Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by slumlord
I'm surprised that the The Mint Steakhouse Restaurant In Silverthorne CO hasn't been mentioned.
Is that a national chain?
I think that it is. They are the cook your own steak over a common grill. They have an advisor at the grill suggesting seasons and drinks. A Ton of fun there. I drove myself into a gout attack over the course of a week there.
Wait, I have to pay money to cook my own steak AND be told how to do it correctly? Yeah, no.
lmao

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
They probably make you bus your own table after dinner.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
still laffin’

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
I'm surprised that the The Mint Steakhouse Restaurant In Silverthorne CO hasn't been mentioned.

I think that it is. They are the cook your own steak over a common grill. They have an advisor at the grill suggesting seasons and drinks. A Ton of fun there. I drove myself into a gout attack over the course of a week there.

Wait, I have to pay money to cook my own steak AND be told how to do it correctly?

Yeah, no.

Primecut? Or PrimeQuarter? In Green Bay is like that. Good steaks. I can eat a pile of garlic’d Texas Toast browned on the grill as I’m waiting to cook my steak, it’s good meat, but the novelty is gone the first time you go there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by copperking81
Not an answer on a steakhouse per se but if you haven't tried a dry aged steak, you have no idea what you're missing. And I'm not talking about a ribeye some azzhole tossed in fridge for a few days, but a true 30+ day, properly dry aged steak. Dry aged will forever change your expectations of steak.

I agree that many of the bigger named steak houses have gone downhill. I still like Ruth's... unfortunately they don't offer dry aged.

Was watching a Netflix series about bbq.

Guy in Australia was dry aging steaks for 200 days. Basting with liquid fat every so often.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They wouldn’t like it when I spit on the grill to check it for the right heat, like at the casa

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
OO,

That video was surprisingly good and mirrors my experiences with the exception of Ruth’s Kris.

I have tried three different locations and they were all Texas Roarhouse grade with a Morton’s price.

Morton’s used to be the bomb. It’s too bad they’ve gone to schit.

Out on the pipeline for 16 years, and eating out every night, I discovered that Longhorn Steakhouse was the best quality ribeye at the best price. Outback used to be pretty good in the early 2000's but they changed their beef source. I found that out by talking to the restaurant managers, who agreed their beef was poor quality at that time (mid-2000's) The Longhorn mangers I talked to said that company executives had figured out that beef quality was the most important success factor for their restaurants. I didn't start eating steaks at Texas Road House until I retired and moved back to Oklahoma City. I like how they allow you to pick out your own steak, and their Ribeye has alot of fat and marbling, which gives it a very good flavor.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My wife and I are going to try one of two local steakhouses this weekend. They both offer dry aged so I’m betting they’re legit.

There is a Palm in Miami that I have never had. Wouldn’t mind trying one.

Don't forget your mask and face shield in public. You gotta do your part!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by copperking81
Not an answer on a steakhouse per se but if you haven't tried a dry aged steak, you have no idea what you're missing. And I'm not talking about a ribeye some azzhole tossed in fridge for a few days, but a true 30+ day, properly dry aged steak. Dry aged will forever change your expectations of steak.

I agree that many of the bigger named steak houses have gone downhill. I still like Ruth's... unfortunately they don't offer dry aged.

Was watching a Netflix series about bbq.

Guy in Australia was dry aging steaks for 200 days. Basting with liquid fat every so often.

200 days? Jeez at some point you'd think it would be carrion.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
They wouldn’t like it when I spit on the grill to check it for the right heat, like at the casa

You spit on your finger quick and then touch the grill. For some reason people don't get as offended.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Del Frisco and Flemings, Ruth Chris in a pinch.

mike r

What do you usually get at Del Friscos?

Start w/ a seafood tower if at least 2 of you. My favorite is the 45 day aged ribeye, my wife likes their lobster tail better than anyones. Get the full tail, you can order by size and it is finished tableside. We split a creamed spinach and an au gratin potatoes. Go hungry forget the budgetgrin

PS The Palm here in LV is very good but I have not been in over a year. You must make reservations well in advance unless you are known. I'm not but my kid is so I let him pay the bill.

bon appetite mon petit chou

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Scared of dry aged, about $70- $80 bucks around here. What if it rocks my world? What to do for an encore?

I've been to 3 or 4 steak places that at one time were rated in the top 10 in the US. Florida, Colorado & Ohio. Just their basic strip, med. rare. Their names escape me now, The Buckhorn Exchange in Denver was good, but not over the top. They were once rated high, but rarely make the top 10 or 20 theses days.

I've paid a hundred bucks for what was supposed to be Kobe, but later found out that true Kobe is available in only 11 restaurants in the entire US. Not enough to go to all those places claiming so. They've pretty much stopped the claims, it's Wagu, good, but not that good.

I didn't bring up Texas de Brazil as I see it different. I call it a meat house. Their steak is good, as well as many other cuts. But it's not my idea of a sit down steak dinner with a specialty like my preferred NYS.

When I go out to eat, it's not likely steak. I've continuously worked on my own home cooked steaks for years & I'd go broke visiting a restaurant that happened to suit me better.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by add

Wait, I have to pay money to cook my own steak AND be told how to do it correctly?

Yeah, no.

I guess the Black Rock Grill wouldn't be for you?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Charcoal grill a sirloin roast someday.

A friend showed me how many years ago. He'd get a big roast about 1.5 inches thick.

Work meat tenderizer into both sides of it with a fork,,...lots of charcoal,..let it get *hot* before you put the meat on the grill. It'll dry out if the grill isn't hot enough to sear it as soon as you put it on.

Only turn it once. The timing is a bit tricky. But it's a lot better than you would expect if you hit it just right.

A few of us would get together drinking beer and he'd grill a roast. We'd eat it like cavemen. Just cut a chunk off of it and eat it,...a beer in one hand, a chunk of grilled roast in the other.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Flemings is hard to beat .

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Yeah, no.

Depends.

Do patrons have to clean and restock the kitchen at the end of the shift?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
there's a regional place up north, 2 or 3 locations, established reputation, great stop off if ya got no deer

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by add

Yeah, no.

Depends.

Do patrons have to clean and restock the kitchen at the end of the shift?

You would have to put the rocks back in the furnace.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Swimin' upstream, I'd just as soon enjoy home done brisket. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Swimin' upstream, I'd just as soon enjoy home done brisket. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hello Iowa.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.