Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
If Biden becomes POTUS, it will be close to 20 in 6 months.

MM

Are you truly serious about that? Does anyone else think that is a reasonable statement?

Yes and I furthermore think that it will be close to 15,000 by the start of Slow Joe's third year.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
predict R's maintain control of the Senate, which will maintain gridlock. No big legislative events happen. Market stays on a rising trend next two years.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
I hope the stock market crashes cause it is no good for a country where a bunch of lazy lard azzes sit around trying to get rich. the airlines spent 55 billion buying their own stocks so they would be inflated then they cash out . now they want a 60 billion dollar bailout from the govt. instead of investing the 55 billions on their planes terminals etc they wasted it in the stock market. stock market is now used by the CEO's to artificially drive up their stocks cash them in leave with 100-200 million while their company withers away with all those jobs lost. stock market used to be for building up a business now used to take them down Sears, Toys R Us cabelas just a few out of many

From the mouth's of babes who forgot to save when it was important to do so in one's career......... laugh

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by TRnCO
predict R's maintain control of the Senate, which will maintain gridlock. No big legislative events happen. Market stays on a rising trend next two years.

Right on. That was my thinking when I made the prediction. The markets like gridlock. So do I. Also Biden is beholden to big Tech and big Corporations and has been all his career. He is not about to do anything to damage that relation. Harris?

Four years ago the DJIA was about half what it is now.

People who badmouth the Stock Markets probably don't realize how much they are invested in the Markets and how well they have performed over the past decade.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If the Republicans hold the Senate for the next four years the DJIA will be at or above 40,000 sometime during that period.

If the republicans have the senate, the house margin is razor thin, and Biden is a weak Pres, the stock market will love the expected reduction in gov caused changes.

I lost 20%/year under Bush 41 buying Cisco and Microsoft, but trading fast.
I made 20%/year under Clinton with Microsoft long term investing
I made 20%/year under Bush 43 with Microsoft and Google long term investing
I made 20%/year under Obama with Google and Amazon long term investing
I made 43%/year under Trump with Google and Amazon long term investing

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Even “if” the market doesn’t crash with the Dem’s in charge.....they will get all of your earnings in Income Tax and Capitol Gains Taxes! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
If Biden becomes POTUS, it will be close to 20 in 6 months.

MM

Are you truly serious about that? Does anyone else think that is a reasonable statement?

Yes. If we lose the Senate, the 3 Trillion hero’s act will be passed. Student loan forgiveness will pass. Biden will shut down the country for 3-4 months. The house will figure out a way to tax probably by removing deferred taxes on 401K accounts giving access to 3.6 Trillion. Paris Climate accord will go in costing 1 Trillion. Iran peace accord joined. Massive immigration leading to higher welfare expenditures. In other words look for the debt to go up by about 4-6 Trillion in the first 6 mos. Then add in all the new corporate and personal income taxes to go up to pay for all this sh*t. Plus oil, gas and electric prices have a value added tax of 50% to pay for the greenie layouts. Perfect scenario for a crash.

Yep. You covered it nicely.

But the crash won't happen until the market has a big run up drunk on government money. Trick will be to bail before the crash. The Bear Market would be a LONG one.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Anybody mention interest rates?

They ain’t gonna stay this low forever. Sooner or later the cheap money is going to stop flowing, and when it does, well find out just how much of the economy is propped up by cheap cash.

Lots of business, big and small, going to feel it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the world is awash in free helicopter money from the federal gov't. not sayin' it ain't needed, it's been part of the reconciliation that has kept us afloat. the roads around here are full of traffic, and mostly late model vehicles.

i'd say the gridlock point that others have made is very good backdrop for the markets to operate from.

i still remember ol jimmah's days and the level of interest rates at the time.

we're either in a majikal age, or interest rates will rise again.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by OldHat
If trump is not reelected our election system is permanently broken. Let that sink in.

Yup

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by MadMooner

They ain’t gonna stay this low forever. Sooner or later the cheap money is going to stop flowing, and when it does, well find out just how much of the economy is propped up by cheap cash.

Zerohedge had an article about this. Can't find it now.Their point was that the fed can't possible raise interest rates because it would do too much damage.

Everyone knows the market has been a money tree over the last 4 years. Based on what is the question. Don't prospectives say something like "past performance is no predictor of future performance".

Our high times are floating on debt.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/18/20.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Paying a financial advisor is such a waste of money if you can get free information on this forum.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Our high times are floating on debt.

That about covers it.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Paying a financial advisor is such a waste of money if you can get free information on this forum.

i want to get my financial information from the same place and same time that the financial advisors get theirs.

we must remember that debt is not all that bad. we've got plenty of it, and we're still very fine.

i use to adhere to various monetary theories, and there's lot's of them out there from which to choose.

nowadays, i've decided it's probably just as cost-effective to print 100 dollar bills as one dollar bills, yes?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Financial advisors are for amateurs. Anyone with a decent education willing to read, look, and listen can be their own financial advisor.

I have always run my own money and have lived in a comfortable neighborhood in the Land of Critical Mass for many years. Hell, if I can do it any fool can.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by memtb

Even “if” the market doesn’t crash with the Dem’s in charge.....they will get all of your earnings in Income Tax and Capitol Gains Taxes! memtb

The Senate might be a roadblock.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
I hope the stock market crashes cause it is no good for a country where a bunch of lazy lard azzes sit around trying to get rich. the airlines spent 55 billion buying their own stocks so they would be inflated then they cash out . now they want a 60 billion dollar bailout from the govt. instead of investing the 55 billions on their planes terminals etc they wasted it in the stock market. stock market is now used by the CEO's to artificially drive up their stocks cash them in leave with 100-200 million while their company withers away with all those jobs lost. stock market used to be for building up a business now used to take them down Sears, Toys R Us cabelas just a few out of many

The stock market didn’t take those companies down. Trying to compete with Walmart did.

The whole airline industry like the travel industry and the cruise lines are in the scchhitter because of the covid.

You’re dead right about many CEOs and their methods while the Boards of Directors lets them get away with it. Like, say, the NRA.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

The whole airline industry like the travel industry and the cruise lines are in the scchhitter because of the covid.

I can't see people going back en masse until vaccines are widespread.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I can't see people going back en masse until vaccines are widespread.

Me either making now as the time to be buying those along the way,

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

I bought Boeing about six months ago. I'm way behind now. Might be a good time to buy and lower my average cost.

The Max was finally re-certified and will be carrying passengers sometime early next year.

www.paracay.com

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 11 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,726
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.