Originally Posted by Old_Toot
He endorses same sex unions and wants a civil union law so that they are legally covered.

Didn’t go so far as to endorse same sex marriages via the RC church and didn’t mention anything about male priests unions or female nun unions.

As Archie Bunker would say, “You Catholics think that guy is inflammable”.
These were just off the cuff remarks that don't even rate as teaching. They are simply his personal opinion. For you or I, it's OK to hold an opinion that is different from revelation. We just have to be humble enough to say "God, I don't understand that, I don't agree with it, but I'm going to live by your word anyway".

On the other hand, you'd think the Cardinals could find a Pope who not only agreed to live in conformity to God's will even if he doesn't agree with it, you'd think they could have found a Pope who agreed with all of God's teachings. I mean, seriously, the Jesuits in times past were the bulldogs of faith who gave up everything to fulfill God's will.

Here is the genuine Catholic teaching on homosexuality. Not because a Pope wrote it, but because it's the teaching God gave us. https://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/..._doc_19861001_homosexual-persons_en.html

Politics is War by Other Means