-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok on the wish list add at least one rear remote hydro hook up. Front would be nice, but mom might think we're getting greedy. Unless you can sneak it in somehow, then make it a go.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Nice pic of the buck in the bucket. Kubotas are the right color for hunting. 😀

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Buy a JD or Kubota if you plan on keeping it a long time (parts availability) or for resale value buy a Kubota or JD. There's really only two options when buying a small tractor. My new Kubota has over 3k hours in 4 years without any mechanical issues. It's a little quirky and herky jerky compared to my JD tractors but I won't be buying anymore green tractors.

What hp is the Kubota?

100 hp it's made an excellent hay tractor.

Life is good live it while you can.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Loader strength is something I needed. Coming from a new holland TC30 (bullet proof by the way), which had a lifting capacity of about 800 lbs... that wasn't nearly enough for me.
Loader capacity was difficult to research and compare because everyone listed their capacities differently. In the end, after translating everyones BS, i felt the bobcat unit had very good lifting strength comoared to kubota (which was on my short list)

I'm not disappointed.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

FWIW I like the color scheme too. Had that been an option when I was shopping, I would have considered it.

Kind of neat, but they have trouble with rust bleed showing through the white powder coat on sharp laser cut edges on the heavy steel, like loader frames. They actually have a new loader frame for me because of this, they were the ones that brought it to my attention. I just haven't been able to part with the tractor long enough to have them swap it out.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I have rear hydro hook ups and a lever in back for my 3 point to help hook up implements without walking around and adjusting at the fender controls.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Kind of neat, but they have trouble with rust bleed showing through the white powder coat on sharp laser cut edges on the heavy steel, like loader frames. They actually have a new loader frame for me because of this, they were the ones that brought it to my attention. I just haven't been able to part with the tractor long enough to have them swap it out.

I have a white equipment trailer that bleeds rust that way. frown

Was warned before I ordered white though, so it's on me... It did come with 2 free cans of matching touch up paint.

Matches your tractor!

Maybe you ought to buy it from me? grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

I have a white equipment trailer that bleeds rust that way. frown

Was warned before I ordered white though, so it's on me... It did come with 2 free cans of matching touch up paint.

Matches your tractor!

Maybe you ought to buy it from me? grin

If it wasn't tandem duals, we'd talk. lol!

I don't need any more than 14k lb rating, That's a beautiful trailer tho.

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What do you guys think of Yanmar? Are they just a different color Deere? Locally we have a kubota, jd, new holland, and mahindra dealers.

The last garden tractor I had was an old international harvester. I would like something small with a bucket or forks to move trailers/bots/rv's around the yard. Right now I use an RTV with a contraption I made, but a small tractor would open up other opportunity.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah, that one's pretty HD...

Had to take a tractor and shredder to the shop the other day, and it started shedding rubber. Ended up putting 8 new tires on it.... And 6 new ones on the pickup while it was there.

Dammit. 14 new tires. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
What do you guys think of Yanmar? Are they just a different color Deere?

Yanmar is a japanese company that for many years made most of John Deere's small tractors. I believe now that's changed and Deere builds most of the small tractors themselves but Yanmar still makes a lot of the engines for them. Deere outsources a lot of stuff, the only equipment they make that's 100% made by them is the big ag stuff, the smaller stuff has various parts outsourced. The JD homeowner stuff you see in Lowes is just the same as the lawnmower sitting next to it with a different color paint, they're just trying to cash in on the Deere name.

Yanmar makes quality stuff, their diesel engines are all over the place.

For many years you'd see small Yanmar branded tractors around. They were grey market imports that weren't made for the U.S. market but for Japan and imported here. Most were pretty small 2WD units, probably about 20 hp. They were cheap to buy and tough little tractors for their size. They didn't look anything like a Deere and if you didn't know Yanmar built stuff for Deere you wouldn't connect the two.

I just googled it and it appears you can buy new Yanmar tractors here again. I doubt they're rebadged Deeres although they might share the same engine as some of the small Deeres.

