Originally Posted by Rug3
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Nebraska
I'll just take that as a yes. So, if that's the case, am I screwed when it comes to going to heaven?
If I may...
To me...Nope. Not at all. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is only committed when a person believes Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil He performed His miracles. If you haven’t believed that, and said such, you have ‘not’ committed unforgivable sin...and you’re not screwed when it comes to going to Heaven. Just look at Mark 3:22-30:

And the teachers of the law who came down from Jerusalem said, “He is possessed by Beelzebub! By the prince of demons he is driving out demons.” So Jesus called them and spoke to them in parables: “How can Satan drive out Satan? If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan opposes himself and is divided, he cannot stand; his end has come. In fact, no one can enter a strong man's house and carry off his possessions unless he first ties up the strong man. Then he can rob his house. I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin.” He said this because they were saying, “He has an evil spirit.”

Those guys committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit whe,n they believed and said Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil he drove out demons. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. The only ones Jesus ever said committed unforgivable sin were the ones saying Jesus had an evil spirit and by the power of the devil He was driving out demons.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I have cried out for years that context, and especially this context, is important to the understanding of the Holy Scriptures. Heard many a person attempt to explain blasphemy of the Holy Spirit without the context of this writ. Jesus, as with all things, makes it easy to understand exactly what he intends. If one just reads it Scripture interprets Scripture every time. When you step outside how Jesus explains it here all sorts of interpretations, speculations and theories develop here.

antlers,
you said it well when you said, "Those guys committed blasphemy against the Holy Spirit whe,n they believed and said Jesus had a demon and by the power of the devil he drove out demons. That is what blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is. The only ones Jesus ever said committed unforgivable sin were the ones saying Jesus had an evil spirit and by the power of the devil He was driving out demons"
Thanks
Jim
If you commit that sin, you'll be doing it intentionally. You'll know what you're saying and it will be held against you forever. You don't have to worry about doing it by accident.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.