For the last 35 years we have as a family been fighting an insidious disease, the wife has Polysystic Kidney Disease and had to start dialysis 25 years ago. We had no idea she had it when we married lo those 49 years ago. or would have not had children as it is an inherited trait. Of my 3 offspring, the two daughters both have it and so far the son exhibits no signs.

My wife received a living kidney donation from my son's wife 15 years ago, (what gem of a girl) and it changed her life so much for the better, yes she is on anti-rejection drugs for the rest of her life and her immune system is degraded, but not being tied to a chair 5 hours a day three days a week with the resultant bone loss brought on by dialysis, well it is the holy grail for those thus afflicted.

Oldest daughter has lost both hips due to dialysis caused bone loss, and the younger daughter now 40 has seen the ravages of the disease and with dread watched the progression of loss of kidney function till just recently when a fellow teacher has offered to donate a kidney. Mo fanfare, the young lady wants no accolades or even recognition. How can one old fart be so blessed?

They are set for surgery today at Vanderbilt, would much appreciate prayers of those so inclined.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA