Challenge your limits
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by copperking81
Not an answer on a steakhouse per se but if you haven't tried a dry aged steak, you have no idea what you're missing. And I'm not talking about a ribeye some azzhole tossed in fridge for a few days, but a true 30+ day, properly dry aged steak. Dry aged will forever change your expectations of steak.

I agree that many of the bigger named steak houses have gone downhill. I still like Ruth's... unfortunately they don't offer dry aged.

Preach it brother.

This guys is well... a bit eclectic but he knows how to grill and he's big on dry aged steak.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfE5Cz44GlZVyoaYTHJbuZw

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My wife and I are going to try one of two local steakhouses this weekend. They both offer dry aged so I’m betting they’re legit.

There is a Palm in Miami that I have never had. Wouldn’t mind trying one.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
. . . Ruth's Chris is good . . . The quality of the food is not equal to the bill though. . .

I must agree with this. +1

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gutthooked
Texas roadhouse has a great ribeye

I must agree with this +1

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The only bad thing about Texas Roadhouse is,..if you go there during typical dinner hours there's a waiting list. It seems like it's that way at all of them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The only bad thing about Texas Roadhouse is,..if you go there during typical dinner hours there's a waiting list. It seems like it's that way at all of them.

That is certainly true of the one in Cedar Rapids; but then, I don't believe that any house built in Cedar Rapids in the last 75 years or so has a kitchen in it, given the lines to get in anyplace for supper (or to get something from a drive-thru these days).

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

It's not worth waiting for, so I never wait. I go to Longhorns or Salt Grass instead, where there is never a wait.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
We always make it a point to go at off peak hours. Usually get seated almost as soon as we walk in.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Used to go to one of the Broker restaurants in Denver, that was pretty damn good...

The Depot in Missoula used to have the best prime rib going but last time there it was average

Horseman's Lodge in Flagstaff was pretty good when Bob Lupo owned it, but now not so much...

The Mormon Lake Inn or whatever they are calling it now was good when I was there years ago...

Anybody ever had a ribeye from Ray's Tavern in Green River Utah? That's pretty good food and always a stop on the way elk hunting in Az...

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Between Texas Hohouse and Longhorn, one of them serves bread and one serves rolls if I remember correctly. The rolls are better than the little loaf of bread.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
How many of these joints use a jaccard?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Geeze....probably a bunch of em...

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I'm surprised that the The Mint Steakhouse Restaurant In Silverthorne CO hasn't been mentioned.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
I'm surprised that the The Mint Steakhouse Restaurant In Silverthorne CO hasn't been mentioned.

Is that a national chain?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Just saw the thread, haven't read any of it, but I am going to go out on a limb and predict that in spite of the title, we will get all kinds of posts praising obscure local steakhouses.

Do you pride yourself in being wrong most of the time?

Definitely, but if you read through the responses, you'll see that I was right this time.

I did....and believe you to be more wrong than right.....this time.

A smattering at best. grin

I stand by my call. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by slumlord

I think that it is. They are the cook your own steak over a common grill. They have an advisor at the grill suggesting seasons and drinks. A Ton of fun there. I drove myself into a gout attack over the course of a week there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The best of the best.
https://fogodechao.com/

Fogodechao is really good, I call it death by meat. They keep bringing it until you say uncle or pop, whichever comes first.

Definitely one of the top five steaks I've ever had was at Cattleman's steakhouse in Fabens TX which is outside of El Paso. Not a chain and I don't think it's got anything to do with the other cattleman's mentioned. They do a fantastic steak though.

https://cattlemanssteakhouse.com/

That place in Fabens flat fugking SUCKS.

All hype.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Del Frisco and Flemings, Ruth Chris in a pinch.

mike r

What do you usually get at Del Friscos?

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord

I think that it is. They are the cook your own steak over a common grill. They have an advisor at the grill suggesting seasons and drinks. A Ton of fun there. I drove myself into a gout attack over the course of a week there.

Wait, I have to pay money to cook my own steak AND be told how to do it correctly?

Yeah, no.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 50 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.