't agree with it, you'd think they could have found a Pope who agreed with all of God's teachings. I mean, seriously, the Jesuits in times past were the bulldogs of faith who gave up everything to fulfill God's will.

Here is the genuine Catholic teaching on homosexuality. Not because a Pope wrote it, but because it's the teaching God gave us. https://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/..._doc_19861001_homosexual-persons_en.html

Excellent post, Tyrone.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I think it's a great idea and what should've been done a LONG time ago. If somebody wants to have a legal partner in their life so they can can be covered by family insurance or help make those tough decisions after a life-threatening incident or pass along their inheritance after they pass, they should be able to do so regardless of sexual preference.
Yep.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (007FJ, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,069
Posts18,482,577
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.