Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
He endorses same sex unions and wants a civil union law so that they are legally covered.

Didn’t go so far as to endorse same sex marriages via the RC church and didn’t mention anything about male priests unions or female nun unions.

As Archie Bunker would say, “You Catholics think that guy is inflammable”.

I'm not Catholic but was shocked when I first saw this because I thought he was condoning same-sex marriages which would go against Catholic belief. After taking a look at it, I think it's a great idea and what should've been done a LONG time ago. If somebody wants to have a legal partner in their life so they can can be covered by family insurance or help make those tough decisions after a life-threatening incident or pass along their inheritance after they pass, they should be able to do so regardless of sexual preference. I also think this helps separate that need/issue from the desire to be "married" which is an institution that I feel should be left to those in the church.

Opinions do vary but The Bible is clear on the matter.

Of course nowadays what does Scripture have at all to do with the Universal Church, one could reasonably ask ?

Will wait for someone to answer that one.

DF

"Universal Church"?

By that, do you mean Islam?

The Bibles only has a bit little bit to do with that. About 1/3 of the Koran was lifted from in, and even less of the Hadiths.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell