Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
For the last 35 years we have as a family been fighting an insidious disease, the wife has Polysystic Kidney Disease and had to start dialysis 25 years ago. We had no idea she had it when we married lo those 49 years ago. or would have not had children as it is an inherited trait. Of my 3 offspring, the two daughters both have it and so far the son exhibits no signs.

My wife received a living kidney donation from my son's wife 15 years ago, (what gem of a girl) and it changed her life so much for the better, yes she is on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of her life and her immune system is degraded, but not being tied to a chair 5 hours a day three days a week with the resultant bone loss brought on by dialysis, well it is the holy grail for those thus afflicted.

Oldest daughter has lost both hips due to dialysis caused bone loss, and the younger daughter now 40 has seen the ravages of the disease and with dread watched the progression of loss of kidney function till just recently when a fellow teacher has offered to donate a kidney. Mo fanfare, the young lady wants no accolades or even recognition. How can one old fart be so blessed?

They are set for surgery today at Vanderbilt, would much appreciate prayers of those so inclined.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll pray for them. I hope she receives God's blessing along with the rest of your family.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Your family and the donors have our thoughts and prayers!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Prayers sent from Pa.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by worriedman
For the last 35 years we have as a family been fighting an insidious disease, the wife has Polysystic Kidney Disease and had to start dialysis 25 years ago. We had no idea she had it when we married lo those 49 years ago. or would have not had children as it is an inherited trait. Of my 3 offspring, the two daughters both have it and so far the son exhibits no signs.

My wife received a living kidney donation from my son's wife 15 years ago, (what gem of a girl) and it changed her life so much for the better, yes she is on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of her life and her immune system is degraded, but not being tied to a chair 5 hours a day three days a week with the resultant bone loss brought on by dialysis, well it is the holy grail for those thus afflicted.

Oldest daughter has lost both hips due to dialysis caused bone loss, and the younger daughter now 40 has seen the ravages of the disease and with dread watched the progression of loss of kidney function till just recently when a fellow teacher has offered to donate a kidney. Mo fanfare, the young lady wants no accolades or even recognition. How can one old fart be so blessed?

They are set for surgery today at Vanderbilt, would much appreciate prayers of those so inclined.

Reading things like this gives one a reaffirmation of faith in your fellow man.

Prayers for your daughter.

Many in my family have signed up for full organ and tissue donation upon death. Donations are about the very last thing that a person can do for others whom they don’t know and have never seen.

If the good L*rd didn’t approve of it then He wouldn’t have the parts and pieces transferable. Jmo

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Best of luck to all involved
Hoping this gets her back on track.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
God bless sir.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Prayers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God bless you and yours.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lifted from my house.

BP...

IC B3

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Hope things go well for your family, you're a tough crew!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Done

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers lifted!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here as well

Now with even more aplomb
K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Many prayers from my family.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Prayers sent.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Will do

Been there; done that. Got my anti rejection meds right on my knee getting ready to take them. And then headed to a deer stand. Life goes on.

PKD is a nasty sombitch, still have my natives, theyre big as 2-liter soda bottles, and they get grumpy.

Not even my Vandy nephrologists are well versed in the nuances of all the little manifestations and presentations of PKD, it’s also a vascular disease too. I get annoyed educating MDs.

I have only been warmly, barely impressed with Vandy post-transplant care. Certainly a step up that shîthole St Thomas West down the way. I told pre transplant patients in the waiting room at st thomas, get up and run for your lives, go to Mayo in Jacksonville or Vandy.

Vandy has that new 6th floor completely dedicated transplant wars. I was in there for a refresher 3 weeks ago. Fresh paint, no wires sticking out of the wall, all the nurses are hot, exercise chicks. No fat, grumpy groids like the other Nashville hosptials.

All the best

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers sent WM, y'all got a tough little girl there.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Prayers for all involved including the surgeons and nurses.

I had a good friend who had similar guilt feelings for unknowingly passing on an inherited heart defect. Perhaps guilt isn't the correct word, more like profound sadness that members of his family had to deal with the same issues. He was given seven more years thanks to a heart transplant.

Peace and comfort to you all.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Prayers are sent!

Stay safe and healthy.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 50 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,531
Posts18,472,723
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.