Originally Posted by antlers

Originally Posted by Tyrone
This isn't the first time you've come out in support of sodomy and then made stupid, Hitchens-like references to shellfish, etc.
I AGREE WITH WHAT NEBRASKA SAID. If ‘you’ believe that’s ‘supporting sodomy’ that’s your prerogative. Whatever you choose to believe is fine with me. Some ‘Christians’ cherry-pick one “abomination” from the Old Testament and use it to justify their hate, and completely ignore or disregard ‘all’ of the other “abominations” in the Old Testament...and when that’s pointed out...they get mad. The Pharisees also got mad when Jesus pointed out their hypocrisy.
There you go again! More Hitchens! Nobody ever said that hetero sodomy, theft, etc wasn't bad, but you make gross generalizations and accusations just like that uncharitable Atheist.

BTW, the rest of the Bible isn't fluff - it's the account of previous covenants (testaments, agreements, contracts between God and man), what was required of each party to those covenants, plus teaching on what love is and how God wants to be worshiped. The New Covenant isn't a one-way agreement, it has requirements for worship and behavior too, just like the previous covenants. When Jesus fulfilled the Old Covenant (Which was what? About the 4th covenant in the OT?) it simply meant that the laws pertaining to the Jerusalem-based temple worship were fulfilled and that a new set of requirements for worship were put in place. Does "Do this in remembrance of me" ring any bells? Instead of animal sacrifice for the atonement of sins, God put in place the sacrifice of the Eucharist, AKA the Sacrifice of the Mass along with the sacrament of penance, etc. The old, timeless rules of morality are still in place.

Politics is War by Other Means