Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Guys, many of you don't know this, but worriedman is a good guy, and one of the staunch supporters and fighters for gun rights in the state of Tennessee.

Our prayers are definitely with you and your family, sir!

Thanks for that mention gregintenn, I had to work last session remote over the Carona virus thing, had to be careful over the wife, but, she had already had it I think, spent 5 days in ICU at Vandy in February, dang near died, before it made the news...got the sniffles last month and went straight to be tested so as to not jeopardize this surgery and tested positive, I never checked up either time and have slept with her every night and taken care of her through it all...

If the slug McNally does not kill all our good bills this time we are going to have a good year in the GA!

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Donor is done and in recovery, kidney is placed and now they are doing all the necessary tidying up, so far it all looks great, has gone like clockwork.

Thanks to all who have responded, many know the trials. I am lucky to be whole and able to help my wife and children.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome news!

Now with even more aplomb
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
As someone that has worked in kidney dialysis I have the deepest sympathy for those that face such an arduous and uphill battle that dialysis patients face.

I pray that the new kidney takes and that dialysis is in your family’s rear view mirror.

I’ll continue to keep you all in my prayers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's great news!

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the update

My initial probs occurred with cutting into the vena cava, a flake of plaque broke off and entered into the kidney. I had to chilled to and flushed and retransplanted 2 more times after the organ did not come to life.

The initial thymoglobulin induction zapped my white cells and killed my gut flora, contracted cdiff. The repeated anastomoses of the ureter kinked my output and then the organ went hydronephrosed and stalled again for 10 days, causing acute tubular necrosis.

Hoping she gets an immediate bounce and her creatinin falls like a rock !!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mayo offered me a new kidney 2 novembers ago and I declined it. That would be bizarre to many.

In 60 seconds with the offering coordinator, I had visions of thought....do I want 6 months of incessant diarrhea, no white cells, tacrolimus total body tingling, a thousand follow up appoints, staples, J-P drains, icu, propofol, icy shivers, cold sweats, cystoscopies, stents, etc

They give you ONE hour to think about it.

I passed that organ up, kept this one, for now.

Seldom is a transplant like a hallmark movie. Youre not back in game in the bass boat slayin crappie with your bestie Fat Freddy the volunteer firefighter. It’s a rough road.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Prayers sent. What an amazing gift to give someone. Hope both come out better than they went in.

God bless

"What's the point of being retired if you can't climb trees and wash your feet in the creek?" - Teal
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by worriedman
Donor is done and in recovery, kidney is placed and now they are doing all the necessary tidying up, so far it all looks great, has gone like clockwork.

Thanks to all who have responded, many know the trials. I am lucky to be whole and able to help my wife and children.

I checked back for an update and read this. Very glad to hear that things seem to be going according to plan. Prayers for continued success and health!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My kidney is still doing great, Just talked to it's host, he's doing good too.

As donor the first couple weeks sucked, about 6 months to get back to the missionary position.

There is no retreat but in submission and slavery!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pray for her in her time of need

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
God bless all involved, and prayers from Central PA.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just got word, she is in recovery, now the wait begins for real.

I remember them letting me back to see the wife post op, (through the glass of course) about 2 hours after surgery,she was still pretty much out but the nurse pointed to the bag on the hanger by the bed and the steady drip of urine. I remember her coaxing me to understand what I was seeing, and when I got it she gave me big thumbs up.

Son-in-law is the only one they let in, we have the kids and dog here. The 17 year old has called a bagillion times to see if there is news...she faces a 50% chance of having this same crap, but we are not finding out till we can get her down the road a piece...she was District Most Valuable Player in volleyball this year as a junior. Has a few colleges looking at her, not tall but can jump like all get out and mean as a rattlesnake.

Little Crockett County made it to the State Playoffs second year in a row, did not win, but showed well, you learn to enjoy the things you can! By the way, tie breakers are hard on an old coot's heart...

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
I didn't respond this morning but I did say a prayer. Glad to hear things seem to be going okay.

Best of luck to her with her recovery.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Prayers sent Northward.

- Rogue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
God bless you & your family.

Politics is War by Other Means
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Prayers for your family. My wife has kidney disease from taking Nexium. Thank God she is stabilized and not on Dialysis.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
OK, just talked to her, she is awake and not happy, pain is pretty bad, well duh...BP is up, again duh, pain makes it rise, but if she is fussing she is living...Dr. says it went well, this is a journey not a trip. If I remember, it was a bout a week before the wife was civil to me, but then I get it. She did tell me later that I was not worth a damn most of the time, but I was the best man in a crisis she had ever been around, so I will take that.

Last edited by worriedman; 11/19/20.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Great news WM, thanks for the update.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With my translant, I spent 2-days in ICU. IT WAS A BITCH. Just know that it's that way, don't be surprised by it, and know that it will get better fast after those 2 days.

BTDT. By day 5 she'll be doing great.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 160user, 10Glocks, 49 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,530
Posts18,472,708
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.