Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by deflave
1. U.S. citizen, ID required
2. Not a "ward of .gov"..........someone on an entitlement that isn't an earned entitlement (which isn't a true entitlement). I don't know all the little vs big programs, etc....but if a person is relying on a .gov program like food stamps, housing, etc, they shouldn't vote until they are free of that program.

Don't forget teachers.

Yeah, those teachers.....ruining everything...

Perhaps you are not familiar with the recent Ky gubernatorial election.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well?

What do we have eligible voters whittled down to?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Probably about 0 if you throw out anyone consuming anything from subsidized industries.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I thought about this thread and if you only allow property owners to vote most folks in the military couldn't vote.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by EdM
You guys need to come to the realization that poor people that live in rentals are not the the problem.

Bingo.

This is very true. I drove through some very nice suburban neighborhoods in PA before the election and there were a lot of Biden signs. They outnumbered the Trump signs by a huge margin which really made my stomach turn.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
I thought about this thread and if you only allow property owners to vote most folks in the military couldn't vote.

They shouldn't get to vote anyhow because they work a government job......

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Only land owners should vote. No one else has a need in voting.

Bullshit.

There was a stretch of time when I owned no land but paid more in taxes than some landowners had in income.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm like Trump, I use the tax laws to deduct what is legal from my income to lower our tax liability. Businesses have legitimate expenses that nullify income.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Citizenship
Voter ID

Tighten up the election process.

Period.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

Really? YGTBSM

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Really? YGTBSM

Sarcasm....

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ken_L
Originally Posted by EdM
You guys need to come to the realization that poor people that live in rentals are not the the problem.

Bingo.

This is very true. I drove through some very nice suburban neighborhoods in PA before the election and there were a lot of Biden signs. They outnumbered the Trump signs by a huge margin which really made my stomach turn.

I hope somalia harris puts tens of thousands of groids ghetto thugs in ASec Ape housing projects right in the middle of those very nice suburb homes. I want to see their sons beaten every day in school and their daughters impregnated at 13 by rope headed buckwheats

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E

Tired, old argument in favor of an aristocracy, the renter pays his landlord’s property taxes.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by El_CuCuy

Tired, old argument in favor of an aristocracy, the renter pays his landlord’s property taxes.

Even when the government tells the landlords that they can't kick out renters for not paying rent because of COVID?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BtailHunter

Even when the government tells the landlords that they can't kick out renters for not paying rent because of COVID?

Ziiiing......well played and true

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
main problem is women voting. cannot let women choose anything. when given the right to choose most become tattooed sperm banks drooling over rope head groids then end up with choco babies.
the first female on earth Eve was allowed to choose and the result was mankind was doomed forever

Sounds like the women in your life were attracted by your intellect.

mike r

I have other physical attributes they like. I do not want to come home and play chess with a woman. to me women are for pleasure and house work. also it sounds like you raising a mulatto grandkid.
You have my sympathy. You have never known a good woman as a friend and companion.

Woman was NOT placed on Earth to be your sperm spittoon and slave.

She was put here to be your MATE. Too bad you are not worthy of such.

modern women choose to be tattooed sperm banks. women are good for about 6 months then they start to resent you. it is in their DNA that only way any guy including you can stay with a woman is to be pussy whipped and dominated by the woman and they still hate you
Eve was put here to be Adams mate. due to Eves choices she doomed mankind forever

The extreme level of ignorance demonstrated by this post, yet you are able to read, write, and even operate some form of internet access device. Just amazing!

The very definition of dichotomy.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As I understand it, the original intent was to make sure that only people who had shown some relative stability were able to vote. They chose property ownership as the criteria for that.

The opposite side of that coin was that they knew what happened to previous democracies where "The Mob" (the general populace, not the Mafia) was allowed to vote and how easy it was to sway the common populace with personal greed and the emotion of the moment. Which gets back to the desire to only give the vote to people who would - hopefully - show a more long term and responsible point of view.

There really are people who shouldn't be allowed to vote because they are too stupid or too irresponsible. The problem lies in finding a reliable mechanism for determining who those people are.

JMO - I still like the idea of two levels of citizenship. Everyone of natural birth or naturalized citizenship is provided the full protection of law but only those who have shown some willingness to go above and beyond, who have shown some level of personal responsibility, would be allowed to vote and hold office. Given human nature the natural inclination of that is for the enfranchised to pass laws discriminating against the unenfranchised (or recently disenfranchised) so any tinkering with the current citizenship system would have to include hard and fast protections again that.

Bottom line is that a universal franchise is what eventually kills democracies or democratic republics. We have seen that historical fact played out since the 1930's at least.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by lvmiker
main problem is women voting. cannot let women choose anything. when given the right to choose most become tattooed sperm banks drooling over rope head groids then end up with choco babies.
the first female on earth Eve was allowed to choose and the result was mankind was doomed forever

Sounds like the women in your life were attracted by your intellect.

mike r

I have other physical attributes they like. I do not want to come home and play chess with a woman. to me women are for pleasure and house work. also it sounds like you raising a mulatto grandkid.
You have my sympathy. You have nevet known a good woman as a friend and companion.

Woman was
NOT placed on Earth to be your sperm spittoon and slave.

She was put here to be your MATE. Too bad you are not worthy of such.

These quality women you speak of are few and far between these days.... the feminist kool-aid is addictive

a guy like idaho shooter probably a good guy may have married a girl out of high school. his knowledge of women severely limited. I was never married worked in 12 different states and was with so many woman that I lost count years ago. nobody can understand women but I got a lot of experience from models rich women strippers etc

Actually, I was 26 years old. My wife was 25 when I met her, and she had a five year old daughter. The two of them are the best thing that ever happened in my life, along with the two other kids that came along later.

Yes I knew a few "party girls" before I met my wife.

A wise man forms no emotional ties to that sort. You gotta sort a bit of chaff to find the wheat. But there are a lot of fine women out there for the men who can appreciate them.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
As I understand it, the original intent was to make sure that only people who had shown some relative stability were able to vote. Also, since most tax revenue at the time came from property taxes*, they figured that only those people with skin in the game should be able to vote.

The opposite side of that coin was that they knew what happened to previous democracies where "The Mob" (the general populace, not the Mafia) was allowed to vote and how easy it was to sway the common populace with personal greed and the emotion of the moment. Which gets back to the desire to only give the vote to people who would - hopefully - show a more long term and responsible point of view.

There really are people who shouldn't be allowed to vote because they are too stupid or too irresponsible. The problem lies in finding a reliable mechanism for determining who those people are.

JMO - I still like the idea of two levels of citizenship. Everyone of natural birth or naturalized citizenship is provided the full protection of law but only those who have shown some willingness to go above and beyond, who have shown some level of personal responsibility, would be allowed to vote and hold office. Given human nature the natural inclination of that is for the enfranchised to pass laws discriminating against the unenfranchised (or recently disenfranchised) so any tinkering with the current citizenship system would have to include hard and fast protections again that.

Bottom line is that a universal franchise is what eventually kills democracies or democratic republics. We have seen that historical fact played out since the 1930's at least.

* there were other various taxes on goods and such

When the immigration law was changed in the 60's, there were zero "hard and fast protections" put into place. Just a lot of lies. So I say Fuuck 'em. This nation has been systematically transferred from those who built it to freeloaders, and the face continues to multiply yearly.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by BtailHunter

Is the landlord in a forbearance period on his mortgage for the very reason you state? Exactly how should that affect who has the right to vote?

Yes, there is a housing crisis caused by the virus, no that doesn’t mean that a reductio ad absurdum argument should be used to justify an apartheid state.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

79 members (35, afisher, Aviator, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 9 invisible), 1,434 guests, and 772 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,593
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.