Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Shootbrownelk: I find your contention almost impossible to believe!
You state Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah wants to sell "all BLM & National Forest lands to the highest bidder"!
This is the first I have heard of that incredible stance/feat!
Please provide your/a source for your contention.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If you have not heard of Mike Lee's war on public lands you have been living under a rock.

Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Originally Posted by callnum
If you value public lands then Lee is your enemy. Scum bag is putting it mildly.

Maybe you ought to actually read the bill instead of parroting liberal talking points.

I have seen and read just about everything Lee has done, he is the enemy of the public land hunter. Not much I can help you with if you don't understand that.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/senator-mike-lee-pledges-long-term-attack-on-public-lands/

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
How did Utah get that other Senator - Mitt!!

He bought his way in.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by flintlocke
We can judge our Senators two ways right? We can judge by what they say...or we can judge them by what they do. Mike Lee's great speech you refer to good as it may be...is still just that, speech, talk. Talk carries no consequences, it doesn't actually DO anything. (I refer you to Lindsey Graham, talk, talk, talk...zero results, roars like a lion, nobody ever gets bitten) On the other hand we can judge them by what they actually do, in the case of Mike Lee chairman of Senate Anti Trust Committee, he went from condemnation of google's domination for years...and then got religion suddenly and decided google was a good thing and they should drop their investigation.Talk vs do, how do you judge a man?

They just see an R by his name and keep sucking their thumb.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I was driving back from a visit with my grandkids in NOVA and listened to that on Fox/Sirius. Regardless of what he has done or anything else, he hit the nail on the head wrt the Democrat assault on the SCOTUS and the reasoning behind it. I wish every American could hear that talk!

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Flintlocke: Well I judged Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah by his vote for Judge Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court of the United States of America (of which "I" agree with 1,000%!) and by the scathing speech he impaled the demonrats in the Senate with just after that righteous vote! - for one thing.
You think perhaps that "the hildabeast" when a Senator would have voted for a conservative like her? Or maybe slow joe plugs scratch and sniff biden would have nominated a more conservative judge for the SCOTUS?
Still waiting for proof he is anything but a "conservative" Republican and that he in fact has "tried to sell all BLM lands and all National Forests to someone"???
I think "I" would have heard of that movement.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Hook: You are absolutely right on - he hit that nail (the demonrats 33+ year long war on Republican nominees to Federal judgeships!) right on the head!
Again "I" was extremely impressed with Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah's speech after the Judicial Committees hearing yesterday.
The link to it has been posted here and anyone doubting the righteousness of that speech and its contents please express your concern here for rebuttal.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Shootbrownelk: I find your contention almost impossible to believe!
You state Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah wants to sell "all BLM & National Forest lands to the highest bidder"!
This is the first I have heard of that incredible stance/feat!
Please provide your/a source for your contention.
TIA
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

If you have not heard of Mike Lee's war on public lands you have been living under a rock.

Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
If you value public lands then Lee is your enemy. Scum bag is putting it mildly.

Maybe you ought to actually read the bill instead of parroting liberal talking points.

I have seen and read just about everything Lee has done, he is the enemy of the public land hunter. Not much I can help you with if you don't understand that.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/senator-mike-lee-pledges-long-term-attack-on-public-lands/

Transferring lands to the state weakens the federal government. That is a GOOD thing!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you think that any of the people trump appointed will be any different than justice Roberts, I've got some ocean front property in Juarez to sell ya.....

Mike Lee is all hat and no cattle. He's in bed with the tech giants trying to steal this election through suppression.

And he looks like a chitty used car salesman

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/23/20.
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
OldHat: Is THAT what these few naysayers of Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah are referring to??? Transferring control of public lands to the states???
Not selling them ALL to some impossibly wealthy person???
Sheesh!
Get real guys.
I have heard of that and in fact I think taking the public lands OUT of the hands of nanny piglosi, chuck u schumer, maxi-pad waters, patty 2 shoes murray, di-fi, aoc, ilhanded omar and their "ilk" is an excellent idea.
IF... that is what Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah wants then I could go along with him/that!
Again, sheesh.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Jackson Handy: You are not stupid enough to think that "the hildabeast" of "china joe" would nominate a more pro-America, pro-Second Amendment, pro-capitalism candidate the President Donald J. Trump has/did do you?
If you do then YOU are as stupid as you sound!
IF... you had an ounce of sense you would thank all the Gods YOU worship that Donald J. Trump is your President!
And I am beginning to doubt if you indeed have an ounce of sense.
Sheesh.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Keep up the good work/votes/speechs Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Jackson Handy: You are not stupid enough to think that "the hildabeast" of "china joe" would nominate a more pro-America, pro-Second Amendment, pro-capitalism candidate the President Donald J. Trump has/did do you?
If you do then YOU are as stupid as you sound!
IF... you had an ounce of sense you would thank all the Gods YOU worship that Donald J. Trump is your President!
And I am beginning to doubt if you indeed have an ounce of sense.
Sheesh.
GO TRUMP
MAGA
Keep up the good work/votes/speechs Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Well considering I just for voted for Trump you phuucktard, I guess I'd take my chances with Trump.

However if you think any of the people that have ascended to a position that would lead to a supreme court appointment are on the up and up, I guess you haven't been paying attention to anything in that past 3yr years.

I bet you were jerkin yer gerkin when Bush appointed Roberts too lol.....glad that worked out.

Probably thought Mittens and McCain were salt of the earth too lol lol

Oh and Bill Barr was going to indict people lol

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 10/23/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for making the speech available - well done - draws a very telling and useful contrast and one would hope it signals a dramatic change in R behavior.

As for the sweeping comments posted here against Sen. Lee - like "he is the enemy of the public land hunter" and other such unsupported declarations, the folks that are posting those are making a reach too far. I see the record and his stated intent regarding Federal land transfer, and have some concerns about how that would work in the end. But, at least, he is open and explanatory about it - not trying to smuggle something in. The assumptions some of you make are laughable - but go ahead,

OTOH, if you have lived every day for 20 years smack in the midst of a US National Forest and witnessed how the Forest Service operates, the ownership attitudes exhibited and what it has been doing with regard to public access, use, etc., you might be singing a different tune about what would be better for the future.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
JFC VG you can’t possibly be that stupid or maybe you can.

So if OR and Wa controlled federal land how in the hell would they have afforded to fight the fires they had this summer?

Hint-selling land

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by CCCC
Thanks for making the speech available - well done - draws a very telling and useful contrast and one would hope it signals a dramatic change in R behavior.

As for the sweeping comments posted here against Sen. Lee - like "he is the enemy of the public land hunter" and other such unsupported declarations, the folks that are posting those are making a reach too far. I see the record and his stated intent regarding Federal land transfer, and have some concerns about how that would work in the end. But, at least, he is open and explanatory about it - not trying to smuggle something in. The assumptions some of you make are laughable - but go ahead,

OTOH, if you have lived every day for 20 years smack in the midst of a US National Forest and witnessed how the Forest Service operates, the ownership attitudes exhibited and what it has been doing with regard to public access, use, etc., you might be singing a different tune about what would be better for the future.

If he has his way the western hunter will be locked out by giant corporations who will gain control of our now public lands. Bet on it.

https://gearjunkie.com/mike-lee-bill-federal-public-land

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by windridge
Originally Posted by CCCC

If he has his way the western hunter will be locked out by giant corporations who will gain control of our now public lands. Bet on it.

https://gearjunkie.com/mike-lee-bill-federal-public-land

Lee was heavily criticized here at The Campfire a while back for public comments he made about Trump and about the sale of public lands “to help the deficit “.

