Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
will you keep if a Biden/Harris administration taxes you per firearm, makes you keep trigger locks on them, makes you buy an insurance policy to own any, makes you register all of them with a threat of felony if caught with unregistered firearms, or makes you store them in government facilities?

I hope everyone here voted.

Me, if it goes the way they promise it will, I'll own two.

*Not much of a collector. Jus facing reality, we are on the verge of losing America to demographics, beyond recovery.

Last edited by Fireball2; 11/04/20.

LOL
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If Biden wins, I don't see any of that happening. A president doesn't have the power to pass legislation like that alone, and the republicans have the senate, and supreme court.

Last edited by damnesia; 11/05/20. Reason: Misspoke about the house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
All of what I want.
I'm not planning on complying with any stupid laws that I disagree with and I'm not willing to give up my 2nd amendment rights.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
As previously stated:

The republicans with the senate and the supreme court, don't really need the presidency.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ive lived long enough. Im at the point where i dont want to live in a world where the neo communists win and take over. Ive no use to be alive in an dystopian future such as that and the tree of liberty is welcome to use me to sustain it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
Ive lived long enough. Im at the point where i dont want to live in a world where the neo communists win and take over. Ive no use to be alive in an dystopian future such as that and the tree of liberty is welcome to use me to sustain it.

Amen brother!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker

Exactly. I do my absolute BEST NOT to associate with ANY liberals. At work, it is difficult, but they ALL know me and do their BEST to give me a wide birth. I have lived WAY too long to give in to ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gotta give them all the bullets first...

Happiness is the purpose of Conscious Life
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
As for me, I am done. I am cancelling my c&r license, throwing out my inventory book, headed to Redding Auctions in Gettysburg, canceling my voter registration. I refuse to participate in a society such as what we are turning into. Fortunately I am having my other cataract surgery in two week before jackass joe decides I am too old for that. Can't even hold a fair honest election. I feel the same as Longbeard. If you know what is good for you, stay the hell away from me. I will not give in. Who is going to be the first to be surrounded by a mob that demands you kneel and had over your wallet..........while the police officer stands by, because he has been told not to get involved. I have a couple of 1895's that I will keep.. Maybe a hunting rifle or two. Military collection, bye bye. I do have a couple evil drive by semi auto M1 garands. I suppose they will have to go. Some street thug could cut the barrel down to 5 inches and have a 30 06 uzi. Three tube fed 22 rifles. High capacity mags I guess.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by damnesia
If Biden wins, I don't see any of that happening. A president doesn't have the power to pass legislation like that alone, and the republicans have the senate, house and supreme court.

President doesn't need to legislate , implement executive order .

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bulkie_roll
Originally Posted by damnesia
If Biden wins, I don't see any of that happening. A president doesn't have the power to pass legislation like that alone, and the republicans have the senate, house and supreme court.

President doesn't need to legislate , implement executive order .

You may want to study up on executive orders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Republicans don't have the House. I'd say it's doubtful they'll take it. Officially we don't even have the Senate, though it's very likely we'll keep that.

Biden needs Congress to revoke the law protecting gun mfr's from frivolous lawsuits, which is his biggest wish. Revoking that law would pretty much lead to large Democrat cities using tax money to sue every gun mfr out of business.
As well, Dems need Congress for universal background checks for private sales. Everybody would just ignore this, since it's unenforceable without a nat'l gun registry and not sure SCOTUS would uphold fed regulation of in-state private firearm sales.

Outside of that, he can block most firearm imports thru executive action, Congress turned over that power long ago.
He can pull a Trump and try to ban some things by executive order, the bump stock ban was a horrible precedent there. Most at risk would probably be all semiauto rifles under the claim they can easily be converted to full auto with the use of home made bump fire devices.
ATF under Trump is already moving on making pistols with arm braces NFA firearms, so no matter what that will probably happen.
I don't think there's much else he can do via Executive Orders, if there'd been more then Obama would have done it.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Most executive orders stem from a president’s desire to bypass Congress. The legislative body is not required to approve any executive order, nor can it overturn an order. The best it can do if it doesn’t like an executive order is to pass a law to cut funding for the order’s implementation. But even then, the president can veto such a defunding law.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Republicans don't have the House. I'd say it's doubtful they'll take it. Officially we don't even have the Senate, though it's very likely we'll keep that.

Biden needs Congress to revoke the law protecting gun mfr's from frivolous lawsuits, which is his biggest wish. Revoking that law would pretty much lead to large Democrat cities using tax money to sue every gun mfr out of business.
As well, Dems need Congress for universal background checks for private sales. Everybody would just ignore this, since it's unenforceable without a nat'l gun registry and not sure SCOTUS would uphold fed regulation of in-state private firearm sales.

Outside of that, he can block most firearm imports thru executive action, Congress turned over that power long ago.
He can pull a Trump and try to ban some things by executive order, the bump stock ban was a horrible precedent there. Most at risk would probably be all semiauto rifles under the claim they can easily be converted to full auto with the use of home made bump fire devices.
ATF under Trump is already moving on making pistols with arm braces NFA firearms, so no matter what that will probably happen.
I don't think there's much else he can do via Executive Orders, if there'd been more than Obama would have done it.

Didn't realize I added the House to my post. I noticed it earlier this morning and removed it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bulkie_roll
Most executive orders stem from a president’s desire to bypass Congress. The legislative body is not required to approve any executive order, nor can it overturn an order. The best it can do if it doesn’t like an executive order is to pass a law to cut funding for the order’s implementation. But even then, the president can veto such a defunding law.

Executive Orders are essentially just orders from the executive to an executive branch to implement something under existing law. If there's no law supporting the order or the agency's power to implement it, the courts will strike it down.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I pray none of that happens. Guns will get cheap if it does!

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We've lived through this before we'll make it again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have NEVER lived through this before. What Biden/Harris has in store it the likes we have NEVER seen. Portland, Minneapolis, Seattle, Philadelphia, all burned and looted while the police stood down. What's to stop BLM or antifa from going on a rampage?

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
US

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think US is all talk and no action, although I will give the red states in the mid west for being the part of the country with back bone..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1lessdog, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,357
Posts18,527,093
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.