Over the last 15 years or so Kubota has pretty much taken over the market around here for tractors less than 100 HP. They probably outsell the next competitor 10 to 1. The really big Ag stuff in the delta is John Deere or Case, but smaller than that it's overwhelmingly Kubota. Even on the big 10,000 acre delta farms the field stuff will be JD or Case but their running around tractors will be Kubota. There are Kubota dealers in just about every town and service is easy to find, not that it's needed much. I think of them as the Toyota of tractors, they're great quality at a decent price. There are other makes like Kioti, Bobcat (just a rebadged Kioti), LG, Mahindra, etc. that make decent tractors but they're not priced significantly lower than Kubota so it makes sense to go with Kubota for the ease of dealer availability since you aren't going to save any significant money on the others.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Package deal for same money the anchorage dealer wanted for tractor w/o QA on the FEL alone.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Package deal for same money the anchorage dealer wanted for tractor w/o QA on the FEL alone.

Those package deals can be pretty good!

My dealer told me the other day that a couple of the big tractor dealers that usually sell the package deals at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, were stuck with last years inventory they had stocked up for the event.

The rodeo/stock show was cancelled.

He said they are losing $1500 to $2500 per package deal just to sell them. eek

Good for someone looking for a deal.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
And 0% interest.

The tractor hadn’t been back on the trailer.

Now , it’s my hay trailer.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dig your horse trailer, IB.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Much like why I went with Kioti.
Dealer-less than 10 miles away, free delivery and pick-up of old China tractor [they took on trade] along with 0%
Dealer came and did 1st & 2nd oil changes free of charge[including supplies]

Kubota dealer 40 miles away, $250 delivery fee[no trade in], 5% interest and acted as if HE WAS DOING ME A FAVOR selling the tractor.

FJB & FJT
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

Yeah, that one's pretty HD...

Had to take a tractor and shredder to the shop the other day, and it started shedding rubber. Ended up putting 8 new tires on it.... And 6 new ones on the pickup while it was there.

Dammit. 14 new tires. frown

Ouch! $$$$

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Raeford
Much like why I went with Kioti.
Dealer-less than 10 miles away, free delivery and pick-up of old China tractor [they took on trade] along with 0%
Dealer came and did 1st & 2nd oil changes free of charge[including supplies]

Kubota dealer 40 miles away, $250 delivery fee[no trade in], 5% interest and acted as if HE WAS DOING ME A FAVOR selling the tractor.

Similar here, I got 0% and a free loader incentive on the bobcat. Kubota guy was pained just to take my call. I was like "F you guy, I got 20k cash to put down and I'm not tire kicking, I need to buy something TODAY. Bye."

Something clever here.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Buy your equipment today from my friend in Devils Lake.

Some sort of bobcat dealer.

Ironhide?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
What do you guys think of Yanmar? Are they just a different color Deere?

Yanmar is a japanese company that for many years made most of John Deere's small tractors. I believe now that's changed and Deere builds most of the small tractors themselves but Yanmar still makes a lot of the engines for them. Deere outsources a lot of stuff, the only equipment they make that's 100% made by them is the big ag stuff, the smaller stuff has various parts outsourced. The JD homeowner stuff you see in Lowes is just the same as the lawnmower sitting next to it with a different color paint, they're just trying to cash in on the Deere name.

Yanmar makes quality stuff, their diesel engines are all over the place.

For many years you'd see small Yanmar branded tractors around. They were grey market imports that weren't made for the U.S. market but for Japan and imported here. Most were pretty small 2WD units, probably about 20 hp. They were cheap to buy and tough little tractors for their size. They didn't look anything like a Deere and if you didn't know Yanmar built stuff for Deere you wouldn't connect the two.

I just googled it and it appears you can buy new Yanmar tractors here again. I doubt they're rebadged Deeres although they might share the same engine as some of the small Deeres.

Over the last 15 years or so Kubota has pretty much taken over the market around here for tractors less than 100 HP. They probably outsell the next competitor 10 to 1. The really big Ag stuff in the delta is John Deere or Case, but smaller than that it's overwhelmingly Kubota. Even on the big 10,000 acre delta farms the field stuff will be JD or Case but their running around tractors will be Kubota. There are Kubota dealers in just about every town and service is easy to find, not that it's needed much. I think of them as the Toyota of tractors, they're great quality at a decent price. There are other makes like Kioti, Bobcat (just a rebadged Kioti), LG, Mahindra, etc. that make decent tractors but they're not priced significantly lower than Kubota so it makes sense to go with Kubota for the ease of dealer availability since you aren't going to save any significant money on the others.

This. They make good stuff but the dealer network is pretty thin stateside.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought my tractor used and in excellent condition. Now, if tractor dealers would get with the program and put out 15,000balloons, a bunch of rippling flags, maybe an inflatable dancing monkey or two, I'd be on it!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 22magnut, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,185
Posts18,484,797
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.