Originally Posted by Nebraska

That's not the unforgivable sin as defined in Mark 3. Jesus had cast out some demons and the pharisees said he did it using Satan's power. Jesus refuted that and said that their sin of calling the Holy Spirit evil would not be forgiven. He finishes off with this:

Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

That's completely different than dying without salvation.

Thank you as well Rock Chuck. I've read a lot of the bible and it has some incredible wisdom but some of it sounds pretty outlandish to me so I always appreciate when someone can translate what I think it says to what it actually says.
That's a common error. I've heard sermons preached on how the unforgivable sin is dying without salvation. Calling the HS evil is in both Mathew and in the passage I quoted so I don't know how a minister who's supposed to be trained in the scripture could miss it. The problem is defining the word blasphemy. It seems to have several definitions. However, Mk 3 clarifies it's definition for that purpose.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.