Originally Posted by antlers
Equivocation.
Nope. Jesus didn’t use ambiguous language to conceal the truth or to avoid committing Himself, as you assert.

It was you who was equivocating two different things, one: the law, two; the sacrifice. "

Originally Posted by antlers
Nope. It refers to the the intended-from-the-beginning completion...fulfillment...of the Law.
...which, according the words attributed to him, he had not come to abolish.
Completing is not abolishing. Fulfilling is not abolishing.

''It is finished'' refers to taking away the sin of man through the blood sacrifice of Jesus. It does not take away the law or the prophets;

''Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. 18For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.…''

Everything has not been accomplished. The world goes on as before the sacrifice. As far as the world in concerned, it is business as usual.

The promised return in power and glory has yet to be accomplished. Until then the stipulation: ''until everything is accomplished.'' has not been fulfilled. Only when Jesus returns in power and glory for all the world to see is the prophesy fulfilled.