Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
What would you recommend as the best / most accurate laser bore sighter on the market. Wheelers is the most expensive bit is it worth it? Getting ready to buy one

Last edited by andrews1958; 11/09/20.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pieces of worthless schit. Hint.

Use your blinkers and a scope that ACTUALLY fhuqking tracks and (3) shots to attain zero,is a whole fhuqking bunch of shooting. Hint.

Thank me later...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Pieces of worthless schit. Hint.

Completely agree

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by andrews1958
What would you recommend as the best / most accurate laser bore sighter on the market. Wheelers is the most expensive bit is it worth it? Getting ready to buy one

Total waste of money

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only tool I've found to ever help save a round or two of ammo is an old Bushnell collimator. Especially if you are removing a zero'ed scope and replacing it with a new one, I can generally get a new scope to shoot within a few clicks at 100 first time out by recording what the old scope saw on the collimator and putting the new one as close to there as I can, takes about 30 seconds.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Best bore sighter? Your eyeball.

Pull the bolt, use your bore as the “ghost ring” to attain the target. Keep the rifle there and move the crosshairs to mirror the alignment.

This should get you on 8.5x11” paper 99% of the time. From there, a scope with dependable turrets makes zeroing a cakewalk.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bushnell collimeter. Will also work with semiautos, pumps, and lever actions where you can't just pull the bolt and sight thru barrel. Got mine about 35 yrs ago. Can do initial bore sight at home before going to the range.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
But But But Jim Shockey swears by his. I bought one about 10 years ago, wasted money.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
The only tool I've found to ever help save a round or two of ammo is an old Bushnell collimator. Especially if you are removing a zero'ed scope and replacing it with a new one, I can generally get a new scope to shoot within a few clicks at 100 first time out by recording what the old scope saw on the collimator and putting the new one as close to there as I can, takes about 30 seconds.

If you want, after sighting in rifle, you can adjust the grid in the collimeter to match for easier scope remounting.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by MikeL2
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

If you want, after sighting in rifle, you can adjust the grid in the collimeter to match for easier scope remounting.

Oh yeah, you can also help prevent a canted scope by making sure vertical line in scope reticle is parallel with vertical collimeter grid lines.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
For lever rifles etc. that you can't shuck the bolt on, you can stick em in a vise, turn off the lights, and shine a flashlight into the chamber, projecting a beam of light through the barrel onto a nearby wall. Adjust scope to wherever the beam of light hit. That has got me on paper a time or two.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I can get on paper every time using my Leupold Zero Point Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter. Sadly, I believe they quit making them years ago..

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
But But But Jim Shockey swears by his. I bought one about 10 years ago, wasted money.

Yep, "trusts his life to it."

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by troutslayer
I can get on paper every time using my Leupold Zero Point Magnetic Illuminated Boresighter. Sadly, I believe they quit making them years ago..

I had three of them, NIB. You should've seen what they fetched on Ebay.....a fool and his money........

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by troutslayer

I can get on paper everytime and I don't use a mechanical bore sighter

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I agree with ckat. I put my rifles in a lead sled, pull the bolt and look down the barrel to align the bore with the target. Target is set at 25 yds. Then adjust the crosshairs to be centered on the bull's eye. Once I line up, I shoot a round or 2 at 25 yds. and adjust my point of impact to be about 1" low. At 100 yards I'm usually really close to hitting the bull. So close that I usually need only a couple of rounds to adjust the scope where I want the impact to be, usually 2 1/2" high at 100 yards. I think 6 rounds is the most I've ever had to fire to get a new scope adjusted where I want it to be.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have always just looked through the bbl and moved the x to it. I try to pick something 100 yards away and the only time I wasn't on paper was with a couple of scopes that were bad out of the box. In fact I did it for a guy at deer camp couple of weeks ago. He thought I was crazy until he shot his rifle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a BSA bore sighter (collimiter) that I purchased 15 years ago. It never fails to put me on the paper at 100 yards.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

It cracks me up that Jeremy Shockey tries to pedal those POF bore sighters on every episode !!!!!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by shaman
I've got a BSA bore sighter (collimiter) that I purchased 15 years ago. It never fails to put me on the paper at 100 yards.

I'm glad you got one that works. I have one of those BSA bore sighters too. Sure, it will put me on paper but it has to be a hell of a big sheet of paper! First shot is always high to the left so now I adjust accordingly.
The last scope I mounted I used the method ckat mentioned and it was more accurate than my BSA bore sighter.

Last edited by River_Ridge; 11/10/20.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 72 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,801
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.