The sun shines on every dog’s ass once in a while as Lindsey Graham is doing since last week.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
It is somewhat rare when I see a Republican Senator of Representative do something or says something that I am proud of!
And that is sad.
But yesterday I was watching the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and vote on Judge Amy Coney Barretts Supreme Court nomination.
After the vote was over the Chairman allowed the Senators to comment and make entries to the record.
Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah came prepared!
His 16 (sixteen) minute speech/oration on the "war" the demonrat senators instigated/started in 1987 on Republican Federal Court Judge nominations was a thing of absolute beauty and perfection!
Utah Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah gave a step by step, instance by instance, lie by lie. slander by slander recantation of every Judge nominated by the Republican Presidents since they started the "unilateral" war in 1987!
His speech was flawless and unflinching and damning of every lie, underhanded move, slander, attack and coordinated hoax by the demonrats against Republican nominees!
It was wonderful almost beyond description.
Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah reminded everyone that all during these decades of deceit and orchestrated political lying by the demonrats the Republicans NEVER ONCE responded in kind toward the demonrat nominees!
Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah pointed out starting with Judge Bjork in 1987 and continuing on through Justice Thomas then Judge Alito and Miguel Estrada and some lower Federal court nominations then the continuing, orchestrated, vicious, lies about Judge Kavanaugh and the recent unprofessional deceit heaped upon Judge Amy Coney Barrett!
I was standing up cheering and clapping during Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah's live speech yesterday - it was wonderfully refreshing and inspiring.
Then (despite my sins!) I was rewarded this morning early when C-SPAN2 replayed the speech by Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah and I watched the whole thing again.
Among other things the rewatching of his amazing speech gave me hope that MAYBE finally "our" Republican Senators and Representatives have grown a spine and are no longer willing to let demonrats like china joe, di-fi, leaky leheigh, cameltwat harris, nanny piglosi, patty "2 shoes" murray, chuck u schumer, dickwad turbin, aoc and maxi-pad waters walk all over them endlessly!
Yep - I have hope based on Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah's stellar performance yesterday.
The traditional valued Americans of Utah can be VERY proud of Senator Mike Lee!
I highly recommend any traditional valued American seek out Senator Lee's speech and review it.
I will try to find a link to his speech myself after I get back from the gunshop this morning.
And a heartfelt THANK YOU from me to Senator Lee.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Lee is a douche bag.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Mike Lee is the corrupt turd that authored s386 to import more H1B's cause he loves Silicon Valley $ and hates American workers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
POS owned by big tech....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It is somewhat rare when I see a Republican Senator of Representative do something or says something that I am proud of!
And that is sad.
But yesterday I was watching the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing and vote on Judge Amy Coney Barretts Supreme Court nomination.
After the vote was over the Chairman allowed the Senators to comment and make entries to the record.
Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah came prepared!
His 16 (sixteen) minute speech/oration on the "war" the demonrat senators instigated/started in 1987 on Republican Federal Court Judge nominations was a thing of absolute beauty and perfection!
Utah Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah gave a step by step, instance by instance, lie by lie. slander by slander recantation of every Judge nominated by the Republican Presidents since they started the "unilateral" war in 1987!
His speech was flawless and unflinching and damning of every lie, underhanded move, slander, attack and coordinated hoax by the demonrats against Republican nominees!
It was wonderful almost beyond description.
Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah reminded everyone that all during these decades of deceit and orchestrated political lying by the demonrats the Republicans NEVER ONCE responded in kind toward the demonrat nominees!
Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah pointed out starting with Judge Bjork in 1987 and continuing on through Justice Thomas then Judge Alito and Miguel Estrada and some lower Federal court nominations then the continuing, orchestrated, vicious, lies about Judge Kavanaugh and the recent unprofessional deceit heaped upon Judge Amy Coney Barrett!
I was standing up cheering and clapping during Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah's live speech yesterday - it was wonderfully refreshing and inspiring.
Then (despite my sins!) I was rewarded this morning early when C-SPAN2 replayed the speech by Senator Mike Lee (R) of Utah and I watched the whole thing again.
Among other things the rewatching of his amazing speech gave me hope that MAYBE finally "our" Republican Senators and Representatives have grown a spine and are no longer willing to let demonrats like china joe, di-fi, leaky leheigh, cameltwat harris, nanny piglosi, patty "2 shoes" murray, chuck u schumer, dickwad turbin, aoc and maxi-pad waters walk all over them endlessly!
Yep - I have hope based on Senator Mike Lee (R) Utah's stellar performance yesterday.
The traditional valued Americans of Utah can be VERY proud of Senator Mike Lee!
I highly recommend any traditional valued American seek out Senator Lee's speech and review it.
I will try to find a link to his speech myself after I get back from the gunshop this morning.
And a heartfelt THANK YOU from me to Senator Lee.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Speeches and grandstanding are common as dirt, pre elections especially as the time nears.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Mike Lee is in Google's back pocket, quid pro quo. You want to know why your government is silent on Google's monopoly and censorship on conservatives? Look to turds like Mike Lee, who talked a big game until the money started flowing.

He is just like Mittens, McCain, etc..

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a..._curious_antitrust_flip-flop_141119.html

I don't keep up with all the politics and thought you were a troll when I saw your location. Thanks for that link and sorry for calling you a POS. Just another hog in the slop like those you mentioned and Lindsay Graham, Trey Gowdy, etc. I pray that Trump gets another 4 years and that we can start to primary all these corrupt politicians out of office. We're running out of time and this country is in real danger from these greedy bastards!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 673, 300_savage, 17CalFan, 19 invisible), 1,325 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,994
Posts18,481,126
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.