Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 16bore
There are no levels of sin.
Then why is there a sin that can't be forgiven?

What sin is that?

sin against the Holy Spirit

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Mt 12:31: Therefore I say unto you, all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Like saying G-dam or G-dammit or cursing at God when you're angry/sad/upset??

NO that is NOT the unpardonable sin! What you are talking about is called taking the name of the Lord in vain. If you are already a Christian, ask the Lord to forgive you for it, receive your forgiveness and quit doing it! If you do it again, repeat the process.

If you are not a believer that is what is going to make you "screwed" when it comes to going to heaven. Most people think that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell. That is what religions teaches. The Gospel teaches that forgiven people go to heaven and unforgiven people go to hell. You get forgiven by asking Jesus to forgive you and accepting his death on the cross as having paid the penalty for your sins. You stay unforgiven by NOT accepting what Jesus did on the cross and NOT believing his testimony that he is the Son of God. There is your real unpardonable sin.

I try to avoid these kind of discussion in this secular format. But seeing the way your question was left hanging I had to say something.

Shoot me a PM if you need to.

That's not the unforgivable sin as defined in Mark 3. Jesus had cast out some demons and the pharisees said he did it using Satan's power. Jesus refuted that and said that their sin of calling the Holy Spirit evil would not be forgiven. He finishes off with this:

Mark 3:29 But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin."
30 He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

That's completely different than dying without salvation.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.